Welcome to the Fallout

Children Of The Wild Ones

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one, if you want me to
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

***

Suzy met Sehun when they were nine. He was new to the school, quiet, shy yet he always had a bit of a temper to him; a temper that Jongin easily tamed. Suzy was never Sehun’s favourite, not when Jongin was involved. They remembered spending their childhood fighting over Jongin. Sehun was asking him to play transformers whilst Suzy was asking him to play knights and princess. Sehun and Suzy were fire and rain, so when Suzy found herself sitting across from him in the Sehun’s hotel (well his father’s technically) she found herself laughing ironically.

“What’s so funny?” Sehun asked.

“This, us—me and you.” Suzy replied.

“Why?”

“We used to fight when we were kids, then somewhere along the road we stopped fighting and so we stopped talking. It’s like we both gave up on each other. It’s like the only time we talk is when we’re fighting…”

Suzy was right. Of the times that Sehun had approached her since she came back was just to fight with her and nothing else. Well, not till now.

“So why is it that you were so comfortable with me finding out your secret?”

Suzy shrugged, “There’s less pressure with you.” Sehun’s eyes widened in shock and Suzy rolled her eyes. “I couldn’t disappoint you the way I would disappoint my parents, or Eunsang or Jongin,” Suzy took a sip of her coffee, “After all too you I’m already scum of the earth, so there wasn’t much to lose.”

“No one would blame you for what happened, Suzy. It was out of your control.”

“Yeah, but why doesn’t it feel like it?”

They had spent the last hour talking about nothing, sipping coffee and munching on fries and grilled ham and cheese sandwiches. He stared at Suzy and he wondered how things would’ve been different if it wasn’t for that night. They had been sitting down in the lounge for a while now, talking till they were out of breath and their throats were sore. Suzy didn’t go home that night, her mother had still been ignoring her and Eunsang needed a break from all the tension. She slept in an en suite that Sehun had organised for her overlooking the city below.

“I’ll pick you up and take you to school tomorrow.” Sehun said before he switched off the light.

“Don’t,” Suzy objected, “I don’t want people to get the wrong idea.”

Sehun shrugged his shoulders and switched off the light. He closed the door behind him and made his way to the room beside hers. As he lay in bed that night Sehun found himself allowing his mind to be consumed by fatigue. It was the first time he had slept properly in a week.

***

Jongin had been up by 7AM to chase after Sehun. He needed to ask him about the hug, he was almost desperate. “Sehun didn’t come home last night, he stayed at his father’s hotel,” Sehun’s butler had informed him through the phone. So it was 7:30AM and Jongin found himself at the front of ‘Affinité Hotels’ waiting for Sehun who hadn’t answered a call since last night. He thought that maybe Sehun had been out and found himself a companion for the night. Afterall, Sehun was notorious for never having a relationship with a woman for longer than a night. Ironic, yet befitting of the boy who was abandoned at the front steps of the church at birth.

Jongin waited in the lobby, it was 8AM and his friend was going to be late if he didn’t leave now. It was 8:01AM on the dot when the elevator doors opened and Jongin found himself staring squarely at Sehun and his latest companion, Suzy. They looked like they were talking about something so neither of them noticed Jongin standing by the door. 

“Jongin?” Sehun asked once he turned his head. He was bewildered as to why his friend was standing inches away.

Jongin raised a brow and marched into the elevator and slammed his hand on the stop button as the door closed. He aggressively shoved Sehun against the wall and tugged on his collar whilst lifting him slightly off the ground. Suzy shrieked and tried to pry the two boys away. “Stop it, Jongin!” she yelled. “Let him go.” Suzy noticed how Jongin’s jaw twitched and how his eyes looked like there were rolling thunders. Sehun didn’t scream or shout instead he uncomfortably adjusted Jongin’s grip so that he could breath. After what felt like a minute of Suzy shrieking Jongin loosened his grip. “Are you ing insane?” Suzy cursed, standing in between Sehun and Jongin to stop them from fighting.

“We’ve been friends for so long and this is-”

“This isn’t what it looks like at all. You'd know this if you had bothered to stop and use that supposed big brain of yours.” Sehun said. He rolled his eyes and adjusted his tie and fixed up his uniform all over again.

“Then what is it?”

“Nothing that concerns you,” Suzy snapped.

Jongin looked down at her and sneered, “I thought I knew you better than this.”

