Secrets

Runaway

"But, sir, I'm not a JYP artist nor am I a trainee..." Mina bit her lower lip.

"I told you already that you are still a family member, didn't I?" JYP smiled at her.

"Y-Yes..." She looked down.

"So it's decided then." JYP smiled again at her.

Mina bowed and walked out of his office. Jackson and Youngjae were waiting for her.

"Noona!" Youngjae walked up to her.

"Honey, is everything okay?" Jackson put his arm around her shoulders.

"Yes, everything's fine." Mina smiled.

"So, are you coming noona?" Youngjae looked at her with begging eyes.

"I have to." Mina smiled awkardly.

"Yes!" Jackson laughed.

"But it's just for JYP artists... Not even trainees are going to this MT... Why me?" Mina sighed.

"I think JYP likes you." Jackson laughed.

Mina giggled. They walked into the training room and Jr. walked up to her.

"And?" He asked her.

"Noona is coming too!" Youngjae clapped excited.

JB, Bambam and Yugyeom smiled at her while Mark was sitting in the corner with a grin plastered on his face as he winked at her. Mina smiled and shook her head.

"Okay, let's head back to the dorms." Bambam sighed and everyone agreed.

They packed their stuff and walked downstairs. Mina put Mark's hoodie on and covered her face as she walked out of the building. Fans were already aware of her but no one knew what she looked like which was a big relieve for Mina. When they were in the van Mina took the hood off and fixed her hair. She peaked out and saw more fangirls out there than before.

"You guys gained popularity." Mina smiled and leaned back.

"I don't think it's us." JB said looking at his phone.

"What do you mean?" Mina asked confused.

"I think it's you." JB looked up and gave his phone to Mina so she could read the article he was reading before.

'New GOT7 member?'  Was the title of the article.

Mina looked up at JB worried but he just nodded reassuring her that everything was fine, so Mina continued to read.

'GOT7, a rookie group that recently had their debut, probably has a new member. The fans noticed an unknown person, as seen on the picture below, who is coming to practices and meetings with GOT7. No one yet has seen this person's face nor do they know his name. Fans are speculating that it might be a new member. But this throws up the question why JYP didn't let this debut with GOT7 and is only now adding him to the group? Everyone is waiting for a JYP representant to answer this question and many more. Stay tuned for more further informations!'

Inbetween this text was a picture of Mina covering herself with a hoodie again. She looked up and gave JB his phone back.

"It's me?" She asked still confused.

"You are the new mysterious face of GOT7." JB giggled.

"But no one knows her, right?" Mark leaned in and asked JB.

"No, not yet. We need to keep this secret tight. If they find out about her, then it could be the end... For all of us." JB looked at her with sad eyes.

"Great." Jr. sighed and leaned back.

"But what about within the school?" Jackson asked.

"We need to keep our distant. If they find out that Mina is 'the mysterious guy of GOT7'..." JB sighed without finishing his sentence.

"Does this mean we need to ignore noona in school?" Bambam looked at JB shocked.

JB slightly nodded.

"It's okay guys... This doesn't mean we're not friends anymore, right?" Mina smiled but deep inside she felt really sad.

She finally thought that everything was going to be okay, she finally thought she found really good friends that she could always talk to whenever she had problems and this happens. Mina tried to surpress a sigh and leaned back closing her eyes.

"Manager oppa." She opened her eyes back.

"Yes?"

"Can you let me off somewhere quiet?" She asked.

"What? Why?" Jackson looked at her.

"We need to keep my identity hidden. For you guys and for myself." She smiled slightly at him.

"You don't need to do it now." Mark said.

"Hyung, say something!" Youngjae looked at JB with begging eyes.

"Guys, we'll see her in school again..." JB said.

"Yeah..." Mina smiled and nodded thankfully at JB.

The rest of the drive was quiet. The maknaes were listening to music while Jr. and Jackson were trying to look into more informations about their secret with Mina. Mark was quietly watching the streets and the people they were passing by. He was biting his thumb to suppress the urge to scream. He didn't want to keep his distance to Mina. While he was lost in his thoughts the car suddenly stopped. Mark watched the back of her as she got out of the car. The door closed on her and the manager continued to drive. He leaned back and closed his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mina took the bus to the coffee shop she was working at. She wasn't working today but she didn't feel like going back to the dorm yet and she had nowhere else to go. After around half an hour she sat down at a table near the counter. Minjoon and Jihoon were the only ones working today. Whenever there were no customers the guys sat down with Mina and talked about this and that but Minjoon had noticed that something was going on with her. Around midnight they closed the shop and Minjoon and Mina made their way back to the dorms.

"Okay, what's up?" Minjoon asked.

"What do you mean?" Mina looked at him confused. 

"I know you well enough to say that something happened today... right?" He asked her.

"No, everything's good." She smiled slightly.

Minjoon stopped walking. 

"Is it about GOT7?" Minjoon asked.

Mina stopped walking too and put her hands into her jacket's pocket. 

"It's not really about them." She sighed.

Minjoon didn't talk and just watched her. 

"It's just that I realised something today..." Mina shrugged.

"What is it?" Minjoon asked her as he walked closer to her.

"Today was the first time I felt like I didn't belong here. GOT7 is so popular, they don't have time to play around with me yet I'm always stuck to them. Doing everything they do and trying to hide myself. I realised how risky this is for myself and most importantly for them... I was reckless, I just realised that now." She blurted everything out and tears started to flow down from her cheeks.

Minjoon sighed and hugged her. 

"We all have dreams. But sometimes it's the best to stuck to the person you are." He said as he her hair.

Mina sighed. She knew he was right but she didn't want to go back home. Without knowing what to do she found herself hugging Minjoon back. Minjoon took a deep breath and looked at her. 

"Mina, let me make you happy." Minjoon said and Mina looked up at him with teary eyes. 

Suddenly Minjoon leaned in and kissed her lips. Mina was surprised and shocked to react. When she finally got a grip of herself she pushed him back.

"I'm sorry." Minjoon immediately apologised.

Mina didn't say anything and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I... I'll be going to the mart." Mark said putting his mask on.

"Now?!" Jr. asked.

"Why not?" Mark sighed.

"It's almost midnight and we have a schedule tomorrow morning!" Jr. said.

"I'll be back quickly." He said and quickly walked out. 

Since Mina got off from the van he didn't stop thinking about her. Was she okay? Where was she now? He had called her but her phone was turned off and if he didn't know whether she was okay or not he wouldn't be able to sleep. He climbed out of the window like he always did when he sneaked out and called Lyn first. She answered her phone with a sleepy voice. Mark had asked her about Mina but Lyn had told him that Mina wasn't back yet. He then climbed over the big fence and started to walk into a direction without thinking much. After a while he realised that he was near to the coffee shop Mina was working at. He decided to look there so he made his way with big steps but after a while he found Mina. She was talking to Minjoon. Mark quickly hid himself and watched them. He wasn't close enough to them so he couldn't understand what they were saying. Minjoon hugged her and Mina hugged him back. Then Minjoon leaned back and they looked at each other before kissing. Mark felt his heart breaking and he walked away without staying any longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days had passed and Mina didn't get in any contact with GOT7. Like she always did for the last week, Mina and Lyn were having lunch with Jonghyun and Minjoon. Mina tried to avoid eye contact with Minjoon as good as she could.

"Are you okay?" Jonghyun suddenly asked Mina.

Mina looked up from her plate at him with dark circles under her eyes.

"You... You didn't eat anything." Jonghyun said pointing at her table.

"Oh..." Mina looked back at her plate.

"And you got dark circles around your eyes..." Jonghyun said.

Lyn sighed and looked at Mina. They didn't talk since they last saw each other. 

"Are you okay?" Lyn softly her arm.

Mina looked up and nodded smiling slightly.

"I'm just tired." She lied.

Then the break was over and they headed to their classes. Mina couldn't pay attention to class though. She was thinking about Mark and GOT7. While they were out working their asses off she was sitting here in class. She missed them. It was only a week now but she felt like she lost very precious friends. When the bell rang she packed her stuff and said goodbye to Lyn. She was too tired and sad to go on with the lessons. Mina walked to their dorms and threw her bag on the ground and threw her tired body onto the bed. She then decided to open her phone to check for any messages. As soon as she opened her phone she got tons of messages of missed calls and other things. She saw that Jackson called her around 10 times. Mark had called her as well and even sent a text message. With a beating heart she opened it.

