Arts and Injuries.

Crack Campus Chronicles
Please log in to read the full chapter

Haneul crept across the college to her secret hiding place with her books tucked in her arms. She had a test to study for the next day and was sure that the library would be full of hoodlums wreaking havoc (unlike what a library should really be). This was rather obvious because the library was the only place with a faster wifi connection than the rest of them campus. What people didn’t know that the Visual Arts studio had a faster wifi connection as well as an extremely peaceful environment.

 

            Haneul wouldn’t have it any other way.

 

            She went past the academic block to the slightly secluded arts block where the Visual Arts studio was. Taking the steps down she walked past a tiny garden and to the large studio whose door was always bolted, only this time it wasn’t.

 

            “Is someone inside?” she wondered out aloud before pushing the door open to see blonde hair bobbing behind a large piece of drawing paper attached to a drawing board. Haneul froze wondering why someone else had found her secret study place. All of the sudden Kris’s head emerged from behind the drawing paper and studied her.

 

            “Haneul?” he smiled as Haneul stared at the handsome face.

 

            “What are you doing here?” was the first thing she babbled out as Kris leaned against the chair behind him, crossing his arms.

 

            “Why can’t I be hereeeeeeee?” he slid backwards along with the chair, his tall frame losing its balance before he supported himself on the table. Haneul didn’t know whether to laugh or panic.

 

            “You okay?” she asked, setting her books down as he coolly pushed his hair back.

 

            “Completely intentional slipping; you study here?”

 

            “Right,” she chuckled before nodding in reply “never knew you were into the artsy stuff.” She commented, eyeing the drawing board and paper turned away from her.

 

            “I like to believe I’m an artist, I barely get to practice anymore.” He sighed sadly as he pointed at some of the stuff in the art room. Haneul followed his indications to beautiful paintings, bright colors, and wonderfully sketched drawings. She turned back to him only to have his shrug “I’ve become rather rusty right now.”

 

            “Okay, show me what you’ve drawn.” She grinned at the boy who drew back and hid the drawing paper.

 

            “Not until I’m done!”

 

            Haneul sighed as a small smile spread across her lips before she settled down and opened her books. Kris was a distraction just by breathing, but she had already gotten there, she was too lazy to leave. She looked into her textbook taking a deep breath.

 

            “What are you studying?”

 

            As expected from the curious Kris.

 

            “Physics.” She replied turning back to the textbook, trying to ignore the rolled up sleeves, the trail of paint across his forearm or the charcoal smudges on the ends of his long fingers.

 

            “You know what long fingers mean.” She remembers Dambi and Minah chuckling at her.

 

            “I have idiot ert friends.” She grumbled to herself before staring back at the textbook like it would suddenly rise up and tap dance while singing its contents.

 

            “What?” Kris enquired, dropping everything and walking towards her, swinging himself onto the table she was sitting at, accidently swiping red paint on himself in the process.

 

            “.”

 

            Haneul laughed watching the ever calm (and often cocky) giant panicking over the stained shirt.

 

            “Just wash it off at the tap there!” she said between laughs as he zoomed off towards the tap to do as she said. He looked like a headless chicken running around the studio squawking (in his deep voice) about how it had been a gift from Tao and how Tao would have his blood for ruining it.

 

            He heaved a sigh of relief when the paint had finally washed off the edge of his shirt before he quickly calmed down and approached Haneul again.

 

            “Yes?” he seemed hopeful.

 

            “I never said anything.” Haneul replied blankly as his face fell and he returned to his work interrupting Haneul’s great concentration with “marvelous work Kris!” “Just a dab of colour don’t you think?”

 

            “Kris, this better be good for all the interruption.” Haneul glared at the handsome giant as he spun around and very confidently said:

 

            “It will blow your mind!” before walking off to rinse all the art products and sitting down beside her.

 

            “What are you doing?” Haneul asked, feeling very distracted by the warm breaths down her neck as Kris peeked into her textbook.

 

            “You got this wrong,” he reached over to take the pen from her hand as Haneul took a deep breath and the smell of cologne mixed very faintly with water colours entered her nostrils along with the life giving oxygen. Not that she was complaining. His fingers wound around hers to pry the pen out of them before jotting down the right answer on her notebook.

 

            Haneul wasn’t paying attention. The only thing she could feel was the warmth of the person pressed up against her side as she looked at him and he looked back at her, there was barely any space between the two. She could feel his breaths mix with hers and his eyes bore into hers. felt a little too dry as she gulped noisily.

 

            Kris quickly shifted back before clearing his throat and a faint blush

Please log in to read the full chapter