Suzy remained silent, she needn’t dignify his remarks with a response. He didn’t know her, not anymore. The doors of the elevator opened to a sea of curious on lookers. Sehun pulled his sunglasses out from his pockets to shield his eyes and swiftly he reached for Suzy’s hand and dragged her out of the elevator behind him. Jongin watched on quietly as Sehun and Suzy marched right by him as if he didn’t exist. As the crowds cleared and Sehun was out of sight, Jongin noticed someone else.

“Soojung,” Jongin shouted but she fled quickly.

***

In Sehun’s limousine they sat in silence. Suzy stared out her side of the window whilst Sehun stared out his. Summer mornings were always so bright but the sun this morning was still hiding behind a grey cloud. A storm was brewing or so the weather report said. “This is wrong,” Suzy uttered.

Sehun turned his head to her. He said nothing but simply observed the side of her face silently. 

“I shouldn’t of have had gotten between you and Jongin.”

He opened his mouth, “It’s too late, what’s done has been done.”

“I told you not to pick me up in the morning, why did you come back?” Suzy didn’t know that he hadn’t returned home that night. He was waiting at her door by 7:50AM and he was insistent on taking her to school, at least till they were five blocks away if she was that adamant about not being seen with him. “Am I being selfish?” Suzy looked to him for some reassurance.

“I need you to commit to something. If you’re not going to tell Jongin or Soojung, I need you to commit to it. I can’t have myself putting everything on the line for you only to have you second guess yourself, or me.” Sehun’s voice was deep and calm yet stern.

She knew that she was right. Maybe it was better having someone else on her side, someone who could understand her a bit better. It still wouldn’t change the fact that she felt terrible for lying to them and for breaking them up. She doesn’t realise yet but Sehun does. It’s not the first time Suzy’s done this to them and he wonders how one person can have such a pull on a group of people and not know it.

“Is it easy for you—how do you simply cut other people out of your life?” Suzy asked.

“I was abandoned when I was a child. It’s easier to abandon someone before they abandon you.” Sehun’s voice trailed off. Since he was a child Sehun had always had an inferiority complex which stemmed from not knowing who his real mother and father were. When his parents adopted him they raised him to be their own. “You’re Oh Sehun, Hwang Miyoung and Oh Taecyeon’s son. It doesn’t matter whose blood runs through you.” As comforting as his father’s words were Sehun had always wondered about the life he could’ve had or the person he would’ve been.

They were about five blocks away from the school when the limousine stopped. Suzy grabbed her bag and climbed out. Sehun watched solemnly as she walked alone down the street. “Straight to school, Jiwoo,” Sehun instructed.

As Suzy arrived at the front of the school, Sehun was standing there waiting for her. She acknowledged him with a slight smile and approached him slowly, certain that he was going to move before she did so that they wouldn’t appear close to each other. He didn’t. He stepped closer towards her and reached out for her collar. He helped her straighten out her shirt and dusted off the invisible specks of dust on her blouse before he walked off.

Suzy was surprised.

***

Soojung spent the morning hiding away from everyone on the school tracks. She had so much anger to burn and no one to listen to her verbal output. Not when she was mad and Jongin and Sehun was frolicking around with Suzy. She didn’t know who to trust anymore.

“Jung Soojung!” Mr. Kim shouted from across the field.

Suzy looked at the frail and fatigued girl. Soojung had a slim build and she was fit comparative to a lot of the girls on the team. Maybe it was the first time that Suzy really looked at Soojung in a year but she looked frailer than she remembered. Her bones were protruding from her shoulders, her legs looked thin and her cheeks usually painted with a rosy hue were sunken and pale.

“I told you to not run yourself into the ground, have you been eating?” he asked her. He had a stern expression over his face which caused Soojung to tense up.

“I’ve had a protein shake this morning,” Soojung replied.

“What did you have for dinner?” he asked.

Suzy watched as Soojung hung her head in defeat. Mr. Kim rested his hands on his hips and shook his head and dismissed her. Soojung walked over to Choi Jinri and leaned against her for support. Suzy noticed how Soojung limped as she walked.

“Alright, time for a warm up.” Mr. Kim clapped his hands together and pointed to the tracks, “Give me five laps around the track and comeback.”

“Are you going to be ok?” Jinri asked Soojung.

With a slight nod Soojung picked up her legs and began to pace herself around the track. Suzy ran ahead of her making sure she kept a safe distance between her and the other girl. She didn’t want another altercation. “Keep running!” Mr. Kim shouted from across the field. They were on their fourth lap already after ten minutes of pacing themselves and it was on the fourth lap when all of the girls would get playfully competitive.

Suzy fastened her pace. On a good day Suzy would’ve never been able to keep up with Soojung. She was always far more athletic, even more so than Jongin and Sehun who spent their days dancing in the studio. When Soojung noticed that Suzy was jogging beside her the two girls found themselves silently competing. Soojung couldn’t lose, this was her element and after losing everything to Suzy there was no way she’d let the other girl embarrass her on her on turf. Soojung quickened her pace and ignore the pain in her shoes and how they pinched her skin.

She could see the finish line from afar but her vision was beginning to get blurry and her chest was constricting. Soojung powered through and with her last ounce of strength pushed herself across the finish line ahead of everyone else. Soojung stumbled across the finish line and tripped over her feet. Close behind her Suzy rushed over to help. “Are you ok?” she asked with a tinge of guilt in her voice.

Soojung laid breathing heavily and dry heaving. Mr. Kim rushed over to check on her, Jinri was close behind and the other girls were still a few meters away from both of them. “Let me help you up.” Suzy got down onto her knees again and grabbed onto Soojung's arm.

It was this touch that awoken Soojung. She sat up and tossed her arm into the air which made Suzy lose her balance. “Don’t touch me, I don’t need you,” she snapped.

“Soojung, I just want to help.”

“Then leave.” Soojung shouted and stared at her square in the eyes. Soojung climbed to her feet, she winced in pain as she did and Suzy could only watch helplessly whilst Jinri and Mr. Kim rushed to her side and aided her back to the bench. Soojung had ran so much that blisters formed on her feet and bled into her sole.

***

Soojung lay in the nurse’s office with her arm over her eyes. She had been there since first period and she still she felt too ill to move. “Soojung, we’ve spoken about this, your bones are far too brittle for someone your age. You need to eat properly or else it will endanger your health and your ability to play sports.” There’s tension between the two ladies in the room. “If you don’t take my advice I’m going to have to tell Mr. Kim to pull you off the squad,” Nurse Choi said sternly.

Soojung shot up immediately, “Don’t you dare!”

“Well then?” the nurse tapped her foot impatiently on the floor. Nurse Choi was taken back a bit by her red, swollen eyes.

“I’ll eat, I’ll take my supplements, just don’t tell him, if I’m off the squad I’m not sure what else I’ll do.”

Her eyes softened and the nurse let out a sigh “I’m concerned about you. You’ve been coming here far too often lately. There’s only so much I can do before you run yourself into the ground.”

Soojung crashed back onto the bed and stared blankly at the ceiling. “Thought I’d find you here,” Sehun knocked at the door of the office and let himself in. Soojung placed her arm again over her eyes so that he wouldn’t see her face.

“Sehun, why aren’t you at lunch? Don’t tell me you’re skipping meals too.” Nurse Choi gave him a knowing glance. Sehun only smiled nervously.

“I was actually taking Soojung to the dining hall.”

“Good, make sure she eats everything.”

Sehun nodded and Nurse Choi made her way back to her desk in the corner of the room.

“Wake up, Princess,” Sehun tapped on her shoulder, “I know you’re awake.”

“Leave me alone Oh Sehun, go back to Suzy.”

“Is that why you’re angry at me?”

Sehun was persistent in having his cake and eating it too. There was no reason for Suzy’s secret to affect any of his relationships at all. At least he blindly believed this. However, this was Soojung who was known for throwing tantrums when she didn’t get what she wanted.

“Just leave me alone,” Soojung retorted and turned her back to face him. She was in a foul mood when her replies were far too blunt for his liking.

“Look, I’m sorry but there’s more to Suzy’s story than you think and I’m just trying to sort it out.” Sehun tried to explain but his words fell on deaf ears. “Just don’t judge her until you know the full story.” He pulled a milk carton and sandwich box out of his pocket and placed it on her bedside table when she didn’t reply to him. “I still care a lot about you, Soojung.”

***

Jongin didn’t know where it all went wrong. How it was that a month ago his best friend was happily by his side in the dance studio as they messed around with the new choreography he had been working on. How it was a month ago that his girlfriend laid in bed with him and they slept with their fingers laced together under the cover of his blanket. Now his best friend was sitting alone in the booth across from him, too irked to talk to him and his girlfriend hasn’t spoken to him in almost a week now.

As he sat at the bar with his fingers wrapped around a glass of gin and tonic, he thought about all the moments leading up to this one. Sehun sat a few meters away from him at the booth on his lonesome with no ladies by his side tonight. The music blared through the system and drowned out the conversations around him.

After twenty minutes of awkward gazes and cut throat tension Sehun offered to talk first. “It’s not what you think,” he’s said these words so many times today he was beginning to tire of them.

“Leave me alone.” Sehun’s heard that far too many times today as well.

“Look, I’m a jerk, but I’m not that much of an to do whatever you think I did, especially with someone like Suzy.” Sehun was tired of feeling guilty when he felt as if he was doing right by someone for the first time in his entire life.

“Tell me then, tell me why you were both leaving the hotel at the same time.”

“We talked and she didn’t want to go home to her mother, so she stayed in one of the en suites.”

“Why were you with her?”

“I was picking her up for school.”

“You know that’s not what I mean.”

“Look whatever is going on with her it’s something she’ll tell you on her own when the time is right.”

“I’m tired of your crap, Sehun, get out of my face.” Jongin brushed him away with his hand.

Sehun wasn’t stunned by his reaction, throwing tantrums was all a part of being spoilt rotten. “You may be the golden boy but you need a reality check.” Sehun straightened himself.

Jongin grabbed Sehun by the shoulders and had his hands sitting uncomfortably close around Sehun’s neck. He cornered Sehun and pressed him against the bar. “I saw you with her the other day by the back steps and you’re telling me that nothing is going on. You’re made of complete bull! Then you stand here and lie to me about it?” Jongin pushed Sehun hard against the bar causing his back to bang against the marble top.

Sehun grabbed Jongin by the wrist and tried to pry him away. “If there’s anyone that’s an around here, it’s you. I might have a reputation for toying around a lot, but I’m not the one with a girlfriend. Nor am I the one who’s forcing myself onto someone when they don’t want to see me. You might not know this because you’ve got everything at your beck and call but people are not your playthings. Soojung isn’t someone you can pick up and drop whenever you want and Suzy, well Suzy’s got a life of her own that doesn’t revolve around you. So what? it up because you’re getting too old for this. We all are.”

Jongin’s jaw twitched, “You’re jealous, you always have been.” Sehun looked on curiously, beads of sweat forming at the top of his forehead. “I think it’s adorable that you think you have any right to tell me what to do when you’re one to slack off all the time. You’re not one to who’s heir to a multimillion dollar business, people don’t expect things of you because you’re adopted, you’re a second rate version of me—actually—you wish you were.” He regretted those words instantly. He knew how Sehun had always felt about being adopted and how wrong he was for belittling his friend. But he didn’t get time to react with words.

Sehun threw a punch that landed right on his jaw sending him backwards onto the floor. Jongin climbed to his feet quickly and threw himself at Sehun. The two boys tore through the bar sending glasses and bottles onto the ground shattering around them like stars. They tore into each other wildly without a care for their friendship. Jongin whacked Sehun square on the jaw only to have Sehun kick him right in the gut. Security rushed to the scene and herds of people gathered around to watch. Together a group of passerby and security worked to pull them off each other.

“We’re through!” Sehun spat at Jongin whilst being quickly escorted outside. “Stay away from me, you hear? I never want to see you again!” Sehun shouted and pushed off the guards who were holding onto him.

***

She was used to being consumed by silence, so much that she preferred it that way. It was already ten when she came home and Eunsang had already retired to her own room. Suzy crept in with her shoes in her hand and brushed off the drops of rain that were caught in her hair. “You’re home, darling.” Jihyun twirled out from the lounge with a smile on her lips and a bottle of expensive brandy in her hand.

Suzy straightened herself and dropped her shoes on the ground as Jihyun sauntered over to her. “You’re drunk.” Suzy rolled her eyes and pushed past her mother.

“No—I’m not drunk I actually saved a bit for you.” She pushed the crystal bottle in front of Suzy, gesturing for her to drink. “Let’s drink, let’s make up, ok, darling.” Jihyun said gingerly as she pushed the glass to Suzy’s lips.

Suzy stared at it in disgust, “No thanks,” she retorted.

Jihyun raged and threw the cup in anger. “Why?” she screamed. She fell onto the ground in tears, wailing for her daughter. “Why won’t you drink with me? Do you despise your mother that much? Why do you despise me so? Is it because I sent your father away?”

Suzy stood still at the bottom of the steps, staring at the spilt brandy and broken glass that spread across the tiled floor slowly. She grabbed onto her skirt and fisted her hand into it. She stared at her mother with anger in her eyes.

“I’m sorry, Suzy, but I’m trying so hard. I need a bit more time. You see, your father is a bit upset with me but we love you still…” Jihyun hiccupped.

“Don’t lie to me!” Suzy snapped, “You have no right to do this to me. For God’s sake, you’re almost forty, when are you going to get your life together?” she sneered.

Jihyun sat in a puddle of her own tears and spilt alcohol. She listened to her daughter’s bitter words. “Suzy…” she murmured as if it was the first time she had heard these words. “I’m sorry…”

“Sorry? About what? About giving birth to me? About leaving me alone whilst you partied in Paris, London and Milan? Or how the only reason you want me back in your life is to prove that you’re not as messed up as people want to believe you are. We’ll they’re right.”

“Don’t talk to me in that manner!”

“I will talk to you in any manner as I please until you prove that you’re someone I can respect.”

Jihyun’s shriek was so loud that it made Eunsang run out of her room in her night gown and beauty masque. “What’s wrong? Are you ok, Suzy?” Eunsang ran down to the bottom of the stairs to find Suzy staring bitterly at her mother.

“Perfect.” Suzy spat at her mother before dashing up the flight of stairs.

Eunsang watched on empathetically as the young girl fled from her sight with tears in her eyes.

“Madam, how about I help clean you up?” Eunsang asked, careful in her approach as she side stepped the broken glass on the floor.

“My daughter hates me.” Jihyun said manically followed by an ironic laughter.

***

It was ten at night when the doorbell of the Jung’s house rang. Soojung had been home on her lonesome, her butler had already resigned to his bed for the night. Curiously Soojung checked the surveillance cameras from her room when she saw Sehun looking battered and bruised. She rushed down the flight of stairs and swung the front door open quickly. “Sehun!” she gasped.

“Oh, Princess…” Sehun smiled feebly like he wasn’t expecting her to be there at all—even though it was her house. “Can I come in?” he asked

“What happened to you?” Soojung observed how his lip was cut and his eyes were blood shot. He limped into her house, his hair and coat were soaked from the rain but it didn’t seem to disturb him that much. “Did you get into a fight again?” Soojung helped him onto the couch and aided him in taking off his coat.

“Yeah, do you have a bandaid?”

Soojung nodded and ran over to the cabinet looking for the first aid kit they had stashed away. She fished out some bandaids and an antiseptic ointment. “Who did this to you?”

“You don’t want to know.”

Sehun ripped apart the bandaids and brusquely applied it onto his cuts and bruises. She noticed how his fingers were bent awkwardly and how bruised they looked. Soojung sighed and stopped him, she was irritated by how he seemingly didn’t show any care or concern for himself. She grabbed his hand. “I’ll do it,” she offered and cracked open the antiseptic. With a cotton swab she gently dabbed into onto the corner of his lip. Sehun winced in pain with each touch. “I’m sorry, I’m trying to be as gentle as I can. ” Soojung apologised.

“It’s ok, I kinda deserved it.”

"You might need to go to the hospital for your hand though, it looks broken. The guy you hit must've taken a beating."

Sehun nodded and observed silently how she wrapped the bandage around his hand, accompanied by a splinter. Soojung had been in a lot of sport injuries and knew very well what she was doing. "You underestimate your own abilities," Sehun complimented which made Soojung's cheeks flushed.

“Why are you here anyway? Why didn’t you go home?”

“I needed to get as far away from my problems as possible. Also, I can’t let my mother see me like this, you know she’d freak.”

Soojung responded with an eye roll, “Miyoung deserves so much more from you, do you know that?”

“Are you giving me a lecture, Princess?” Sehun said with a playful lilt in his voice.

Soojung sighed and didn’t justify his question with a response. While she tended to his injuries Sehun found himself holding his breath frequently; so much that it caused him to be light headed. Her fingers grazed against his eyelashes by accident and Sehun blinked. “Never seen a pretty girl before, Oh Sehun?”

Sehun laughed and then winced in pain. “I have a question…” Sehun started, it was something he had been wondering for a few months now. Maybe it was because he just had a fight with Jongin, maybe it was because Jongin had belittled him about his birth right that he felt it was only fair he was able to ask this question and not carry any guilt.

“Spit it out.” Soojung said as she blew over his cut to ease the pain.

“Your birthday last year, do you think that if I had been the first to arrive and not Jongin, would you have been my girlfriend right now?”

Soojung’s fingers moved slowly away from his face. Sehun expected that much.

***

Suzy made her way back down the stairs to find Eunsang with a mop and bucket in her hand. She was ready to clean up the mess that her mother had made when Suzy stopped her.

“How’s my mother?” she asked.

“She’s asleep, crying really takes it out of you.”

“Let me.”

“Go to sleep, Suzy, I can clean this up.”

She shook her head, “It’s my mother, I’ll clean it up—really it’s ok. You need your sleep.”

Eunsang reluctantly handed over the cloth to Suzy, “Be careful not to cut yourself on the glass.”

Suzy chuckled, “I’m a big girl now…” she said as her voice trailed off.

Eunsang murmured something incomprehensible which Suzy let slide. She was amazed that the woman had put up with her family for so many years and still hadn’t quit. There were other families, better families to wait on that weren’t as insane as they were—surely. “You’re the reason I stick around.” Eunsang gave her a warm smile and made her way up the stairs.

Suzy looked down at the floor and smiled. She began to pick up the bigger shards first, careful so that she wouldn’t cut herself. She wiped the floor clean and made sure to check every nook and cranny for stray pieces that could cut someone. Once she finished Suzy dusted off her shirt and she switched off the lights around the house. Just as she was about to shut off the last one Suzy let out a tiny shriek. It was Jongin, bloodied, bruised and soaked to the bone standing on the porch in her backyard. He motioned for her to come out.

Suzy pulled back the glass door, “What are you doing here? What happened?”

Jongin looked at his body, his eye brow was cut and dripped blood and his hips were hurting from throwing Sehun around. Not to mention he was soaked from head to toe. His eyes sent a quake through Suzy’s heart.

Jongin blinked away the water in his eyes, “I needed to see you, and I know that I’ve said that so many times over the past few days but I do,” he gasped. Suzy looked at him with a befuddled expression. “I know you’re tired of me asking you questions so let me speak this time. I’m angry at myself. I’m angry with you too but I’m mostly angry with myself. Why didn’t I wait for you? Why did I lie to myself? I thought I could do this but I can’t. I’m still not over you—us.” Jongin ran his hand through his hair to brush away the strands that were hanging over his eyes. “I don’t know what’s happening anymore. I don’t know why seeing you with Sehun makes me so angry, I don’t know why I’m not over Soojung’s house, soaked…” he pointed as his hair and shirt, “… from head to toe, begging for her to take me back. Yet here I’m standing in front of you, asking for you to give me a chance.”

Suzy stood motionless against the frame of her door with her arms crossed. “I think you have a concussion,” Suzy smiled one not of social ease.

“Suzy!” Jongin cried. He was begging for a moment of sincerity.

“You have me, Jongin! You’re my best friend in the entire world,” Suzy shouted in frustration.

“Then why doesn’t it at least feel like that? Why can’t you tell me what happened?”

“Look, I know that I haven’t been as honest as I have been with you. I know that I’ve been taking you for granted. I’m sorry. But I’m different now, everything you thought you knew about me changed over the year I was in America. You changed too. You have Soojung, you love her and she deserves a good and kind hearted boyfriend. I know you are exactly that.” Suzy reached for the nape of his neck and her thumb brushed away the water droplets under his eyes. “I’ll always be your friend, Jongin, but this fight, it’s mine and I need you to respect that. You spent most of your life protecting me. Let me show you what I can do now.”

Jongin raised his hand to Suzy’s hand and wrapped his hand around it. “Best friends don’t keep secrets from each other.” Jongin tore her hand away from his face and walked back across the field where their houses connect. Suzy fell to the ground and hugged her knees. She watched silently as he walked further away from her.

***

And I will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl

 


Thanks for reading, if you enjoyed it please leave a comment.
xo