First

A Mission to Protect You S2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kai? Where are you?”

Baekhyun’s calls made him to stop his activity. Currently Kai was in the training room, re-training the gun to improve its capabilities.

It’s been five months since Kyungsoo disappeared from him. Since then, Kai has not even done any of the new missions.

Baekhyun entered the room. Kai turned to him. “What is it, hyung?”

“A new mission for you. Are you happy?” Said Baekhyun on Kai. They both walked together toward monitoring space to show Kai the new mission that will he completed.

Kris was waiting for him there. Baekhyun start again busy with his computers.

“I hope that is not the mission of the same type as before.” Said Kai to Kris with pleading stare.

“Unfortunately it is the same mission, Kai.”

Kai’s eyes dilate. But before he said anything, Baekhyun back said, explaining the mission to be performed by Kai.

“Your mission is to protect a person until she is separated from the pursuit.”

“Do I have to protect a fugitive?”

“Not. Even more than that.”

“Hyung, I do not want to do it. Kyungsoo is still not return. I–”

“Be professional, Kai!” Kris looked at him sternly. Making Kai could not resist so he could only sigh and nodded slowly.

“Well, all right, hyung. Give me the data and I will finish it well.”

“No need of data. You, come in.” Kris gives a command, and right after that come in a girl with long hair reddish brown. Her face is very pretty, but not pretty enough to make Kai fall in love. “She’s the one who should protect by you.”

Kai looked at her fixedly. Her face is gorgeous with beautiful long hair. Yet somehow behind the beautiful face look so much sorrow, hardship, and suffering that is reflected from the shabby face.

Kris again about to speak, “her name is–”

“Krystal.” She was cut off Kris words. She lifted her head that had been down at Kai with a penetrating gaze. “That’s my code name in the organization.”

Kai’s eyes dilated, “the organization? Hyung, do not tell me she came from–”

“Yes, Kai. She comes from our great enemy, the Black Spider. She is a scientist of the organization. But she managed to escape from there, from their headquarters located in Los Angeles.”

Los Angeles? I heard it was a place where Yongguk come earlier. Kai suddenly remember the figure he had killed the man. The man is none other than his half-brother. The man who was kidnapped Kyungsoo, his lover.

Kyungsoo…

“Kai?” Baekhyun who saw his brother was trying to revive him with a dreamy softly patted Kai’s shoulder, making the tanned-skinned man was struck.

“Ah-oh, so, what should I do to protect her?”

“You will be disguised as an ordinary people. Enter into a public school. The organization will definitely look for Krystal’s up to South Korea. At least they will not know where she is if she tried to live like a normal girl.”

Kai nodded. Actually he was reluctant, but he could not refuse Kris’ command. Kris command is absolute. “When this mission starts?”

“Baekhyun.” Kris Baekhyun, telling him to explain the mission to be performed by Kai.

“Your mission starts today. I’ve set up and enroll you into a school. You will live in an apartment. You must first pack now, Kai. Your car is prepared.”

“Yeah, all right. I prepared beforehand. I’ll meet you out front, brown-reddish-haired girl.”

“Krystal, you may call me that.”

“Yeah-yeah, whatever.”

***

Throughout their way to the apartment which has been prepared by the headquarters for them, Kai and Krystal did not speak a word. Kai was busy with activity to drive his car, while Krystal, the brown-reddish-haired girl is busy with his own thoughts and just looked from the street next to the windshield.

Honestly Kai felt strange and awkward to be near the brown-reddish-haired girl. Kai once remembered the first time he met with Kyungsoo when he has a mission to protect the little man. Kyungsoo was the first to greet him.

“Oh, hi, Kim-Jong-In?”

Suddenly the memories of his past and a cute face of Kyungsoo appear on his mind. Instantly he felt a little pain is upon his heart, his feelings. It was a lie if he said that he was not injured and sick when Kyungsoo suddenly disappeared from him. Yes, he was sick. Kai was sick.

“I think you missed the apartment.”

The voice that seemed cold interrupted his reverie. Kai woke up, the girl just talk to him without looking at all. Kai took a breath for a moment, then drove the car back to the apartment to which they were going.

Kai and Krystal were out of the car after the car parked where it should be. Without saying anything, Krystal just headed to the baggage car, take his stuff is just a rather large suitcase.

“I’ll take it.” Said Kai whose could not let that skinny body carrying a suitcase that looks pretty heavy.

“I can carry it by myself.”

Kai rolled his eyes, “oh, okay. Fine then.”

They both walked into their apartment after to make sure that the apartment that they go it really is apartments that they are headed.

The apartment was quite large. There are two bedrooms, one bathroom, kitchen plus dining room, living room, and family room to relax. Kai ensure household sharing the apartment with Krystal. There stuff is very complete.

“My room is here and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter