Cannonballs and Confrontations

Crack Campus Chronicles
Please log in to read the full chapter

Minah stepped out of the showers in the changing room dressed in her swimsuit feeling excessively awkward. This was her first time swimming in the college swimming pool and all of the sudden the swim suit felt all too short. She tugged at the swimming cap and felt in snap against her forehead.

            “Ouch.” Her voice echoed in the silent room as the room beside filled with noise and chatter. The boys timing was about to end so the men’s changing room was filled with shirtless boys yelling at each other and slapping each other with their towels. Or just generally being stupid.

            “I think it was damn stupid to ask Donghae to help me you know?” Jongin’s familiar voice filtered through the vent.

            Minahs’s ears perked up as she walked towards the wall separating the two changing rooms.

            “What makes you say that?” another voice faintly reached her ears. It sounded strongly like Minseok, the cute lad who made her coffee at the student café. She pressed her ear against the wall hoping to god that sound passed through walls.

            And felt stupid after a couple of seconds.

            “Well, no offence to him. He’s damn nice to everyone.” Kai continued as Minah strained her ears. His voice muffled as she imagined a towel over his head.

            “That’s not a bad thing idiot.” Luhan’s voice reprimanded.

            “Let him finish Lu.” Minseok interrupted.

            Minah groaned in frustration. She could barely hear a thing. She looked around the changing room desperately to see the lockers right next to her. She took a deep breath.

            “Dambi is right. I’m an idiot.”

            She quickly began scaling up the lockers and straining her ear.

            “Well…” Jongin paused.

            “Would you continue? I’m not standing on lockers for no reason you dimwit!” Minah hissed, her feet beginning to hurt and her swim suit was starting to ride up much to her panic.

            “I think he’s gay.”

            Minah’s grip on the metal slipped but she held on tight. What? What the hell was Jongin talking about?

            “You do realize that this is the boss you’re talking about? The football team captain.” Minseok gasped as Minah nodded in agreement.

            “That’s a very wild accusation Jongin, what do you have to back that up?” Luhan demanded.

“Like I said, he’s nice to everyone. And remember his thing with Lee Hyukjae before Hyukjae passed out of college?”  Jongin continued.

“I heard they were close, yes.” Minseok nodded as Minah’s face crinkled, she had heard of the famous senior, but for his dancing and football skills.

“Very close Minseok.”

“So?”

“He ignores all female attention. You know how many girls are head over heels for him.”

“That’s true.” Luhan conceded.

“He has a soft spot for Minseokkie here.” Jongin’s voice muffled.

“HEY! Don’t drag me into your gay o!”  Minseok exclaimed as a whack resounded and Jongin’s painful hiss followed. Minah’s eyes widened.

“It’s true though”

“LU!”

“Sorry.”

“But you’ve seen how he is…you know.” Jongin sighed.

“I do?” Luhan questioned.

“He’s gay man!”

“Calm your ti-, wait you don’t have any.” Minseok chuckled making Luhan snort.

“Idiot.”

“So basically he’s of no use with Dambi?”

“Kind of, he chooses to bond over dancing.” Jongin sighed, frustrated.

“Seriously?” Luhan’s voice muffled and someone burped in the background. Minah had a strong urge to face palm but feared for her life (concussion from falling off a locker is not cool).

“Yeah, I’ve yet to have a good talk about girls with him. He’s not mentioned s, butts or anything in a conversation.” Jongin jabbered away, as two shocked gasps followed.

“Wow. That’s weird man.” Minseok said sounding rather blank.

“You’ve convinced me.” Luhan declared.

“I’m iffy about it man.” Minseok sounded rather unconvinced.

“BOYS! GET OUT OF THE CHANGING ROOMS!” The coach yelled as they scampered out of the room while Minah lost her balance at the sudden shout and landed on the ground. Her brain was frozen Donghae was gay? She was head over heels with a man who liked men?

“Well done Minah. Add that to the massive book of failures.” She banged her head against the locker “Stupid stupid stupid stupid only you are capable of doing something so stupid. Gay? Really Minah, this is worse than liking that guy who liked your best friend. Wait, that’s every time. Except this time he’d probably like your best guy friend!” her forehead was starting to hurt as it was abused by the locker. She got up and took a deep breath before stepping out of the changing room and racing towards the pool and cannonballing herself into it ignoring the coach’s screams not to.

She would get over this.

***

“YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ENTER THE ROOM! I DO NOT APPROVE OF YOUR DECISION!” Ahra yelled, holding the door shut as Minah knocked on it for the millionth time.

            “But he’s…” Minah said weakly as her stubborn roommate glared holes at her through the wood.

            “I disapprove. You barely know the guy.”

            “But he’s nice!”

            “Donghae only!”

            “Donghae’s gay!”

            “Speculations! He looked like a kicked puppy when you ignored him today!”

            “I’m trying to get over him! Open the damn door Ahra!”

            “I only will if you tell me that you don’t find Kim Joonmyeon interesting!”

            “But he is! He is hilarious…”

            “NO!” the door locked.

            “Are we still arguing about the whole Donghae thing?” Haneul’s voice cut in as She and Dambi approached the

Please log in to read the full chapter