Burned Marshmallows

Prince Alarming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 11: Burned Marshmallows ♕

 

 “Lee Jinee and Kim Myungsoo, You’ll be the disciplinary leaders for this semester’s field trip.”

What? Me?!

“You two are in charge of taking care of the class and make sure they don’t do unnecessary actions.”

Myungsoo and I exchanged gazes at each other. I’m sure we have the same thing in mind right now. .

I rested my chin on my palms while I watched  Professor Jang explained about the field trip.

“The field trip would be tomorrow, it’s the very first night camp of the school and everyone’s participation is required. This is a part of your final exams, this is needed for you to get outside your comfort zone and embrace diversity….” Blah blah blah. I get it, okay camping. 

Some of my classmates were complaining, some aren’t. I was sure that none of them experienced camping since all of them are rich people.

Camping was something special that I look forward every summer, me, mom and dad, broiling marshmallows and building tents together.

But that was way back then.

I flinched on my seat when I heard the bell rang.

Professor Jang called me and myungsoo. He gave us our tasks and made us carry some boxes containing things for tomorrow.

I walked in the corridor with a box on my arms when I sensed a figure beside me emerged out of nowhere. I ignored him and maintained my straight face.

“Did you miss me?” he spoke.

I ignored him again.

“The deal is off so I can talk to you already.”

I rolled my eyes, I wish the deal was forever.

“My partner doesn’t even talk me.” He teased.

“Go away jerk.” I said in a cold voice.

“Grumpy.” He scoffed.

 

 

The next day, Myungsoo and I arrived at school very early that the sun hasn’t shone yet. We organized and put up all the things Professor Jang asked.

“Phew.” I wiped the sweat forming on my forehead after doing so much work.

I haven’t seen myungsoo for an hour already, I searched for him and I saw him sitting on the waiting chair with girls around him. How dare he flirt while I’m working alone.

“Yah! Kim Myungsoo! What do you think you’re doing?!” I exclaimed. I placed my hands on my waist.

“I’m just resting, I’m tired already.”

I shook my head in disbelief, “Tired? I’m the only one whos working here!”

“Shut up! Myungsoo-oppa carried all those boxes so don’t say he didn’t do anything!” The girl pointed at the pyramid of boxes beside the buses.

I knew I was mistaken so I turn my back and walked away.

“.” I heard the girl whispered.

I closed my eyes to restrain my anger and let out a deep sigh.

 

“Students! Go to your assigned buses now.” The school principal announced on the microphone.

Hayoung and I shared the same seat on the bus and the travel was long and boring. When we arrived at the place it was already afternoon. I got off the bus last.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter