Warm Words

Why Me?

Chanyeol's P.O.V

"You don't have much time left..." the doctor told me. 

"I know," I replied, sighing. The doctor looked like he was going to cry.

"You are so young," he said. I looked down at the floor, not really wanting to hear about how I'm going to die young. After talking a bit more, I said goodbye to the doctor and left the hospital.

It's already been a week since Yejin left our dorm. Everyone's so quiet now, except for Baekhyun (when does he ever not talk?). Every time I think about what happened last Friday, I feel like killing myself. I know I hurt her, but... what can I do? I have to stay away from her as much as possible, or she'll only miss me more when I'm gone.

 

*flashback*

"Chanyeol?" I heard Yejin's voice say from behind me. We were both outside of the dorm getting fresh air. I spun around.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"Uhh... how do I say this... I-- I really like you.." Yejin stuttered. I clenched my teeth so that I wouldn't say any unnecessary things. "What do you think?" Yejin's face got red.

"I think you should stop liking me." I said, probably sounding really scary to her. I expected Yejin to run away and cry, but she just stood there, expressionless.

"Why? I read the letters... everything. You said you lo--" I interrupted her sentence, not wanting her to go any further.

"I thought I did but when I saw you in real life and got to know you, I don't really like you anymore."

"That makes no sense!" Yejin yelled, her eyes now tearing up.

"Find someone better than me, Yejin." I said sincerely before walking back to the apartment door.

"Yah! Chanyeol!" She screamed while crying. My hands balled into fists as I heard her shaky voice. I wanted to run to her. I wanted to hold her. Instead, I was walking away.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered, as a wet tear rolled down my cheek. My arm went up to wipe away my tears with my sleeve.

*end of flashback*

Yejin's P.O.V

It's been a week since I confessed to him. I really thought I would be fine after that day, but I guess Chanyeol was a lot more important to me than I thought he was. It still hurt me every time I remembered that moment where he turned his back on me.

"Yejin~!" Jieun sang as she held something up. A tub of strawberry ice cream. It rememinded me of Chanyeol. I chuckled.

"I'm going to tell your brother that you're sneaking food in to the dorm!" 

"Nooooo~ I'm SOO scared of my brother." Jieun said sarcastically. "By the way, he got accepted into FNC Entertainment." she added.

"What? No way!" I said, shocked. I mean, he at singing!

"It's not what you think, he didn't get in for singing. He's pretty good at drums and FNC is creating a boy group band, like with guitars, drums, and other stuff."

I facepalmed. "You don't need to explain what a band is, I already know that."

"Let's keep practicing!" Lucy yelled as she walked in to the practice room after going to the bathroom. "What is that?" she asked, looking at the ice cream.

"Noooo~ please don't take it!" Jieun whined, hugging the ice cream. Lucy laughed.

"As long as you give me some." then, Jieun nodded and handed her a spoon as she sat next to us.

"Us too!" Xing Xing (the twins) yelled at the same time. The twins sat next to us too, and we formed a circle on the floor.

"Planning to leave me out?" Mei asked in her not-so-fluent Korean. I patted the spot next to me, telling her to sit.

"Soo..." Heejin said, smiling at me.

"I heard you lived in exo's dorm? How was it?" Hyejin said, finished Heejin's sentence. I tried to tell them to keep their mouths shut, but they didn't get the hint. Oh no...

"WHAT? YOU LIVED IN EXO'S DORM? HOWW? HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?" Jieun screamed. Minhyuk was right, she is a crazy fan.

"haha..." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"She's Kai's sister..." Lucy said, kind of freaked out by Jieun. Mei just nodded, eating her ice cream. Apparently, everyone knew that Kai was my brother except for Jieun.

"Ohhh.... so... did you sleep with any of them?" Jieun asked with an evil smirk. My face started to get hot.

"What are you talking about? That's so inappropriate!" I yelled.

"Woah, look at her face! So she did sleep with someone!" Mei exclaimed. Everyone's eyes were wide, waiting for my answer.

"I did, but it was by accident. I just woke up and was in his bed. Apparently, he was sleeping on the couch but came into the bed at midnight, when he didn't see me already there."

"WHO WAS IT?" everyone yelled.

"I'm not telling you!" I laughed, sticking out my tongue. Everyone was disappointed and kept eating their ice cream. Just then, someone tapped on the window of our practice room.

"What are you girls doin?" Chi hoon yelled, trying to talk to us through the close door. We pretended not to hear him and kept eating. But, silently, we were all laughing inside.

"YAH! Listen to me when I'm talking!" he yelled again.

Just like that, I got close with the other trainees. If I stay like this, won't it be easy to forget Chanyeol? I hope it will be... but I also don't want to forget him. His smiling face, warm words, comforting hugs... when will I be able to see him again?

 

A/N: Uhhh... yeah. Chi hoon is such a dork in here but then you see his photos and you're like O__O