Chapter 3

You Exist In My Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘You live here?’ He asked, looking around the garden. We were passing by the fountain when he stopped in his tracks, glancing at the surroundings.

‘Yeah.’ I shrugged, showing him that we should get going. ‘Mrs. Lee is awaiting us.’ I opened the door waiting for him to get a grip of himself. ‘Coming?’ I was getting impatient. He simply nodded and rushed in the direction of the entrance. When we finally went into the house, I threw my bag on the floor and took off my shoes, I then ran to the kitchen to greet our housekeeper and, of course, to ask about food. I told Jimin to follow me so he wouldn’t make any trouble.

‘Mrs. Lee!! I’m hooome!’ I shouted entering the dining room.

‘I’m coming, sweetie.’ She spoke loud enough to be audible.

‘Sweetie… nice.’ Jimin chuckled. ‘ I’m gonna call you that from now on.’ He winked at me. Don’t. Just don’t do that. It makes me uncomfortable. It reminds me of how attractive he is and I can’t think about his attractiveness cause I’m supposed to dislike him.

‘No.’ I stated as I waited for Mrs Lee to bring me… da food.

‘Hello there, sweet… aww you brought a friend. A male friend.’ She wiggled her eyebrows and I wanted to kill myself. My cheeks reddened and to hide my embarrassment I looked down, covering my face with hair.

‘Good afternoon.’ He bowed politely, smiling cutely at her. I swear to…

‘Good afternoon to you too. What a nice boy!’ She was so smitten with Jimin that she even forgot about my presence.

‘Um… sorry to interrupt but… I’m kind of hungry.’ Yes, I know, I’m a kill-joy. But they can go on a date after I get something to eat. Although I don’t know how Mr. Lee would react. I was imagining all the possible scenarios of his reaction when I felt someone elbowing me slightly. I turned my attention to the intruder. Just as I thought - it was Jimin.

‘What?’ I moved away to avoid his touch. We’re not that close, nigga. Heck, we’re not close at all!

‘Did you even hear what she said?’ He flashed me a bright smile, looking at me as if I had something on my face. I looked away, not wanting to come under his darn spell.

‘Umm… no.’ I muttered.

‘We’re supposed to go to your room and wait for the food there.’ He wiggled his eyebrows at me. Why u do dis, boy? Is it some kind of a contest? How to ruin my life in ten steps. I’m sure it is.

‘Not my room but the studio.’ I rolled my eyes and started walking, then turned back for a second to check if he was behind me or decided to stay and chat with my housekeeper.

‘I’m here, no worries.’ He smirked. Why is he acting like this? It’s not like I’m showing any interest in him.

‘Whatever.’ I shrugged and led him to the studio, where everything was prepared earlier. My DJ console was in the middle and my desk was emptied. It was clean and there wasn’t any rubbish near the desk which was weird for me. Usually the desk area would be full of paper balls and water bottles. ‘Welcome to my kingdom.’ I felt at ease. It was my favourite place on Earth. If I could, I’d spend my whole life in here.

‘So you can smile…’ Jimin looked at me, showing his attractive profile. Of course I can smile… wait, did I really smile? I didn’t remember sending the brain information about smiling. Maybe it’s simply caused by the atmosphere in the room and the fact that this is my studio where I can create music.

‘Yeah… umm let’s get to work.’ I ordered, Jimin didn’t protest so we sat on the floor, where I would be normally sitting and I took my laptop, connecting to the internet. ‘I thought about remixing this.’ Jamie T’s song – Emily’s heart started playing and I mouthed the lyrics. I just adore the song!

‘I won’t sing in English.’ He started complaining. And I thought the project would go smoothly. Oh how wrong I was!

‘Why? Don’t you sing in English?’ I made a sarcastic comment.

‘But it’s different. Those are only single words or simple sentences, not a whole song.’ He was calm and was still smiling at me. Why is he so calm and nice when I’m grumpy. It doesn’t make any sense.

‘Then I’ll remix, sing and you’ll be just looking good in the video. I’ll ask my friend to dance… so you won’t have to do anything special.’ I started checking emimusic’s page and reading news on BBC’s side, when he spoke again.

‘I’m a lead dancer. I can dance pretty well… plus I can sing. Can’t we pick a Korean song?’ He took his Ipod and was doing something on it. A minute later from his device played a song – G-Dragon – Crooked. ‘For example this one?’ His gaze was soft and beamed with niceness. I didn’t know how to respond to his behaviour. At one hand, I wanted to hug him, but on the other, I was aware that our ‘relation’ - or whatever it is – will end as soon as the project is done.

The rhythm is catchy and I like the lyrics. But it’s still not my style. I’m looking for something original, for something that I’d feel, something that would strike me.

‘Well… it’s alright, but that’s not it.’ I shook m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter