Always

The Voyage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Xiumin POV

"I love you"                      

I could not believe what l just heard. Kris just said he loves me. The three words kept resonating inside my head. I could still fell Kris hands holding mine, my world fading away as we both just stared in each others eyes.  And as l was looking straight into his eyes, l remembered a scene back when we were still in China.

 

Flashback

Both my head and body still felt heavy, but l also felt the soft bed beneath me. I wasn´t so sure where l was, but l guessed that l was somewhere safe. It was silent and l wanted to get up, but my body and mind didn´t allow it. My eyes were closed but my mind was only half awake. Then l suddenly heard a voice. It was a deep yet soft voice. I heard that person say:

 

Minseok, l know l failed you as a leader and as a friend. But most of all l failed you as someone who loves you with all his heart. l ´am sorry l let it come to this. That l didn´t know you were sick and was suffering alone. l know you do not like making us worry, but please let your friends help you, let me help me. l will gladly carry all your burdens for you. You even had to undergo a diet which you actually never needed. I wish people see you the way that l do. You´re the strongest, kindest, and the most beautiful person l have ever met in my entire life. When l was carrying you, l was so scared. Your body was so light and cold, that l was petrified that l would break you with my hold. I know you are not the type of person to depend on others, but please let me protect you. Don´t leave me behind. It still is a puzzle for me. You are always silent and distant, but suddenly there are times you come up with indescribable expressions and heart melting words, that l feel so drawn to you. All this time l wanted to be a better person just for you. l want to be the one to make you smile and happy. To be the one to hear your sweet angelic voice when you speak. To be the one to hold you and keep you safe and sound. I´ve become fully aware of this just now. I´ll always stand by you and love you. I´ll do my best to be worthy of you, and when l´am, l will hold your hands and never let go. You are the only one who holds my heart. Sleep well Min, and sweet dreams.

 

I couldn´t register everything he had said but l still understood some parts of it. My heart was overwhelmed because of the words the person spoke. I wanted to see who the mystery person was, but my eyes simply did not do as l wish. Slowly l opened my eyes hoping to get a glimpse of the identity of the one speaking, but l guess l was too late. The only thing that l could make out of the darkness that engulfed the room, was a silhouette of a tall lean guy. Then my eyes closed again and l returned to my deep slumber.

The next day when l woke up, l was surprised that l was in my room. I was not sure as to why l was there and how l got there. But what surprised me more was the fact that there was a chair beside my bed, which simply implied that someone must have watched over me at night. Then the words of the mystery person played again in my head, as if it was a song played on a reply. I thought it was a dream, but there was a part of me that says the opposite. But after some time of contemplating l decided not to really bother finding out who owned the deep, sweet, soft voice.

I thought maybe it was just a dream. And if it was not, the mystery person would revile himself to me in the right time. He said it himself if l heard him correctly. All l had to do was to wait for him patiently and thank him for his love and kindness.

End of flashback

 

So all this time that person has been by my side. The one who owned that deep, sweet, soft voice was now fulfilling his promise. It was not a dream and it was Kris all along.

The person who warmed my heart with his words and loving voice without even knowing it. He has finally revealed himself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter