Letters

Why Me?

It was Wednesday night, and I really didn't want to leave exo. I feel like I'm a new person with them, I started to learn how to express my feelings better to the people around me. They were already like a family to me. Four more days with them. I thought.  And when I leave, I'll search for the one that's been writing letters to me. For some reason, Suho oppa wouldn't tell me.

I looked over to my left, even though I didn't see anything in the dark.

"Oppa... are you sleeping?" I asked.

"Yes." Kai replied. I laughed a little.

"Can I ask a question?"

"You already did."

"No, a real question."

Kai sighed. "What is it?"

"Why was your dream to be a dancer? Is it for fame? Money?"

I heard Kai shifting in his bed; he was probably turning to look at me.

"Yejinah, it's much more than fame or money."

"Then... what is it?"

"I want to be known throughout the world, not just Korea. Four years ago, even though it was immature, I thought that maybe... maybe if I were known throughout the world, I would also be heard about in heaven."

I smiled. I knew that there was something behind the dream of his; my brother is not the type that wants money or fame.

"Mom and Dad would be so proud..." I said softly. After a short time of silence Kai said,

"Yejin, can you sing for me?"

I thought about it a little. "The song that I always sang to mom?"

I could hear Kai giving me a nod. I coughed to warm up my voice. Then I started to sing in my fluent English.

Hey Jude, don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better

Hey Jude, don't be afraid
You were made to go out and get her
The minute you let her under your skin
Then you begin to make it better

I stopped singing when I started to hear Kai softly snore. Time for me to sleep, too. Closing my heavy lids, I felt myself falling into a deep sleep.

***

*Knock knock*

I opened up my eyes to see the sunlight shining through the window. Looking over to my left, Kai was still sleeping with his bed sheets all messed up and his pillow gone somewhere. Seeing his messy sleeping habits made me chuckle a little.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's Minhyuk."

"Okay, wait a sec."

I put on my slippers as I got off of the bed to open the door.

"TADAH~!" Minhyuk yelled as he held a paper in front of my face. Oh my god, he scared me so bad. I squinted as I read what was on the paper-- actually, it was a card.

"Trainee party?" I read out loud. Minhyuk nodded.

"Not just trainees, but everyone in SM will be there too."

"When is it?"

"Tonight."

My eyes widened.

"TONIGHT? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME SOONER?" I yelled. Minhyuk dropped the card and threw his hands on his ears.

"Dang, calm down."

"How can I calm down? I don't have a dress. Not to mention, I lost all of my bags because Suho oppa forgot to bring them here. Am I supposed to go to the party wearing Jongin oppa's sweatpants and T-shirt? HUH?"

Minhyuk started laughing. Not just laughing, he was laughing HARD. He liked seeing me frustrated and angry.

"Don't worry we can just shop today." he said, still laughing. My anger subsided a little.

"You don't have to follow exo around today?" I asked. He shook his head.

"They don't have anything today, either. CEO also ordered me to make exo shop for their clothes, too." I nodded, finally understanding. I then walked over to my bed and jumped into it.

"What are you doing?" Minhyuk asked through the open door.

"I'm gonna sleep more." I mumbled.

"We have to go! Now!" he yelled, whining a little. I shook my head.

"Come on... pleeeaaaseee? You havvee to help me wake the others up, too. I can't do it by myself~!" Minhyuk kept whining. I finally gave up and stood from my bed. Minhyuk had a little celebration with his hands as he left to Suho and Sehun's room. I walked over to Kai's bed and kicked it.

"Oppa, wake up."

"Mmmnnn" he mumbled, pulling me into the bed with him.

"Aishhh, let go!" I yelled. Kai looked at my face seriously.

"Did you just... yell at me?" I gulped. That's when Kai let go of me but then started to attack me with tickling.

"S---Stoppp! AHAHAHA NO STOP SERIOUSL-- AHAHA" 

After what felt like forever, Kai let go of me and got up.

"Im washing up first."

I sighed, but secretly, I was happy. I thought I would never be tickled by Kai again. Suddenly, I heard clashing and banging from the bathroom.

"Oppa!" I yelled, running to the bathroom. I saw Kai on the floor, rubbing his eyes and shaking his head. All of the hair products, toothbrushes, etc. were scattered on the floor.

"Heh... sorry... I just got dizzy a little."

I didn't buy it. Ever since I got here, Kai's been acting weird. But, I decided not to ask him about it. Instead, I helped Kai pick everything up off of the floor.

***

"Yejin, waking up Suho and Sehun is taking longer than I thought! Can you wake Baekhyun and Chanyeol?" Minhyuk yelled.

"Okay!" I yelled back. I looked at D.O who was cooking breakfast beside me and he gave me a nod, telling me that I should go.

I knocked on the door of Baekhyun and Chanyeol's room. Hearing no answer, I turned the knob and opened the door. When I walked in, I had to hold in a laugh because I saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun on the same bed, hugging each other. Gently, I shook Baekhyun.

"Wake up," I whispered in to his ear, which made his eyes fly open in surprise.

"Okay, you creepy girl. Get me my glasses, please." he said, before falling asleep again.

I walked around the room looking for Baekyun's glasses. When I opened a drawer, though, I saw a box that said in big letters, DO NOT TOUCH THIS, SUHO OR KAI. I laughed a little when I saw it. Well, I'm not Suho or Kai, so it means I can touch it, right?

My mouth dropped when I saw what was in the box. Stacks of letters. Not just any letters, but letters from me. With trembling hands, I took one of them and opened it.

It was not only my writing on it. There was somebody else replying to it. But, I never read any of these, they were all new to me. Slowly, I started to read what was on the letter.