The Question

Carousel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Sorry it took a while, had to write the last chapter too. But, here you go. Enjoy!

“Wait, that’s it?” Sukjin asked in disbelief. They were all lounging on the sofa as it was their break time.

“Eo…” Jihyo said, looking blank. She herself was in disbelief that Sukjin was in disbelief. She then turned to look at Gary who was blushing. She chuckled at his expression and leaned her head on his as she sat on his lap. He tightened his grip on her waist.

“You spent your days dating being all romantic and more, then that was how you did it?” Jaesuk added, finding it impossible for Gary to do just that. Gary scratched his head, not knowing what to say. He looked at Jihyo to hide himself from them. She patted his cheek lightly and directed her attention back the rest, standing up to reach for her food. She turned back to look at Gary,

“Oppa, sogogi?” She asked. He nodded and stood up, hovering behind her. She took a pair of chopsticks and tried it. She took another scoop and fed Gary. They moved on to take a bottle of drink, and while they were moving about, the others stared at them.

“Do you think they were pulling a prank on us?” Sukjin asked the others, curious for not being able to tell. The two had just told the rest of the members about the night before as they saw the ring that circled Jihyo’s finger.

The night before was clear, and it was late at night, but Jihyo had yet to come home. Gary got back earlier, he went inside their house to find that it was empty. He then decided to shower first because he had been out for a while, trying to finish work as fast as possible. He went into their room, took his towel and showered.

Meanwhile, Jihyo was getting ready to head back. She took her phone and checked his text, asking her when she’d come home. She texted him back, telling him that she was going to go back soon, but he didn’t see it as he was in the shower. She took her car keys and went into the car, driving back home after a long day of work. The drive home seemed long for her. She was tired from the day’s work and she still had to drive back home alone. Her manager had been asked to do another errand, and she had told Gary to just go home as he had a long day too.

Gary finished showering. He wiped himself dry and took out his pants and tee. He took his phone once he was done and saw that she had replied to him.

“Ah, she’s on her way.” He mumbled, feeling clumsy talking to himself. He went out and thought that he should cook for the two of them. A late dinner. He saw what they had in the fridge. He took out several ingredients and started cooking. The smell of the stir-fried onion filled the house. Jihyo parked her car, opened the door, and immediately smelled it. She smiled, knowing that he was up to something. She then walked into the kitchen, the smell of what he was cooking hit her nose. She smiled looking at him by the kitchen, checking if he could dip the meat already.

“Are you cooking?” She said, peeking. He turned to look at her, her face tired, yet she managed to smile. He nodded.

“Are you hungry?” He asked her in return, dumping the meat into the pan. She nodded. “I’ll spare some for you then.” He said, pulling his cool off. He smirked and she laughed, rolling her eyes.

“Fine then. Enjoy that by yourself. I’ll just call the delivery guy. Maybe he wants to have dinner with me.” She joked, looking away from him. He laughed at her joke. She approached him to see what he was cooking, and when she was peeking, he looked at her. She turned to look at him.

“What?” He said, smiling. “Go call that delivery guy.” It was clear that he was joking, but that hint of jealousy was also present. She laughed at him and at herself, and she finally hugged him after a long day. He scrunched his nose when she pulled away. “You’re smelly. Go shower.” He told her. She frowned, smelling herself. It had been a long day, she had been under the sun for quite a while. But before leaving, she decided to have a little more time with him. She turned his face so that he was facing her. Then she leaned in for a kiss, and he deepened the kiss. The taste of their tongues was familiar to each other. The twists their tongues made complimented each other. After a long day at work, being there with no interruption was nice for them. They get to be each other’s company even in silence. They were able to feel the warmth that started to spread all over their body, a sense of longing after working hard. A sense of contentness only they can provide for each other. He felt the edge of her lips twisted, she was smirking. She then pulled away, breaking their passionate moment.

“I’ll go then.” She said, as if nothing happened. He looked at her, not wanting to let her go just like that. She chuckled, knowing exactly what he was thinking of. She leaned in once again for another kiss. A short, but passionate kiss. She pulled away, patted his back, and started walking. After a couple of steps, she looked back at him and laughed. “What? You’re the one who told me I should shower.” She used his words against him. “Watch what you’re cooking, oppa. It’ll be burnt if you don’t.” She said, chuckling. He turned to check immediately, and looked back at her.

“You’re going to be the death of me, Mongji!” He said to her, sighing. She chuckled at his statement, pleased. She then left to shower. Taking out her shirt and pants. He continued on cooking, chuckling at the thought of what just happened. Her cheekiness won him over. He then turned off the stove, plating their dinner. He set the table, and put the food and rice on the table as well. She should be done with her shower by then. He checked his phone before checking on her.

She was done with her shower, but she had forgotten her towel. Thinking that he was still cooking, she didn’t want to bother him. She stepped out of the shower and went into their room, grabbing her towel. She went back to the bathroom to dry herself and wear her shirt. He came into their room to check on her. He could see her footprints on their floor. He was confused and the bathroom door was left open, he went inside.

“Oh, are you done cooking oppa?” She asked as she dried her hair. He nodded.

“Why is our bedroom floor wet?” He asked her in return. To this, she could only smile guiltily. He laughed at her and how forgetful she was. He stepped into their bathroom, grabbed her bare body by the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter