Worth it (Kai - Xiumin)

The Voyage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author´s POV

It has been days since Kris and Luhan last spent time with their object of affection. The problem was that after their confession, schedules, practices and promotion activities came crushing down on them one after the other. Not to mention that whenever there was a free time the other members got to spend the precious time with the lovable eldest.

 

The two wolves were jealous of the other members but they knew better than to complain. It was agreed that the others get to spend a one on one quality time, or date as the other members would like to call it, with their beloved Xiumin. With that in mind they tried to remain as calm as they could and tried to grab any opportunity that came their way to spend time with the beautiful angel, may it be during schedules or their practice.

 

Kai´s POV

I was so tired because of our dance practice. Our comeback was drawing near and the choreography for our new song “Overdose” was not that easy that we had to keep on dancing and practicing for more than three times now. After our third round we were told to rest for a while as it was EXO-M´s turn to practice the dance.

Most of EXO-K members just laid on the floor too tired to watch the other sub group or even to move. But l was not tired enough to ignore the sub group´s dancing, especially since l got to watch the charismatic Minseok hyung dancing.

I can´t explain why but l just enjoy watching Minseok hyung move his body to the music. It is really a wonder for me because in EXO-M, he is not the best dancer. It is actually Lay hyung. But there is something about him when he dances that makes him outshine Lay hyung or even me. I could not say if it was because of his satisfied and joyed facial expression whenever he dances that makes him the brightest star among us or not. Hyung gives me the impression that he dances not just because he has to, but because he wants and loves to.

EXO-M finished two rounds and was about to start the third round. I was not bored of the view in front of me and everything went smoothly until Chen hyungs´ unexpectedly slipped his hands accidentally causing my dear Minseok hyung to crash down the floor.

 

“Minseok”, Kris and Luhan screamed loudly in unison gaining everyone’s attention. Both of them quickly went to Xiumin hyung´s side and Luhan hyung did not even hesitate in pushing Chen hyung aside who was on Xiumin hyung´s side trying to help him to stand up.

I walked towards them with the other EXO-K members.

 

“Are you ok Minseok?”, Kris hyung asked looking worriedly at Minseok hyung.

“Are you hurt?”, followed by Luhan hyung.

 

Minseok hyung was now standing up with the help of Kris and Luhan hyung. Both had their arms wrapped around Minseok hyungs´ back to support him. Minseok hyung´s arms were placed over their shoulders. l would be lying if l said l did not wish to be their position.

 

“Minseok hyung, l´m so sorry my hands lost its strength”,  Chen hyung kept on apologizing.

As expected of my loving hyung he just smiled at Chen hyung and was about to say something only to be interrupted by Luhan hyung´s angry voice, “Gosh Chen, can´t you be careful? Xiumin is now hurt because of you.”

 

I looked at Chen hyung feeling pity towards him because it was an accident yet he was scolded. Hearing Chen hyung apologize more gave me the urge to speak up for him but l was stopped when l heard Xiumin hyung´s soft voice speak.

 

“Luhan l am fine. Stop scolding Chen.”, he said calmly and looked at Chen hyung´s worried and sad eyes as he said, “And stop apologizing Chen. It was an accident and l am fine”, and smiled warmly at him.

 

Minseok hyung assured me and the other members as well that he was fine and that we should not worry about him. He also asked Kris and Luhan hyung to let him go so that they can resume with their practice. The two suitors were hesitant at first but soon obliged to hyung´s request. But as they let go of him, Minseok hyung was not able to take one step further as he fell down the floor again with a loud thud.

After hearing the loud thud we came rushing to his side. The dance trainer looked annoyed because of the interruption for the second time which displeased all of us EXO boys except the angel Xiumin hyung. Suho hyung ignored him and checked Xiumin hyung´s ankle and tried to move it a little but Xiumin hyung gasped and l could tell that he was trying to suppress the pain.

The frustrated trainer asked if he wished to continue practicing or just go home and rest. I was expecting to hear Xiumin hyung saying that he could still practice because he was the type of person who pushes himself to the limit. But we were shocked when he did not answer quickly. Instead he looked at Lay hyung and none of us knew why they were staring at each other for a while. Lay and Xiumin hyung shared a secretive look and suddenly we were all taken aback with Xiumin hyungs statement.

 

“I would like to go home and rest if it is possible”, Xiumin hyung said softly and l could see Lay hyung smiling in satisfaction with his famous dimples showing. Xiumin hyung looked at him again and returned the smile. 

 

The trainer allowed it and Kris and Luhan hyung were arguing which of them would accompany the eldest but the trainer stopped them and told them that l would accompany Minseok hyung instead because l do not need to practice anymore since l mastered the dance already.

I saw the disappointed look on the two wolves but l did not care. My happiness was just overflowing because l get to have Minseok hyung all to myself.

 Our ride back to the dorm was silent but it was a comfortable one. The only thing l could hear was Minseok hyungs´ silent breathing. He fell asleep during the ride and l did not have the heart to ruin his sleep so l carried him instead our dorm. I thought of bringing him to his room but it was far so l brought him in my room instead and laid him in my bed.

Looking at the petite figure sleeping on my bed m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter