Letting Go (Sehun-Xiumin)

The Voyage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author´s POV

After almost an hour of argument, it was finally decided that the maknae would spend some quality time with the eldest first. The youngest was so happy and he couldn´t hide it. Not with that bright and wide smile he was flashing everyone.

Sehun missed being with Xiumin. It had been a long time since they last have spent some time together alone, without the other members or other artist. Sure they were together doing various schedules like interview and practice but the problem was that it was work. It was not a time to catch up with each other.

Being divided into two sub groups didn´t help either. Unfortunately his caring hyung is in EXO-M and was usually in China. He was just so far from his reach.

So Sehun had decided to make the best of the time he was given with his hyung. They left the dorm and went to Sehuns´ favourite bubble tea shop. Of course they hadn´t forgotten to wear their disguises. It was finally Sehuns´ private time with his Xiumin hyung, and he wouldn´t let anyone, not even their fans ruin it.

They ordered their bubble teas and then went to a table by the window. Before the group was divided they usually went there to hang out.

 

“How have been this days Sehunnie?”, Xiumin asked. He missed the youngest a lot and he felt bad not being able to spend time with him now that they (EXO-M) were finally back in Korea.

“I have been doing fine hyung. Although l have missed hanging out with you”, Sehun answered sweetly. The truth is, he missed the person himself and not just hanging out with him. The cute, charming and caring hyung. He missed Xiumin but he can´t say it directly. Especially not now that he knows that two of his other hyungs have confessed to him and are courting him. He doesn´t want to complicate things any further and make it harder for his beloved hyung.

“I missed you too maknae”, Xiumin said sincerely but in a teasing manner as well. Then both laughed.

 

There was a short silence that followed. A comfortable silence. It was as if there was no need for words because being together was enough. But the eldest had to make sure that the thing with the two suitors’ does not affect anyone from the group. Most importantly not the youngest.

 

 “Are you okay with what Kris and Luhan said earlier at the dorm?”, the eldest nervously inquired.

 

Sehun was then contemplating what to answer. Xiumin noticed Sehuns´ thinking face and he knew that he was to remain silent and give the younger one the time he needed. His heart was not beating in it’s usually pace. It wasn´t too fast. But also not the normal heart rate. He was not sure of what answer to expect.

There were a lot of thoughts in the maknaes´ mind. He would be lying to himself if he says he is completely fine with it. Because to be honest, he used to like Xiumin. He had a crush on him.

When they first meet each other, he thought Xiumin was younger than him. He looked so young and cute with those chubby cheeks, cat liike eyes and pink lips. He was also shorter than him. His facial features were also soft, fragile and friendly. He felt the urge to protect and treat the short guy with delicate care. But he was wrong, because when they were properly introduced he found out that the shorter guy was older. Not just one year older, but he was the oldest among their group of 12.

Looks can be deceiving he said to himself. The guy had a baby face and instead of taking care of him, he would be the one taken care of. It saddened him that he won´t be able to call the cute guy his friend. Age matters and not being in born in the same year means they are technically not friends.It is more of a hyung-dongsaeng relationship. Luck was not on his side.

But Xiumin was one of a kind because despite being older than the maknae he treated him like a friend unlike the other members. It surprised Sehun but he was very grateful and happy. Even when they were trainees he had been close to the elder.

And with every moment they spent together Sehun found himself crushing on the adorable eldest.  I mean who wouldn´t? The guy has an angelic face and great body. Not everyone knows but the guy who some fans addresses as fat has very toned arms and well-built abs. And when he saw it, it motivated him to aim for the same body as well. He also felt bad for the guy he liked because he was forced to diet and he witnessed the hardships Xiumin had to face on the process. But he never quit nor did he complain. He did his best and he achieved his goal. He is now thin but to Sehun it was not necessary. Seeing his hyung avoid meals and exercise longer than everyone else made him worry. It was dangerous and unhealthy and yet his hyung did as what was demanded of him. His beloved hyung was also the strongest and funniest among the group. He always enjoyed being with him because he was so approachable and never fails to make him smile and laugh.

So was he really okay with it? He cannot be selfish can he?

Even if he had these feelings he knew that Xiumin only saw him as as a younger brother, as a beloved dongsaeng, a close and special friend. He knew he would be rejected. He didn´t want his treasured hyung to worry about him, to feel bad because of rejecting him. He would spare his hyung the pain and trouble. That was probably why never confessed.

Sehun decided

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter