Of Recording Devices and Almost DISCOs

Crack Campus Chronicles
Please log in to read the full chapter

Of course she had no idea what she was doing, it was stupid, she was damn sure it was one of the stupidest things she’s done in her life. But here she was standing in the staff room with a bag full of little gadgets that guaranteed the best spy experience.

“Come on Ahra, you can do this. Just a little more,” She mumbled to herself, standing on her tip toes as she attempted to glue the recording device onto the corner of the wall. “Why did I listen to Minah on this, why the heck did I think this was a brilliant idea.” She grumbled, still trying to complete her mission while the staffroom was empty. But gravity had other ideas as it pulled Ahra into its embrace. A loud thump resounded in the room.

“My ,” she whined, rubbing the sore part only to feel pain shooting up her arm “great, even better.” She groaned, as her palm met her forehead. She looked up and saw that the recording device had managed to stay on the wall. A sense of success rose in her.

“Oh Ahra, what on earth are you doing in the staff room?” a sharp voice barked at her as she rolled over from her position on the floor and stared up at her favourite professor looking down at her.

“Ah, Professor Kang, uhm, I was, uhm, looking for you and I…tripped?” she watched the Professor’s face soften as she nodded her head to the door where an extremely familiar person stood. Ahra took a quick glance before wishing the ground would swallow her whole.

“So, what did you want to ask me?” Professor Kang asked, as Ahra wrenched her eyes off the intruder before fixing it back on the teacher who continued to look at her.

“I was told that, you had…some work for me?” Ahra jabbered, it was the first thing that came to her in the moment. She couldn’t really say “Well, I was here to find out what you profs gossip about us in the staff room. Minah thinks you guys are bigger gossip mongers than us and I wanted to know.” Damn Minah, feeding people with stupid ideas like this.

Trust Ahra to go through with it.

“Who told you this? I know you’re class rep, but don’t overwork yourself.” Professor Kang smiled back, giving the short girl an approving look. Ahra heaved a sigh of relief, before vowing never to sit next to Minah ever again.

Like that would ever work out.

Excusing herself out of the staff room, Ahra sped towards her classroom, ignoring the figure that had just left the staffroom to make it to his own. The bell rang as Ahra reached the classroom wheezing and cursing the college for dumping the humanities students on the third floor of the building on the other end of the campus.

“Did you do it?” Minah asked, her face planted on the table and her voice muffled. Her curls spread round her head in Medusa form trapping most of the sound coming out.

“She can’t hear you idiot,” Dambi piped in blandly before turning back to Ahra “were you an idiot too?” she questioned while the mop of head nodded violently into the table.

“What do you mean by that?”

“Did you go stick a recorder in the staff room?” Haneul rolled her eyes, taking a seat next to Dambi.

“It’s always a surprise to see the science kid sit through English especially during a free hour.” Dambi said, raising her eyebrow.

“You say that every class.” Haneul replied, yawning as Ahra cleared .

“I managed to do it.”

Silence.

“What?” Minah’s head was finally off the table.

Please log in to read the full chapter