Heartbreaks

Runaway

It's been months now that Mina and Mark broke up. The rumours cooled down and she was invisible in school again. It was like everyone around her moved on except for her. She was standing at the same spot, waiting every day for a message from Mark to call her out in the middle of the night but it never happened again. Lyn got worried for her best friend but whatever she did, it would not help Mina to get any better. One day after GOT7 was back from the states Mina spotted Mark sitting in the canteen with another girl. Lyn's eyes followed Mina's sight and it landed on GOT7. 

"Who's the girl?" Mina asked. 

"I don't know... I heard that they're going to film a mini web drama or something here in school and she's the main lead." Lyn shrugged.

"And why are they having lunch together?" Mina asked again, her eyes not leaving Mark even for a second. 

"Why not, Mina? Hey... Look at me." Lyn said and turned Mina's head softly towards herself, so she could look into her eyes.

"Mina, I'm your best friend... And I cannot stand to see you like this for so many months. Can't you just... Forget him?" Lyn sighed and Mina looked down.

"Did you forget Jinyoung?" Mina asked.

Lyn put her chopsticks down and looked at her plate.

"I did." Lyn whispered softly.

Mina took a deep breath and held her best friend's hand.

"I'm sorry,  I shouldn't have asked you..." Mina apologised. 

Lyn looked up at her and shook her head. 

"No, it's fine." She smile at Mina and then grabbed her chopsticks again and continued eating.

Mina watched her friend. She was right. After all these months, it was time for her to move on. She looked around and she spotted Minjoon sitting alone at a table while reading a book and eating. Mina felt bad for him. He always tried to treat her right and all she did was act like a towards him. She took her phone out and decided to text him, so he would join them. It must be lonely to eat alone. 

To: Traitor Minjoon

Don't eat all alone... Come join us.

Mina looked up at Minjoon and saw him taking his phone out with a sigh. He opened the message and a small smile appeared on his lips. He then looked towards her and Mina forced a smile. Minjoon smiled back, closed his book and put it in his bag, grabbed his tray and made his way towards them.

"May I..?" Minjoon asked.

Lyn looked up at him surprised and then at Mina. Mina just nodded and he sat down. 

"So why did you call me over?" Minjoon watched her with suspicious eyes and a mischievous smile on his lips. 

"Well if you don't like it... You may as well leave." Mina shrugged and Minjoon chuckled.

They continued eating in silence when they heard girls screaming. Mina looked towards the way the voices were coming from and she saw GOT7 getting up from their seats. Mina searched for Mark in the crowd and her eyes met the oh so known chocolate brown eyes. Mark and Mina looked at each other for a little while before Mark turned around and left the canteen with his friends. Minjoon quietly watched her and let a sigh escape from his lips. After GOT7 was gone Mina looked back at her plate. Her appetite was completely gone. 

"Wanna go?" Minjoon asked her and Mina shook his head.

"No thanks." She answered shortly and looked at Lyn.

"Do you have time now?" Mina asked her but Lyn shook her head.

"I got this project due to Thursday.... I'm sorry." Lyn sighed as she got up.

"I'm going to the library... If you need me, I'll be there." Lyn took her tray and walked away, leaving Mina and Minjoon alone.

Mina watched her friend leaving the canteen and then her eyes shifted to Minjoon. He was watching her and even when their eyes met, he didn't look away. 

"I'll get going too..." Mina got up from her seat.

"Wait, where are you going?" He asked her as he also got up.

"I don't know." Mina shrugged as she turned around.

Minjoon rushed up to her and they walked together. Mina didn't want to be with him right now. She had a few classes that she had to attend but she decided to skip them and go to the rooftop to watch the clouds. Since she and Mark broke up, Mina would frequently go to the rooftop and watch the clouds. They were for some reason calming her down. 

"See you." Mina said to Minjoon as they walked out of the canteen.

"I'm coming with you." Minjoon said and Mina looked at him.

"I need some time alone now..." Mina sighed, slightly getting annoyed by him.

"No, you had your time alone." Minjoon shrugged.

"Min-" Mina wanted to protest but Minjoon cut her words.

"Fine, let me call Mrs. Gu and tell her that this all is a lie and that I'm cancelling the wedding." He said as he took his phone out.

"Are you threatening me?" Mina's jaw dropped.

"Depends on how you see it..." Minjoon shrugged, his eyes still not leaving the display. 

"I hate you." She turned around and walked away.

A huge grin appeared on Minjoon's lips and he followed her.

"Where are we going?" He asked her but she didn't reply.

She walked upstairs and soon reached a door and opened it. Mina took a step out and Minjoon followed her closely.

"The rooftop?" He asked her as he looked around.

Mina ignored him and walked to the edge of the rooftop and leaned onto the wall and watched the other students. She spotted the camera team by the football field and sighed. Minjoon soon leaned to the wall next to her and looked around.

"It's pretty." He said with a little smile.

"From above, we all look the same and yet... here we are judging and hating each other... Isn't that ridiculous?" She asked not looking at him.

Minjoon turned around and looked at her.

"Why do you think that?" He asked and she smiled slightly.

