Nice Guy (Lay - Xiumin)

The Voyage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author´s POV

Day after day the 12 wolves practiced as hard as they can for their upcoming comeback. They had promotions and practice that made them exhausted every day.

One member was having more difficulty than the others. He was not only doing the same amount of activity as the others but he was also having a one meal diet unlike the other members who were having the normal three meals a day routine. But he never said anything nor complained about it. All he did was stay silent.

But being a human also means having certain limitations. Our bodies can only take a little too much. And even though he was the strongest among the 12, he also had a time where he falls.

  

Lay´s POV

It was another tiring day but it did not bother me. Despite long hours of practice, l was still ecstatic because l finally got to have Xiumin hyung all to myself.

The other members were leaving the dance room. I saw Xiumin hyung grabbing his bag and l went to him to ask him if we should have our quality time after we freshen up. But even before l could grab his shoulders to stop him from leaving, he suddenly descended freely and l was thankful that my reflex was fast and l was able to catch him in my arms.

Xiumin hyung was pale,cold and unconscious. I started to panic but l knew better than to just scream and ask for help. I carried him like he was my bride and hurriedly went to the front desk of the SM building and asked the one in charge to quickly call an ambulance. The ambulance came after a short time of waiting and we rushed to the hospital.

I was glad when the doctor was done examining Xiumin hyung. He was brought to a room to rest. The doctor told me that it was due to over fatigue. I was also informed that hyung was suffering from ulcer and that it could worsen if he doesn´t start eating more and continued to skip meals. He also told me that Xiumin hyung must have tolerated the pain for a long time now and that he was to take some medicine to prevent the ulcer from worsening.

After talking to the doctor I went to Xiumin hyungs´ side. The light the moon emitted only highlighted hyungs´ face. He really had the face of an angel. His pale, milky skin seemed like shining because of the light directed at it, his cheery like lips were more visible and his long lashes made his eyes more beautiful even though they were closed. It was very enticing but my heart was aching because l knew that behind that peaceful expression was pain. He was lying in the hospital bed because he was enduring the pain for so long. He was in suffering but he never asked for help nor did we ever hear him complain about it.

If there was anyone who understood hyung and his persistence in losing weight, it would be me. Because just like this captivating angel, l also used to have extra weight that l had to get rid of. It was not easy. I had to stay longer in the gym and run extra miles just to burn the calories that l wished to eliminate. There was also the need to control my daily intake and avoid the food that l normally liked to eat. But the huge difference between me and the angel was that l was not forced harshly to do those things.

Unlike Xiumin hyung, l was not forced to do the one meal diet. I did not have to do it while we were having promotions and hard-core practices. I was not forbidden to eat the food l wanted to eat. I was not asked to stay longer just to dance longer and l was not forced to stay longer in the gym alone.

Seeing the delicate angel do all those things was heart breaking. I missed watching him eat his favourite baozi happily. I wish to be able to pinch those chubby cheeks he used to have back then. But most of all, it pained me that he never said anything about being in pain. He never told us that it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter