Drop the Base.

Crack Campus Chronicles
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It was about 10:45 when Haneul had shoved Dambi out of their shared room and asking her to hurry to the dance studio. Haneul herself had had a rather busy day and would have liked to have forgotten the events that had taken place.

 

It had started off normally. She had visited Minah in the infirmary with a cup of coffee supplied to her by Donghae who had requested her to give it to Minah before bolting off to class. Only to have the nurse grabbing the coffee and tossing it away saying it was unhealthy for Minah (if only Minah had heard that). After her brief visit, she rushed off to class only to be stopped by Sehun on the way.

 

“Uhm, I kinda need your help,” He said looking shyly at her and holding up a tube of burn relief gel “results of trying to do the splinter test on my own.” He looked down while showing her an angry red patch of skin on his right hand. Haneul looked at him suspiciously as he looked away, his lips.

 

“I can’t do it properly with my left hand.” He explained as Haneul nodded, not buying his excuse at all.

 

“Sure,” She sighed, unscrewing the cap only to have it explode on her hands and slightly onto his pants. She took three steps back only to have the white cream drip down her hand “!”

 

Well this was awkward considering what this could possibly look like. She could even imagine Minah’s teasing face screaming “! BYUNTAE! ERTS!” She quickly reached into her bag for something that she could use to wipe her hands with. Sehun handed her his handkerchief.

 

“Sorry, might have been cause I was sitting on the tube.”

 

Haneul didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. She wiped most of the cream off her hands and gently dabbed a little on the burn on Sehun’s skin. He smiled at her.

 

“You should become the first aid person.”

 

“Isn’t that burn a day old?” Haneul chuckled as Sehun paled while Haneul dusted her hands and waved to him before making her way to her class “I’ll see you around Sehun, take care of yourself, don’t go near fires and don’t sit on tubes.”

 

Haneul laughed at the memory of Sehun’s stunned face. Sometimes he reminded her of a lost childish puppy and on other times slightly of Mr. Darcy (the latter being very very very occasionally and in only a few aspects). She hoped no one else had been a witness to that awkward situation.

 

 She threw herself on her bed before wondering what could possibly be going on between Dambi and Jongin in the dance studio.

 

“I hope they don’t destroy the sanctity of the place.”

 

***

 

Dambi pushed the studio door open wondering why the hell she had agreed to do this. She could be doing so many other useful things in life. Like being a potato or reading, or breathing. Why was Jongin’s sudden charisma so intriguing though? Why did she want to see it again? She hoped he wouldn’t disappoint her though.

 

The sound of her shoes on the wood echoed through the empty studio as Jongin scrambled to his feet, his face red and flustered.

 

“You came?”

 

Dambi stood frozen not knowing how to answer him.

 

“You asked me to didn’t you?” she replied closing the door behind her.

 

Curiosity definitely killed the cat.

 

            Jongin came closer with a shy smile on his face before slowly grasping her wrist and placing a remote control in her hand before ushering her to the chair set out for her.

 

            “Change the song according to your wish, feel free to pause it and correct me anywhere.” He softly instructed her before making his way to the center of the room. Dambi stared at the remote in her hands. It was almost like she had the power to control the man in front of her. She was going to push the button till he reached his edge and expose that mysterious side of his to her. His dark eyes fixed themselves on her. Were they always this intense? She wondered as she surveyed him stretching.

 

            “Is everything okay?” Jongin’s voice filtered into her foggy brain. She blinked for a second before nodding.

 

            “Yeah. You ready?”

 

            “Always.” He replied, a small smile spreading across his lips as his eyes met hers in an intense and passionate gaze. Dambi raised the remote and pressed the “play” button.

 

            A slow ballad filtered in through the speakers as the intensity in Jongin’s eyes mellowed

Please log in to read the full chapter