Thirteenth

A Mission to Protect You S2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ugh…”

Krystal woke up from her sleep and started to move to sit on the bed, holding her head feels heavy. Head pain, dizziness. She tried to recall what happened to her before. Yesterday, she passed out when she wanted to go back to the inn with Kai and the others who came to her before Himchan, Zelo, and Minah managed to bring her back to base.

 

“If you do not come with us to go back to the organization, then you can say goodbye to your friends who were in the inn.”

 

“In other words, we will remove all of your whereabouts, along with everyone who comes to you.”

 

“No…” Krystal hissed, holding her head ache. Himchan threat to her words and it makes her head was getting sore. She certainly did not want anything to happen to her friends at the school, the people who did not have anything to do with the problem with the organization. Krystal does not want that to happen.

 

“Remember that, Krystal. If you do not come back, we do not mess around with our words earlier.”

 

Himchan’s words kept turning in her mind. The beautiful girl with reddish brown hair that did not know what she should do. While she was busy thinking, suddenly the bedroom door open and come in a figure of a tanned-skinned man who came to bring her a glass of warm milk.

“Hey.” Said the tanned-skinned man, smiling gently. “How are you? We were worried when you suddenly fainted.”

Krystal tried to reply with a small smile. “I’m fine, Kai. Thank you for worrying about me.”

Kai smiled and handed a glass of milk on the auburn-haired girl. “It will make you feel better.”

Still with a smile, Krystal then tried to drink the warm milk. Warm milk, make her heart and feeling warmed up. After drinking it, she gave the cup back on Kai, and the tanned-skinned man was put on a table not far from Krystal’s bed. Kai took a seat near the girl, sitting alongside her bed.

There is a long silence between them, until finally Krystal encouraged her to start the conversation awkward. “I’m sorry.” She hissed.

Kai looked at her, raised an eyebrow and asked, “for what?”

“To make you worry about me. And not to speak and be cold to you for a few days.”

Kai chuckled, then scrambles the reddish brown hair gently, making Krystal’s face flushed with widened eyes. “No problem, Krystal. I’m glad you’re okay and that peoples were not hurt you. You know, you’re my precious friend.”

 

Your…precious…friend…?

 

Krystal smiled slightly as she heard the answer.

 

Yeah, for you, I’m just a friend, right?

 

There are questions and sentences that can’t be spoken even though she wanted to say. But this time Krystal tried to strong. She knew she should not make people worry a lot more than this. That’s why she tried to smile, and said, “Thank you, Kai.”

Kai smiled softly at her as he rose from his seat. “Next time if there is something bothering you or you may feel bad, tell me. Do not you keep it to yourself, okay?”

“Yeah, sure.”

And with that, Kai turned to leave Krystal. But before he shut the door, he turned around for a while and then said, “tonight the kids in the class were planning a bonfire party. I think you’d better stay here.”

“Thank you for worrying about me, Kai. I’ll catch you later.”

“Well, if something happened to you immediately tell me.”

“Yeah, o-okay.”

And Kai was left Krystal who could only smile bland.

***

Krystal walked to the beach area, where many students wandering around there. Kyungsoo who saw the girl walking alone immediately approached her, asked with a worried expression. “Are you okay?”

Krystal tried to smile at Kyungsoo, “I’m fine, Kyungsoo. Thank you for worrying about me.”

“Thank God for you.” Kyungsoo smiled.

“Soojung!” Luna’s voice that shouts calling makes Krystal and Kyungsoo turned to the sound origin. The black-haired girl smiled at both of them, and then re-turned to Krystal. “Are you better? You passed out yesterday.”

“Yeah, I’m fine, Luna. What is it?”

“No, I just wanted to ask you to go into the forest. Yeah, you know, to be held this evening bonfire party. We need firewood. Do you want to come with me?”

Krystal glanced briefly at Kyungsoo, requesting permission to him that he was not worried if he went with Luna. The auburn-haired girl could not refuse Luna. Moreover, she must remain bold. She should not be afraid. “Of course.” Replied the girl with reddish brown hair.

“Good. Come on.”

“I’m coming with you two!” Kyungsoo cut, offered himself to join together because of course he would not have let Krystal go alone into the forest again, even though she is not alone because Luna was also with her. But of course, it is still very dangerous.

Luna rolled her eyes, then finally nodded, “you can, come on.”

“I could not let you go there alone.” Whispered Kyungsoo at Krystal while walking following the first Luna is walking in front of them.

“I know it. But actually I was not alone because Luna with me, right?”

“But still, it’s dangerous.”

“Okay okay.”

***

“Let more quickly, what if we split up? I’ll be there, Soojung there, and Kyungmi go towards the opposite. How is that?” Luna said when the three of them had reached the forest.

Krystal did not respond because she first glanced at Kyungsoo to ask if it is not a problem for Kyungsoo. And as expected by Krystal, Kyungsoo would say otherwise.

“No. That’s really unsafe. This forest we did not know the ins and outs. So I guess we better together.”

“But it will be slow. Come on, Kyungmi-ssi. We’ll be fine. We’re not a five year old child would get lost so easily, is not it?”

“Yeah we aren’t, but it’s still–”

“Then I’ll go with Luna, and Kyungsoo–I mean–Kyungmi going in the opposite direction alone. Does it not matter?” Krystal was interrupting, staring at Kyungsoo convincing.

It took a few seconds to make sure Kyungsoo until the sweet man who is in his girl version nodded weakly. “All right then. If anything happens, call me.”

“Of course.” Krystal smiled a little.

Kyungsoo was turned away, walked into the woods. Krystal can only sigh weak while staring at the tiny man’s back. She did not want to make them all worried. Although she was afraid to go alone, she still did not want them to always be bothered to herself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter