Score!

Crack Campus Chronicles
Please log in to read the full chapter

“How come you called me here Sehun?” Haneul asked, as she sat down on the seat opposite his at the café. Dambi eyed the two suspiciously as she grabbed her mug of coffee from Minseok, who shot her a smile which she returned.

 

“Nothing, just wanted to hang out.” Sehun replied leaning back in the seat uncomfortably.

 

“Do you have issues with your homework?” Haneul asked, knowing Sehun often needed it and pestered Kris (she’s heard multiple complaints from the man) to help him out. In fact, it was rather weird seeing him without Yixing or Kris around. Sehun frowned.

 

“What? No.”

 

“It’s weird, you asking me to hang out though.”  Haneul shrugged as Sehun felt a little miffed.

 

“Well, I have now.”

 

“It’s cool.” Haneul leaned back as Luhan walked over to take their orders. There wasn’t much conversation between the two as Haneul was exhausted from the weeks work and Sehun wasn’t exactly brilliant at conversing. They sipped on their drinks as Minseok took off, waving goodbye to everyone and asking them to get their butts to the match that evening.

 

“So, you’re going?” Sehun finally ended the silence.

 

“Of course, it’s our semifinal match. I have some college spirit.” Haneul replied, relieved at the end of the silence.

 

“I hope we beat those guys, they’re a bunch of dunderheads from what I’ve heard.”

 

“Let’s not underestimate them though.” Haneul commented as Sehun shook his head.

 

“Hopefully our captain doesn’t muck up, we nearly lost last time.”

 

Haneul pursed her lips “Well, our captain was injured last time Sehun along with another player. We won facing these difficulties.”

 

“Hopefully we don’t win that way again.” Sehun downed the rest of his drink, singeing his tongue in the process. Haneul laughed.

 

“Sehun! You’re such a baby! Jonghyun, could you please get him some cold water?”

 

Sehun stared at Haneul slightly offended by the statement as the window next to the two slid open. Yixing and Kris’ head popped in.

 

“Hey guys!” Yixing chirped as Haneul nearly jumped in shock.

 

“Hey!” she replied, smiling widely at the two as Sehun watched, realizing how little he knew about her. Maybe it was all infatuation, he wondered, standing up and nodding towards the football field.

 

“Well, shall we slowly make our way there?”

 

“Yeah,” Kris eyed Sehun’s placid face “we’ll come along.” Haneul smiled at the two, feeling rather uncomfortable under Sehun’s gaze.

 

“Drink that water Sehun, it’ll soothe your tongue.” She said, picking up her bag and waiting for him to down the water. Feeling rather childish, Sehun did so and saw Haneul waiting for him along with Yixing as Kris. It was at this moment that he realized that it would have never worked out between them. Sighing, he followed the three towards the football field where a large banner with the college emblem on it fluttered in the breeze.

 

Kris caught hold of Haneul’s arm as they descended down the uneven slope which lead them onto the lush green grass of the field. Students had begun gathering around the benches, eager to watch the semi-finals which would lead to the college almost qualifying for the national inter college games. Yixing on the other hand caught hold of her bag which nearly swung off her arm as she tripped on the muddy surface.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter