The Truth Hurts More

Why Me?

Suho's P.O.V.

I sat there on the chair in front of Kai's room, drained of all my energy. I didn't know Kai was like this. First Chanyeol, and now Kai. What will we do...?

"Doctor, it's an emergency!" I heard a nurse scream. What unlucky person could that be? I thought with a pitiful look in my eyes. Curiosity took over my body, and I leaned my head a little to see who the person was. That's when my mouth dropped open.

"Chanyeol!" I yelled, running to him.

"What are you doing? Please don't act like this!" the nurse told me, trying to hold me back while the doctor was checking on Chanyeol. I was struggling, trying to push the nurse out of the way. Finally, I got out of the nurse's grip and stood near Chanyeol's body.

"He's still alive! His heart is just beating abnormally." The doctor informed the nurses. "He needs surgery as fast as possible."

The nurses at the front desk typed in some things onto the computer and shook their heads sadly.

"What is it? What's wrong? You can save him, right?" I asked the doctor, and after getting no response from him, I turned to look at the nurses.

"The only doctors who know how to perform this surgery is in America. He won't make it in time. The success rate is only ten percent, too."

I looked at them angrily. "So we just sit here and watch him die?! You have to try. I don't care how much it costs, just do it." 

Then all of a sudden Chanyeol woke up grunting in pain. He was going crazy, moving around in the bed, and I could tell by looking at him that he was trying hard to breathe. The head doctor told the nurses to get some medical equipment stuff that I don't know about, and put in some tubes into Chanyeol's throat. I guess it helps him to breathe better, because he calmed down a little. After a while, the doctor came back to me.

"You are right. We will try our best to save this patient. He may have a small chance to live, but that doesn't mean we should give up." I nodded at him. "The helicopter will come to the roof of this hospital and take Chanyeol in around an hour or so. Please stay here with him." The doctor added.

"Thanks, doctor."

"No problem." and with that, the doctor left.

"mmmm" Chanyeol mumbled, trying to talk but being blocked by all of the stuff in his mouth. I hurriedly took out my phone and handed it to him. He typed some things and showed it to me. 

It's time, hyung, for you to take care of Yejin when I'm gone. it read.

"No, you will survive. The doctors will try their best." I replied to him. Chanyeol shook his head and typed more things.

I know I only have a ten percent chance of living. Even right now it's hurting too much to bear.

I didn't say anything to that. How is Kai? He lost his vision completely?

I still didn't say anything and just nodded. What about... Yejin?

"She cried a lot. If you're gone, I won't know how to control her."

After a moment of silence, Chanyeol typed something again. Bring the doctor.

Although I was confused, I did as he asked and brought the doctor over.

"What seems to be the problem? Is it hurting too much? Do you need more painkillers?" 

Chanyeol shook his head and typed things into my phone. Does Kim Jong In have an eye donor?

"No, it will take a while for him to find one." the doctor replied.

"Oh no, Chanyeol what are thinking about!?" I asked him. I already knew what he wanted. After all, he only cares about Yejin's happiness and not of his own.

I wish... to be his donor...

The doctor shook his head. "Sorry, we cannot take donors who are alive. It's against the rules."

Chanyeol had tears forming in his eyes and he made a weird sound.

"Please try not to cry, it will make it harder to breathe for you."

Chanyeol typed some more on the phone. Please... it's my last wish... for Yejin, Kai, and all of my friends to be happy. And, I don't have a great chance of living so take my eyes here.. while I'm in Korea.

The doctor looked sad, and he didn't say anything.

"You don't need to do this, Chanyeol." I said. Chanyeol shook his head. 

"I want to." he said out loud, unclearly. After a few moments of silence, the doctor finally said something.

"Take this patient to the operating room!" he called out before walking out of the room. Nurses came in and moved the bed, taking it out of the door. As Chanyeol was being moved I saw him close his eyes and a single tear dropped down.

***

It's already been a week from that time. I don't even know, myself, if Chanyeol is alive or not. What do I say when Yejin asks me where he is? Do I tell her the truth? No, Chanyeol wouldn't want that.

"Oppas!" Yejin called out, opening the door to our practice room.

"Yo, Yejin!" Sehun said happily.

"Hey, Yejin." Kai said, walking up to her to give her a hug. Baekhyun just waved his hands, and D.O kept listening to his music with his earbuds in. We were all just taking a break from dance practice, waiting for our ordered food to arrive.

"Where is... Chanyeol?" Yejin asked, looking around the room. She still looks out for him...

"You didn't know? He left exo and went to America, saying that he wants to become a doctor or what not." Baekhyun explained. I knew that wasn't true, because I made up that lie.

"Chanyeol... left?"

Immediately, I could see Yejin's eyes sadden. She still loves him. She hasn't gotten over him. 

"Oh.. look at the time, I'm gonna go back to practice with the others." she said, walking out of the room. What do I do? Do I tell her? But.. I can't. The best way to tell her is to hurt her like she is hurting now, because the truth will only hurt her more.

 

A/N: Hey guys, here's another chapter for you all! And if you didn't know, the purple color is what Chanyeol is typing on the phone. :) Oh, and check out my new story, it's about exo and superpowers~ (insert creepy alien music here)