After Effects.

Crack Campus Chronicles
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Did you hear?” Haneul sat down next to Minah who was voraciously consuming her breakfast.

 

“Hear what?”

 

“Kai told Dambi he likes her.”

 

Minah’s spoon fell in the bowl as she turned around as she stared at the person sitting next to her wide-eyed. “You’re joking.” She gaped as Haneul shrugged as she yawned. Minah looked at her bowl thoughtfully before announcing her discovery.

 

“Ahra didn’t come back till late last night.”

 

Haneul’s head shot up “When?”

 

“Way after the curfew siren.” Minah replied, her eyes roaming over the cafeteria only to lock with a familiar pair on a handsome face. Donghae shot her a quick smile before ducking behind the newspaper causing the table around him to burst into laughter. Haneul nudged Minah back to her senses as Dambi and Ahra walked in, looking rather sleepy and surprised when the other two shot them a knowing look which followed them all the way around the hall. Dambi cracked first.

 

“What?”

 

“Sooo.” Minah wiggled her eyebrow.

 

“What?” Ahra shot back as Haneul smirked.

 

“Well, you’re the one who came way after the curfew, so you should know.”

 

“W-wha-no.” Ahra instantly turned red.

 

“You did?” Dambi turned to Ahra as Minah chuckled.

 

“What about you Dambi? I heard you finally got the message from Jongin. Love is in the air.” She sang, as Dambi glared at Haneul.

 

“It’s awkward.” Dambi replied, turning red as Ahra stared at her in shock.

 

“This is more surprising than Kyungsoo…” she stopped herself, as the three leaned in to the news they were dying to hear.

 

“Confessing?” Haneul asked wide eyed.

 

“Kissing?” Minah gaped.

 

“Banging?” Dambi ended, each with a stunned expression as Ahra glared at Dambi.

 

“Well…”

 

“He did her. My poor baby roommate is no longer a baby.” Minah concluded, flailing around in what seemed to be a mixture of pride and shock.

 

“What?! No! Yours and Haneul’s guesses are right!” Ahra held down the flailing girl as the other two gasped.

 

“Woah! That boy with his one-track-mind.” Dambi nodded admiringly as Haneul’s eyes filled with proud tears.

 

“Fly away CR on your wings of loooove~”

 

“Shut up Haneul. What happened with Dambi?” Ahra quickly changed the topic.

 

“It’s awkward.” Dambi repeated.

 

“He said he liked you, what’s awkward about that?” Minah raised her eyebrow.

 

“I didn’t expect it.” Dambi deadpanned as everyone else facepalmed.

 

“Everyone else did.” Haneul clarified to the confused Dambi as they went on to explain how long Jongin had actually liked Dambi to her. Little did they know that they were being watched by four watchful pair of eyes, one hidden behind a newspaper and the other three openly gaping at the group or rather one member of the group as a sense of competition rose.
***
Dambi was still a little stunned by the abrupt confession along with the fact that Jongin had liked her for a rather long time. But things seemed to be falling into place like a jigsaw puzzle. But those weren't the only things falling. Dambi realized that she did grow immensely fond of the puppy-like man.

 

"Dambi." His familiar voice called her name causing her to jolt up and look at the very person she was thinking of. He stood there with a sheepish smile on his face. She stared at the smile, feeling a blush creep up her cheeks.

 

"Hey." She replied curtly, as he looked taken aback before he stammered.

 

"S-sorry about yester

Please log in to read the full chapter