Goodbye

Why Me?

Chanyeol's P.O.V

I don't know when it's going to happen, but I know it's soon. I tried to stay away from Yejin as much as possible, but I couldn't do it. It's Sunday and I already texted her that I want to see her. I know, *facepalm*. But, I TRIED OKAY? This is probably going to be the last day I see her anyway. I can already feel it; the pain has become worse nowadays. Don't worry, though, I already took my medication. Who am I talking to? I don't know. Suddenly, my phone vibrated. It must be Yejin!

"Okay, where do you want to meet?" the message read.

"Uhm, the ice cream stand that we went to last time."

"Got it."

I sat at the bench near the stand, waiting for Yejin to come. Before I knew it, she was standing in front of me in the turquoise dress that I bought her last time.

"You look nice," I said, smiling.

"Thanks..." Yejin said with her head down. Why did I tell her to see me if it was going to be this awkward? I don't know, I just wanted to see her face once more.

"It's actually pretty cold today, let's not have ice cream." 

Yejin nodded. I took off my blazer and put it around her shivering shoulders.

"Why did you tell me to come?" she asked me.

"I don't know... I just wanted to see your face." I replied.

"Are you playing with me?" Yejin's face became more serious.

"No, I'm not."

"You don't even like me. You told me to forget you. Then why do you want to see me?" She raised her voice. "Do you like bothering me? I'm over here struggling to move on while you call me over to make me fall for you again." I'm struggling too, Yejin.

"Then why did you come?" I asked her with a straight face.

"I... just felt like I should." she replied, not as angry any more. I grabbed onto her arm.

"It's okay, don't think too much about it," I'm sure she knew it was wrong, but she went with me anyway. There's really no better way to explain the situation. Like, am I supposed to say, 'hey, I have a big chance of dying soon, so let's go on a date.'?

We walked into the movie theater and picked the movie she wanted to watch. When we sat down on the seats, the movie just started. The whole time, I stared at Yejin's face instead of at the movie. I can't believe I have to leave so soon...

Yejin unlocked her phone and whispered into it.

"Suho oppa?" she whispered. "What? Hospital?" her eyes widened. "Okay, I'll go."

"What's wrong?" I asked her in a whisper.

"Jong in oppa is in the hospital. I have to go." I clenched my fists.

"Don't go." I said in a low voice.

"What? I have to!" she half-whispered, half-yelled. "I'm not gonna stay on this foolish date and leave my own brother in the hospital alone!"

foolish date? Oh right, to her it's just a stupid date... I guess it's not as important to her as it is to me. I gave Yejin a weak smile.

"Okay, go then."

Yejin nodded and left the theater silently. I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand, making sure that the tears wouldn't fall. We didn't even get to the part of the movie where the boy dies... I thought. That's when I felt the pain spread all around my chest, suffocating me. Even after I took my medication...? I guess this is goodbye, Yejin. 

I fell on to my knees and off of my seat as the people around me started to stare and whisper. It felt like hammers hitting on to my chest, banging every time my heart beat. I couldn't explain it in words how much it hurt, but for some reason when I thought about how Yejin left me just now, I started feeling numb. When Yejin left me, it hurt a lot more than the pain I was feeling right now. My throat closed up, and I couldn't breathe any more.

"Someone call the ambulance!" I heard a man yell as the lack of oxygen led me to pass out.

 

Yejin's P.O.V.

I ran up to Suho who was sitting outside of Kai's door.

"What happened?" I asked. I was actually scared to know what happened, so I shouldn't have asked.

"Go in and see for yourself," Suho said with a sad look in his eyes. 

Slowly, I opened the door and walked in. Kai was sitting on the hospital bed, and turned his head to look this way. However, he wasn't looking at my face, he was looking at the wall near me. Kai smiled.

"Suho?" 

My heart tightened up when he said that. I didn't know that one word could make me so... so scared.

"Oppa..." I said, frightened.

"Yejin?" he asked, putting his hands out to feel where I was. Immediately, I took his hand into mine.

"Don't worry, I'm fine." he said, looking at the wall.

"If you're fine, why aren't you looking at my face!?" I almost screamed. I should have known he was losing his vision. God gave me so many hints, but I was a bad sister and overlooked them. My dry eyes were now wet with tears. "Are you... completely blind?" I whispered, scared of the word blind. Kai gave me a slight smile but didn't answer my question. I felt more tears stream down my face.

"Are you crying? Don't cry." Kai said, trying to find my face with his hands. When he finally found my face, he wiped away some of my tears with his thumb. His action just made me cry harder.

***

I stayed until Kai fell asleep. Walking out of the hospital room, I expected to see Suho still there, but he was not. Taking out my phone, I clicked on speed dial 1, but remembered that it wasn't Suho anymore. Chanyeol :) it read. No, I have to forget him. I thought, clicking on speed dial 2 this time. I waited a long time, and Suho still didn't pick up. What's keeping him so busy?

 

A/N: What's keeping Suho so busy? And please don't hate me for making Chanyeol and Kai like this... I think I really am going to end this story early, probably at chapter 16 or 17, maybe even 15.