Secrets

Why Me?

I read my part of the letter first.

Jong-in oppa,

My life is horrbile. I feel like I am worthless in this world. Well, at least, that's what others tell me. They tell me that nobody loves me, and that's why my parents left. They say that you left me because I am trash that nobody wants to take care of. Oppa... it's not really like that, right?

There are so many things I want to talk to you about. There's a reason why I can't pick up your phone calls, but I can't say right now. Still, why does my heart feel like breaking whenever I heard your voice messages?

~Yejin

My eyes went down to more writing. Not my writing, though. The same handwriting as all of those letters that has been sent to me.

Yejin,

These past four years, I feel like I already know so much about you. We've never met, but I have to pretend that I am your brother. Do you know how much that hurts me? Even though I am writing this now, I know that it will never be sent to you. I know, I'm pathetic. 

I feel as if we live the same lives. I may be a celebrity, but that does not mean that I am happy. I am just like you: trash that nobody wants to take care of. Except that for me, it's real, and for you, it's just what people are saying. Kai cries a lot these days thinking about you. I wish you would call him but I don't at the same time. I know I'm being selfish, but if you call Kai, I would stop getting letters from you. If that happens, my whole world will break apart because you are the only person that I feel connected with. Am I... falling for you?

I felt my eyes tearing up. This person felt the exact same way that I did. I kept looking down until I found the name at the bottom of the page.

"Chanyeol..." I read out loud. Apparently, I said that loud enough for Chanyeol to hear.

"Hmmm?" He said, getting up from the bed. Chanyeol looked at my teary eyes and then saw what was in my hands. Immediately, he got up, and ran to me.

"Yejin, it's not what you think. Look, your brother has been writing to you all this time it's just.... uhhh... my handwriting is neater so he asked me to write for him."

A tear slipped down my face as I put the letter down on the table.

"I already know that Kai doesn't write these, stupid." I said softly, hitting Chanyeol in the chest. I can't believe he was feeling all of this. Worst, is that he still had to pretend he was Kai. Chanyeol just had a confused look the whole time.

"Thank you..." I whispered before hugging him. I buried my face into his chest and smelled in his scent. Chanyeol hesitated a little, but then he wrapped his arms around my back. Tears soaked through Chanyeol's shirt as he my hair.

"KAHHH!" I heard D.O yell in the kitchen. Oh no. 

"I'd better go," I said to Chanyeol, breaking the hug and giving him a weak smile. He looked at me and nodded. Gosh, he's so tall but his face is so cute...

Chanyeol's P.O.V

I opened my eyes when I heard a voice call my name. It sounded like Yejin. And it was, because I saw her holding her letter in her hand. I ran up to her and tried to explain.

"Yejin, it's not what you think. Look, your brother has been writing to you all this time it's just.... uhhh... my handwriting is neater so he asked me to write for him."

A tear slipped down Yejin's face as she put the letter down on the table.

"I already know that Kai doesn't write these, stupid." She said, hitting me softly in the chest. What? How? I'm so confused...

"Thank you..." I heard her whisper as she brought me in for a hug. My heart started beating faster and the pain was starting. I don't know why, but I slowly put my hands around Yejin's back and her hair when I heard her cry. Even though I was hurting so much, I really didn't want to let go.

"KAHHH!" D.O yelled from the kitchen.

"I'd better go," Yejin said, breaking the hug and giving me a weak smile. I just nodded like a stupid person. 

When Yejin left, I tried to breathe, but when I tried I felt my heart pound harder. I attempted to open the drawer with my medicine in it, but the pain surged through my veins and I fell on to the floor.

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun half whispered- half yelled. He helped me up and grabbed the pills that were in the drawer. I took some, and then I started to breathe normally.

"Thanks dude." I said to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun and Suho were the only two people that knew about my illness. Baekhyun found out about it since he's my room mate, and Suho just knew because he's really attentive, like a mom.

Exo is probably going to have to break up soon. First, it was me and my heart problem, and now, it's Kai and his vision. Only I know about Kai's vision, because he told me about it by accident when we drank together. When I have to... leave, and Kai loses his vision completely... what will happen to exo? More importantly, what will happen to Yejin...?