"Look at the group of girls there... Can you recognise one of them? I bet you saw one of them at least, right? But from here... You can't recognise them... They all look the same, long black hair, fair white skin, short skirts, white shirt and white shoes. But I'm 100% sure at least one of them is hating on another girl from the group." Mina explained and Minjoon watched the girls.

"You're right..." He said after getting her point.

"Why are we like that?" Mina asked him and looked at him for the first time since they were here. 

"I... I don't know." Minjoon looked into her eyes and felt his heart skip a beat.

Mina sighed and looked away from him. 

"Because humans are bad." Mina sighed again.

"Not everyone is bad." Minjoon said and Mina chuckled slightly.

"Only a naive person would say that. Everyone is bad - including me." She looked at him with a crooked smile.

"You're not bad, Mina." Minjoon shook his head and looked away from her.

"You don't know." She looked away too.

"I might not know everything about you, but I know a few things and that's more than enough for me." Minjoon smiled.

Mina stayed quiet and continued to watch the people. Minjoon was watching her. Her nose and her lips were perfect and he wondered how a human being could be so beautiful in every way. He saw a tear flowing down her cheek and he wiped it away with his thumb. Mina turned around and looked at him. Minjoon didn't know what to say. She was looking at him with teary eyes. 

"Mina-" He started but just then she fell into his arms and started to cry.

"It's okay, let it all out." He her hair as he pulled her closer to his chest. 

Mina slowly raised her arms and placed them around his waist, holding tightly onto his shirt. 

--------------------------------------------------------

"Mark on standby!" Mark heard someone saying and he walked to the football field with a sigh. 

JB was acting and he watched him. The director told him to correct some of his moves and Mark got bored waiting. He put his hands into his pockets and looked around. His eyes landed on two students on the rooftop, a boy and a girl. They looked like talking and then the girl suddenly hugged him. They were standing there for a while and Mark scoffed.

"Are they trying to make me jealous?" He sighed.

Just as he looked away the director called out for him.

"Mark oppa fighting!" Mark heard a fan yelling and Mark tried to put a smile on his face.

He was really exhausted these days, mentally and physically. They were training hard for their comeback and had this webdrama going on. He also missed Mina. Whenever he closed his eyes he would see her face as he left her crying at the back of the dorm. He wouldn't forgive himself for hurting her but it was the best for everyone - even for him, or that's what he thought. It wasn't like he had another chance though. JYP was actually a really cool guy but he was dead serious about scandals and datings, so there was nothing Mark could do except for listening to his words. Mark didn't even realise that the director was calling his name for the nth time. Yugyeom slowly touched his arm and it brought Mark back to earth. 

"The director, hyung." Yugyeom said as he showed towards the director with his head.

"Y-Yes?" Mark rushed up to him.

"Go to your place, we have to finish this part before the sun sets." The director said and Mark did as he was told.

After what seemed like ages for Mark the filming ended. They bowed to all the staff members and slowly made their ways to their dorm. On their way they signed some papers of some fans and smiled. Mark was just signing a picture of GOT7 when his eyes landed on a girl standing by the boys' dorm. He quickly signed the picture and walked towards the dorm to take a closer look. Mark immediately recognised Mina. What was she doing here? Was she waiting for him? Mark bit his lower lip and was about to walk up to her to ask her what she was doing when the door to the dorm opened and Minjoon walked out. He smiled at her and Mina smiled back slightly. Minjoon put his arm around her and just then his eyes landed on Mark. He pulled Mina a little closer to himself as they walked away. Mark looked at Mina and she was just looking down. He couldn't believe his eyes. Was she already over him? Okay, it has been a while since they broke up but really? 

'I thought you loved me, Mina.' Mark thought as he was watching them walking out of the school gates.

"Oppa..." A girl suddenly appeared in front of him.

Mark looked away from Minjoon and Mina and looked at the girl.

"I... I made these... Hope you like them." She smiled.

Mark smiled back at her. He loved his fans - more than anyone would know but right now he just needed some time alone. He accepted the cookies gratefully and said thanks quickly before walking into the dorm. Mark was the first one to arrive at their dorm. He placed the cookies on the table and walked into his room and threw his body on his bed. He was tired - dead tired and he felt like his heart was burning. As he was slowly his chest Jackson walked into the room.

"You okay, bro?" He asked him slowly.

Mark nodded and sat up.

"Just tired."

Jackson nodded and sat down on his bed. Truthfully he saw Mina and Minjoon and he saw Mark watching them. He knew that it broke Mark's heart seeing her in someone else's arms, just like it was breaking his heart too. But Jackson's feelings had changed for her. He didn't love her anymore, he just liked her as a good friend.

"You can just write a text too, you know." Jackson said to Mark.

"To whom?" Mark looked at him.

"You know.." Jackson closed his eyes.

Mark stayed quiet. Then he got up and grabbed a towel.

"I'll take a shower...." He said and walked out.

​A/N: sorryyyy late update >< hope you'll like this chapter still! Please ignore any of my mistakesㅠㅠ it's 2am here and I'm updating from my phone ㅠㅠ leave me your thoughts as comments ♡♡♡  love you all!♡♡♡