From: Yi-Eun

I hope your fine. I'm sorry for letting you go like this, I should have hold you back . I'm just worried. Please answer me as soon as you read this and don't forget; we're still good friends and runaway partners. You can call me out whenever you feel like. 

She smiled and pressed call. The phone rang for a long while but Mark didn't answer it. He was probably busy with schedules right now. Mina decided to put the phone away and rest for a little while.

When Mina woke up it was already past midnight. She looked around confused and saw Lyn sleeping in her bed. Mina looked at her phone but there were no text messages nor calls from anyone. She sat up and sighed as she looked at her phone. The room was suddenly suffocating her and she decided to open the window to take some fresh air but the air was cold, so she closed it back. After thinking about it for a while Mina decided to text Mark.

To: Yi-Eun

Hey~ are you sleeping? I was wondering if we could run away tonight. If not then that's ok too. 

She pressed send and waited. But there was no answer. Maybe he was sleeping already or they were practicing late into the night again. Mina grabbed her jacket and walked out. As always she climbed out of the window and over the fence and started to walk into a direction without thinking much about it. While walking she started to think of a lot of things like the MT, Mark, Minjoon and other stuff. As she reached a park she sat down and looked at the ground. While she was blankly looking at the ground someone sat down next to her. Her eyes widened as she looked up.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I saw your message..." Mark wasn't looking at her.

"I thought you were sleeping or something... How did you find me anyways?" Mina felt herself smiling again after a week. 

Mark didn't answer her. 

"So, what's up?" He asked her.

Mina took a deep breath. 

"I'm the same. What about you guys? How are your shows going?" She asked.

"Everything's great. Do you watch the show?" He looked at her as he put his hands into his jacket's pockets.

"It's the only way I can see you guys now..." Mina said quietly.

"I'm sorry." Mark sighed.

Mina shook her head and without knowing why her eyes got watery. They were sitting quietly. Mina wanted to talk to him so badly but she was afraid that he might walk away as soon as she said something. 

"It's cold." Mark broke the silence.

Mina nodded without saying anything. She pulled her knees up and wrapped her arms around her legs. The tears quietly started to flow down. Deep inside she prayed that Mark wouldn't notice, that he wouldn't talk to her so she didn't have to answer him,  so he wouldn't notice her shaky voice. But of course nothing happened the way Mina wanted to. Mark, who was clearly feeling uncomfortable with the situation, came a little closer to Mina.

"You okay?" He asked softly, his hand moving up and down because he couldn't decide whether to pat her back or not.

Mina nodded without talking, still hiding her face.

"Hey, look at me." Mark whispered again but Mina ignored him.

"Did something happen in school? Did someone do something to you? Is it Minjoon?" Mark asked her tons of questions. 

As Mark mentioned Minjoon's name, Mina's head shot up.

"You're crying!" Mark suddenly said surprised. He wasn't expecting this. 

Mina looked away and wiped her tears away as she got up. She walked away and heard footsteps following her.

"Hey, wait! Tell me what happened?" He followed her but didn't hold her back.

'YOU HAPPENED!' Mina wanted to shout but she didn't. She tried to walk away as fast as she could and soon she didn't hear steps behind her. Mina stopped walking but didn't turn around to look back. Tears continued to flow down from her cheeks and she had to cover to suppress the weird noises that tried to escape . After a while she calmed down and turned back but Mark was gone.

"Great, Mina. Why did you do this?" She quietly whispered to herself.

'Because you love him and miss him, idiot!' A voice in her head answered her.

"I don't! I was just mad at him for thinking that anything was my problem except him when he's my real problem, and that's not because I love him, no, I just feel betrayed that he hadn't called for such a long time,  that he didn't even try to contact me." She answered the voice.

'And why was this bothering you so much?... Because you love him.' The voice said again.

"Just shut up! Oh my god, I'm losing my mind!" She cupped her cheeks and walked back to the school with quick steps. 

A/N: heeeeeey~~~~ ugh such a late update ;; i'm so so so sorry, i'm just really busy with college nowadays... anyways i hope you liked this short chapter and hope you'll leave me some comments... i missed you guys;;