Drama within Drama

Crack Campus Chronicles
Please log in to read the full chapter

Minah sniffled slightly due to the cold she had caught from not drying off after the rain. Donghae had insisted on talking to her about the details of the match she had missed out on (on purpose) and openly wondered why she had not come for the previous two football matches. She sniffled yet again as she made her way from her block to the class room. Ahra had left earlier due to being called by some random professor (perks of being a CR?) while Haneul and Dambi had gone for breakfast.

            Minah never missed breakfast but today was an exception.

            “Hey, you ready?” Joonmyeon asked as she approached, handing her a take away cup of macchiato.

            “I don’t want to go to class.” She grumbled as he smiled at her while hesitantly placing his hand on her shoulder, she quickly looked at him. 

            “We have an entire day at the city after this class!” he smiled enthusiastically as she nodded, cheering up a little whilst taking a sip of her bitter coffee into which Joonmyeon had stirred half a sachet of sugar. Just the way she liked it.

            “Feel better? Donghae was really stupid to keep you out that day.” He asked, as they entered the performing arts studio for their class on World Drama.

            “Its fine,” she weakly smiled at Joonmyeon’s concern “thanks for your jacket.” She said remembering how Joonmyeon had instantly stripped out of his jacket and thrown it around her shoulders before whacking Donghae on the head and ordering him to get an umbrella.

            “She could get sick!” he had said while Donghae laughed.

            “Don’t worry, she’s strong!”

            “Jesus Donghae, everyone is susceptible to colds!”

            “Alright! Alright! I’m going!”

            Joonmyeon looked at her softly as the two took seats next to each other and she downed her coffee before rummaging in her bag for her notebook. She produced his jacket from the depths of her backpack, tucking back the stubborn hair and handing it to him with a smile.

            “Thanks again!” she smiled as he pressed it back in her hands.

            “Keep it.”

            “Joonie, it’s yours.” She said seriously, placing it on his lap.

            He hesitantly placed his hand on it, before tucking it back into his bag. She seemed to look cuter in it than he did.

            “So, what tickets did you get?” she asked excitedly as he brightened up.

            “The Phantom of the Opera!” he announced watching her face light up.

            “I’ve always wanted to watch that musical! How much do I owe you for the tickets?” she asked curiously as Joonmyeon was taken aback.

            “Don’t even think about paying for your ticket.” He said with a sense of finality which ensured that Minah couldn’t argue with it.

            “But…”

            “Nope.”

            “Joon…”

            “Minah, no.”

            “Damn it. I’m paying for lunch!” she announced as Joonmyeon laughed. There was no way in hell she was going to pay for anything that day he decided as the professor entered the classroom. He was going to make Minah as happy as he could.

***

The two took the college shuttle to the city as their college campus was situated in the outskirts of the city. Minah was happy to see her close friends in the bus, but told them she had plans and sat beside Joonmyeon.

She was sleepy as hell after an extremely dull class of World Drama and the cold wasn’t helping either. She yawned, covering and declined Joonmyeon’s offer to share his earphones with her.

“Are you sleepy?” he asked softly smiling at her as she nodded childishly “do you want to rest against my shoulder?” he nodded towards his shoulder as her eyes widened.

“Ah, no no, it’s alright!”  She shook her head before yawning again making him laugh.

“It’s alright Minah.” He said, offering her his shoulder again as she very reluctantly placed her head on it. It was extremely comfortable, the slow swaying of the bus lulled Minah off to sleep as people watched the two sitting next to each other.

“Good lord he’s red in the face!” Ahra observed Joonmyeon attempting to go through his iPod without hitting the hyperventilation button.

“He looks hilarious!” Dambi chuckled as Haneul shot the two a disapproving chuckle.

“Joonie’s getting in on!” Chanyeol chuckled from behind the three making them jump and turn to see Chanyeol and Sehun sitting next to each other. The former sent all of them a huge smile while Sehun selectively gave Haneul a tiny smile which she returned.

“Are they dating though?” she asked, turning to Ahra who shrugged.

“Considering what she’s wearing, I doubt it.”

“Typical Minah, wearing flip flops and leaving her hair in a braid.” Dambi observed as Joonmyeon rested his head on Minah’s

Please log in to read the full chapter