Fourth

A Mission to Protect You S2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You just take it. I’ll be fine. If the mission is successful, the organization will set us free. I will definitely be successful, Soojunggie.”

“But unnie–”

“Let me strive. As your big sister, I will protect you. That’s my promise to Daddy and Mommy. So, Soojunggie, promise me.”

“What’s that?”

“Keep smiling and be strong. All right, see you later.”

“Unnie–”

“Unnie!” Krystal was waking up after dreaming about her past memories. Her memory of the last meeting with Jessica, her only sister.

The bedroom door opened, Kai emerged from the front door brought her a glass of water and gave it to the girl who was sitting with a pale face and a trickle of sweat. “Nightmare?”

Krystal looked at Kai with weak eyes, she nodded and took the glass of water and drank it. “Dream about my sister, Jessica.”

“Your sister who killed by the organization?”

“Yes. The day when we finally reunited after being separated by the organization. Who would have thought it would be the last day I met her.” Krystal smiled bland.

Suddenly her eyes widened. A hand landed on her head, ruffled her hair. Who else if not Kai? Instantly, the act makes Krystal’s face flushed. Kai’s face that stared at her with cold eyes but looks cold, makes her flinch.

After a few minutes in a state of silence and without any sound, which eventually Kai finished ruffled Krystal’s hair, stood up and turned to walk out. But he stopped short of saying to the auburn-haired girl who was silent without the sound.

“Now go wash up after breakfast. You look bad if kept crying.”

And Kai out of the room, leaving the dazed Krystal looked at him with a flushed face.

***

“Feast of the end of the year?” Krystal slightly enlarged eyes when she hear the enthusiasm expressed by the four girls who were surrounding the table.

Luna was seen most enthusiastic smile wide. “Yes!”

“What will we do there?”

“A lot of fun, of course. You know, yeah, like enjoying the fireworks launch accompanied by a huge bonfire. Party, you know, like that.” Amber took the sound to explain.

“Do all students should participate?”

The girls nodded simultaneously and in unison said, “of course!”

“You have to come and of course, you should not forget him.” Sulli winked, glancing towards the tanned-skinned man who had been busy with a hand tool.

“He?” Krystal was lifting eyes, trying to look as if did not understand who is meant by Sulli.

“Kim Jongin!” Amber replied, making Sulli has to hit her head with a little hard for her to be quiet.

Krystal chuckled, “I’ll try, and even then if he wanted to.”

***

“So, those stupid peoples will do stupid things in the New Year’s Eve?” Kai asked with a flat tone while busy arranging foods on the table.

Krystal could only nod in doubt, put a little face pleading that allow Kai to come to a party later night. The reason, from childhood she was educated at school in Los Angeles and there was no time for her to attend such events. Her works only to study, study, and study. She did not have time to play with other peoples, of course, because she was being watched. Organizations keep a close eye on her.

“What is the fun thing to join a party like that?” Kai takes his seat, began to eat ramyeon he had just cooked earlier.

“I wanted to join the feast as it is. I never felt it so I wanted to try it. B-but, if it is dangerous I guess I’d better do not go.” Krystal is busy playing with her ​​chopsticks, she pouted.

Kai sighed for a moment, then spoke again. “All right. We’ll go tonight.”

Instantly Krystal’s eyes widened, her smile expands. “Really? Are you sure?”

Kai nodded. “I do not think it would be dangerous because until now, Baekhyun hyung has not said anything about the whereabouts of the enemy’s organization after you. So I guess, there is no problem.”

“Thank you!” Krystal shouted excitedly.

Kai could just laugh at the reddish brown-haired girl. The girl has changed. No longer a cool girl and a flat-faced girl, she has become a cheerful girl who can finally smile.

Yes, I do not think this is a problem, right, Kyungsoo?

***

“Well, too crowded here!” Krystal looked around the vast field school where many students gather tonight.

“Yes, because there are a lot of stupid peoples who spend their nights just to see the fireworks.”

“You’re not funny, Mr. Kim Jongin!” Krystal pouted.

“Thank you for the compliment, Ms. Jung Soojung.”

“Soojung! Here!” Shouting someone makes Kai and Krystal turned to the sound.

As usual, the four girls at school who always follow Krystal waved, gave a code that she should immediately gathered with them. Krystal replied with a smile as she too waved her hand. Then she quickly pulled Kai’s hand to gathered together in order to come with the ​​four girls.

Kai was actually once reluctant to join New Year’s Eve event, let alone have to come watch the fireworks. It was of course reminded him of the male figure, which is a tiny Kyungsoo, his boyfriend who disappeared and has not been heard from until now. Kai remember once, Kyungsoo was very fond of firewo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter