Warmth, Scent, Comfort

Why Me?

Finally, it was time for the concert. I didn't really love the thought of going to America, but I didn't hate it either. Just because I had bad experiences there doesn't mean I should ignore my fans, right?

I sat back in the airplane seat comfortably as I watched the television show Q-PID's performance. 

"Mommy! Look, it's Q-PID!" A little girl in another seat said. The mom looked at me and bowed her head.

"Oh! Hello," she said. 

"Hello," I said back to the mom. Then, I looked down at the little girl. "What's your name, princess?"

"Yoojin!" she replied, smiling. We kept talking until the mom turned her head around to look out the window. Swiftly, I took a lollipop out of my pocket and handed it to the girl.

"Shhh, it's a secret." I said, putting my finger to my lip and smiling. The girl nodded and stuffed the candy in her backpack.

***

I left the airport and told the other girls to go ahead first to the hotel because I would be visiting someone. They all nodded and left me. Since I knew Christie's house pretty well, I decided to walk there.

"Who's this cute chick?" A guy said, walking up to me. He then put his arm around my shoulder, and I could smell the alcohol from his clothes. Two other guys came up to me too, asking if I wanted to go home with them. I tried to take the guy's arm off, but he wouldn't budge.

"Let go of her!" I heard someone yell before the three guys were on the floor, begging for mercy. I spun around to see who it was.

"Hey, Yejin." Lucas said, giving me a smile. "You're going to Christie's house, right? I'm going to the party, too, so let's go together."

Recalling the days when Lucas bullied me, I was about to badmouth him, until I remembered that Christie told me he's a big fan. So, I replied saying,

"Alright."

Lucas and I walked to Christie's house silently, and he kept talking to me about how much he loves Q-PID. Lucas has changed a lot, and maybe I could even become friends with him later on...

Chanyeol's P.O.V.

"I'll go buy the food." I said to Christie. 

"You can't see! How will you walk there?" 

"Haha, it's fine, I've been able to walk since three years ago, and I still can."

"Fine... but, promise to get here before the party ends."

"What is the party for again?" I asked, confused at why Christie was having a party in the first place.

"Uhhh... friend's birthday."

"Ahh, okay." I replied, walking out the door. Since I was familiar with the surroundings, I walked to the market in no time. I got drinks, chips, and everything, and walked up to the counter.

"Uhh... how much is it?" I asked the lady. She probably thought that I was able to see the price on the computer. "I can't see... I'm blind." 

"Oh, wow! If you didn't tell me, I would have never known! It is $42." I pulled out my wallet and took out my credit card. Since I was a celebrity, it was easy for me to do my signature.

"Thank you!" I shouted before walking out of the market. 

"What a nice young man..." I heard the lady say. Suddenly, though, I felt my stomach hurting really badly. I remembered that there was a pharmacy somewhere near, so I kept asking people until I finally reached it. I sat down on the chair, and heard someone tell me that I would have to wait for around thirty minutes to an hour. I'd better call Christie...

"Hello? Christie?" I said into the phone.

"Chanyeol? Where are you? The party's about to start."

"My stomach was really hurting so I'm waiting here in the pharmacy for medicine." I said, holding my hurting stomach.

"What? How long will it take?" 

"Thirty minutes to an hour."

"Ughh... get here as fast as you can, then. I won't rush you." I nodded, thankful that Christie understood my problem.

Yejin's P.O.V.

I arrived at Christie's house before seeing her hang up a phone call.

"Err... hey Yejin." She said, not sounding excited to see me.

"What? Not happy to have me here?"

"No... but my roomate, also your fan, is at the pharmacy getting medicine at the moment."

"Really? Is he okay?" I asked, sincerely concerned.

"He's fine, he's coming back in thirty minutes or an hour."

"It's okay, just start the party without him."

As Lucas, Christie, and I waited for Christie's roomate, around ten more people came to the party. They all talked about how great I looked now, and stuff like that. We all had fun dancing, eating, singing karaoke, and other things.

"You have a phone call hehe." I heard Chanyeol's voice say. When I picked it up, I heard Jieun's voice.

"Unnie! You have to come quick! Manager found out that you are meeting up with your friends and she's not very happy right now!"

"Shoot... okay, I'll be there." I said, before hanging up the phone.

"I have to go!" I yelled to Christie over the loud music. Christie's eyes widened as she ran to me through the crowd of people.

"What about my roomate fan?!" She yelled, because the music was too loud.

"Sorry, I guess I can't see him!" I replied back to her before waving goodbye, opening the front door, and walking out. I walked slowly, not really wanting to hear my manager yell at me so soon.

"Ah! That medicine made me feel much better!" I heard a voice say in Korean. Chanyeol...? No, now I'm imagining things... really, how bad can my love-sickness get?

I looked up to see Chanyeol walking with one bag of groceries and another bag of things from the pharmacy. Stupidly, I just stood there. At first I thought he could be the real person, but when I saw that he didn't even look at me, I knew it was just an imagination. It looks so real though...

*bump*. Chanyeol, the imaginary Chanyeol bumped into me, dropping all his things onto the floor. What? I felt him... how? I thought, before hearing him speak to me.

"Ahh, sorry. My bad." He said in not-so-fluent English. I was still shocked about how I felt him bump into me just now. Slowly, I bent down and without realizing, my hand was reaching up to touch his face. He looked surprised when I placed my hand on his cheek, and I was surprised, too, because I was able to feel him. It really is Chanyeol... It is Chanyeol! It's really him! 

Unknowingly, tears slipped down my face. Tears of happiness, not tears of sorrow. My thumb kept moving around his cheek, until Chanyeol grabbed my hand and took it off of his face.

"Uhhh... Who are you? Christie?" He asked me. Chanyeol! It's me, Yejin! He really can't see... He really can't see me...

Instead of explaining things clearly, I just sat there silently while Chanyeol picked up his things and kept walking.

"Well... Goodbye, stranger." He said, his back facing me while walking away. I stood up, and I was surprised by the shaky, cracking voice that left my mouth when I said two words,

"Yah... Chanyeol!" More tears fell out of my eyes and I saw Chanyeol stop walking farther away from me. He turned around and looked near me, but not at my face.

"Say that one more time." he said to me. Taking one big breath, I screamed as loud as my vocal chords let me.

"YAH! PARK CHANYEOL!" and by now, I was on the floor, struggling to breath in between my cries. Chanyeol walked towards the sound of my crying and bent down to feel me. His hand was on my face, on my nose, on my lips.

"Yejin... It really is you," He said, his eyes tearing up. I nodded, and brought Chanyeol in for a hug.

His warmth, his scent, his comfort... I missed it so much. And when Chanyeol said the next few words, I really broke down crying.

"I thought I would die without you, Yejin..."

 

THE END. HAHAHAHA. I feel like everything went too fast, but I don't really know how to make it go slower. Anyway, bye bye~ Check out my other fanfics~~!