Over and Beyond the Coffee Table

Crack Campus Chronicles
Please log in to read the full chapter

Minah had been ecstatic when she heard from Ahra.

            “It’s a date woman!” she danced around the little room while yanking her jeans up her legs with great difficulty. Ahra watched her overexcite roommate slightly worried.

            “He said…”

            “They all say!” Minah bounced around, looking for her comb before braiding her hair “you guys will meet, fall in love and have babies!”

            “I find it strange that this excites you while other things don’t. And we’re not going to have babies!” Ahra deadpanned as her roommate glared at her before picking up her backpack.

            “Lies. Such cute babies they will be.”

            “Jesus Minah, hush!” Ahra reprimanded (and tried to whack) the overexcited girl before the two exited the room to make their way to the dining hall for breakfast. Minah simple shot her an idiotic grin and ducked away from her hand. As the two entered the hall, they spotted Haneul and a very sleepy looking Dambi lazily spooning their breakfasts into their mouths.

            “Ahra has a date with Do Kyungsoo!” Minah announced, plopping down beside Dambi who stared at Ahra with her spoon still in as a smirk formed across her lips.

            “I do not!” Ahra quickly waved her hands “would you guys stop smirking at me!?”

            “He asked her to meet him at Nemo’s at five! Five!” Minah supplied, as Haneul gaped at Ahra.

            “It’s a damn date! Don’t you deny it!” she hissed, pointing accusingly at Ahra.

            “Why didn’t you tell us?” Dambi demanded.

            “He asked me last night. Apparently Kang has given us some work.” Ahra shrugged.

            “Wow, using the CR excuse. This guy is smooth.” Minah chuckled, getting up to pick up a bowl of cereal while asking the rest if they wanted anything to eat.

            “Please get me a bowl of cereal as well.” Ahra smiled as Minah nodded and walked over to the line only to be joined by Donghae who had just walked into the dining hall.

            “I suggest you get your own breakfast, I doubt she’s going to come back.” Dambi remarked watching Donghae ruffle Minah’s neatly braided hair and Minah nudging him before threatening him with a fork. Donghae laughed before serving her a bowl of fruits and placing it on her plate.

            “Looks like I have to.” Sighed Ahra, standing up and making her way to the line only to hear Minah complain.

            “But I don’t like papaya! It smells!”

            “It’s good for you! Have it.” Donghae cajoled.

            “No!”

            “Please?”

            Ahra sighed, knowing Minah would cave in soon enough (especially when Donghae whips out his puppy dog eyes) as she approached the counter with the cereal. Quickly serving herself some she poured some milk into it. On turning, she bumped into the person who had been the topic of discussion.

            “Ahra, good morning.” Kyungsoo smiled at her as she nearly dropped her bowl. Minah’s voice was singing in her head “lalalala it’s a date it’s a date! Ahra and Soo foreverrrr”

            “Damn Minah,” Ahra grumbled before returning Kyungsoo’s smile with a thudding heart “hello!”

            “So…” Kyungsoo trailed off as Ahra looked at him expectantly “you’re coming today evening right?” his demeanor was full of hope.

            “Yeah, I’m coming. I’m sure Kang has given you a lot of work knowing her. I’ll try and help you!” Ahra replied as Kyungsoo’s face fell before he smiled yet again.

            “Excellent! I look forward to seeing you at Nemo’s. Five right?” he asked again as Ahra looked for a wall to bang her head against due to her inability to take the cuteness of the smile he shot her before running towards a noisy table. A cheer erupted from the table before silence reigned over it.

            “Weird chaps.” Minah suddenly popped up beside Ahra spooning cereal into , Donghae stood behind her grinning like a little kid before saying “hi, I’ve gotta go now bye!” and scampering off to a post graduate student filled table.

            “Shall we go back to our table ins

Please log in to read the full chapter