Chapter 10

You Exist In My Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘What the actual heck?!’ I was really surprised when I got invited to the party, but now, I was standing at a pool, observing all those people drinking and dancing chaotically. Have I already mentioned that parties are madness? Yes? Then let me repeat, this is puuuuure madness. I felt lost, disgusted and speechless.
‘Do you like it here?’ I heard Calum’s voice. Well… at least he was here, right? I turned to face him and wore a fake smile.
‘Yeah, pretty much… however I prefer quieter places.’ I took a sip of my apple juice and saw the Kai guy talking with a girl. Gotcha, I knew he was a player.
‘You don’t like parties?’ Ashton approached us and flashed me a smile. I nodded, looking at him. ‘That’s really weird.’ He chuckled slightly.
‘So… why do you like our music?’ Luke spoke, gaining my attention.
‘Hmm… because of the drums.’ I blushed and laughed awkwardly. ‘Because of the vocals… of the guitars… and well, it’s kinda catchy.’ I shrugged. I’m a socially awkward penguin, really. Here I am, standing in front of them, and all I can say is that I like their voices and instruments. Well, that sounded wrong!
‘She’s cute, isn’t she?’ I immediately darted my eyes at the owner of the voice and was faced with staring Kai. Is this guy serious? I sighed internally and just brushed off the uncomfortable feeling.
'Excuse me, I need to go... I'm thirsty.' They looked at me as if I was the dumbest person ever and then their eyes wandered to the cup of juice I was holding. Right, that wasn't really the smartest thing to say. 'Uhh... I want Coke for a change.' I laughed awkwardly and quickly escaped from their doubting gazes, squeezing my way through the sweaty and definitely drunk crowd of dancing people. Finally, I got to the bar and breathed a sigh of relief. Seriously, how can anybody enjoy this kind of wild and unpredictable partying. It's totally out of control and I can bet some of these people are going to regret coming here first thing in the morning. I sat at a stool in front of the bar and returned to scanning the dance floor with evident bewilderment. I'll never understand it, so might as well give up and enjoy my juice... or Coke. I finished the juice in one go and asked the barman to fill the cup with Coke. At least it won't be a total lie now. Someone came near and took a seat next to me. I eyed him and sighed. It was of course Kai smiling at me. Can't he find some other girl to bother? There's plenty of volunteers as I can see. From time to time a pretty girl would send him an inviting smile, but he ignored them and stayed with guys from 5sos or, unfortunately, me.
'You're not enjoying yourself much, are you?' He turned to me and propped his head on his elbow. It would be much easier to ignore him if he wasn't so handsome and cute. I tried to turn my attention elsewhere, but no matter where I looked it was either a disturbingly ual dance of a couple or another one having a make-out session in every corner. Not a pleasant thing to look at if it seems like they're about to have in the middle of the dance floor or devour each other. Ugh, someone help me, I'm gonna throw up. I scrunched up my face and turned back to look at Kai. At least he's not evoking any waves of nausea when I see him.
'Well, as you can see, I'm enjoying my drink.' I grabbed the cup the barman served me in the meantime.
'Coca Cola can hardly be called a proper drink at a party like this.' He raised his eyebrow smirking at me. Don't you dare smirk at me like that. For a moment I stared at his flawless smile, then I cleared my throat and met his eyes instead that were gazing at me with amusement.
'Maybe for you, I'm perfectly satisfied with it.' I downed my Coke. I need to leave him if I want to keep my cool. 'Sorry, nature is calling.' I stated and quickly made my way towards the bathroom. That was a lie, but I certainly needed a little bit of peace and quiet. My head was starting to throb with the loud music that was echoing in my ears. I entered the room and was faced with another couple eating each other up. Yuck, disgusting. I changed my mind. I returned to the main room with an intention to leave this damn place and never come back, but then I realised I have no idea how to get back home. As much as I didn't want to, I really had no choice but to ask Kai for help. I turned around and saw him leaning on the wall next to the door of the bathroom and staring at me with his eyebrow raised as if waiting for me to do something. Okaaay, that wasn't creepy at all. Can't really complain though, at least I didn't have to dive into this ocean of sweaty people again to look for him.
'Done with your 'call'?' Oh, you're so funny, boy, I forgot to laugh. I ignored his comment.
'Take me back to my hotel, I've had enough of this freaking party.' I sighed.
'At your service, my lady.' He mockingly bowed down like a butler. I just rolled my eyes and started walking towards the exit keeping to the walls and steering away from slimy couples in heat. This certainly had been one of the longest nights of my life. And it just started.

'Where do you need to get?' Kai asked, walking beside me.
'Umm...' I tried really hard to recall the name of the hotel. 'Park Hyatt!!' I almost shouted when finally it clicked in my mind. Wow, did the juice and Coke affect me that much? I shook my head and looked at said guy to guide me home. Namjoon was probably going insane because I was supposed to be back something like... hundred years ago. Or... he simply went to sleep, it was possible; we weren't that close after all. Anyway, it's really scary how I felt guilty for not showing up on time, when I shouldn't - he's here because of my dad, he can be out himself, not even bothering to spare a thought about me. Caring or not, I just wanted to go to sleep, because I already achieved what I wanted. I met 5SOS, I went to their concert and now I was just utterly exhausted.
'Wow you're rich, aren't you?' I almost forgot about this annoying figure next to me. Hadn't it been for that stupid party, I wouldn't have had to spend even a second longer with the player.
'Mind your own business.' I shrugged and continued walking when Kai stopped in his tracks abruptly. 'What now?' I raised an eyebrow at him, annoyed that he wasn't eagerly helping me. 'C'mon dancer boy, you help me get to the hotel and you'll see my face NEVER AGAIN.' I glared at him, but he just flashed me an arrogant smirk. I swear to Heaven I will punch him in the guts...
'First of all, don't be so harsh, remember it's me who knows how to get you home. Secondly, who said I don't want to see your face EVER AGAIN?' He smirked once again, watching my facial expression change from annoyed to dumbfounded and then angry.
'What...ever. It's not like you have a choice.' I murmured and rolled my eyes, waiting for him to start walking again.
'K, then bye.' He turned away and started walking in the opposite direction. Probably heading to the party. I nibbled on my lower lip and heaved a sigh, signaling that I was defeated.
'OKAY, DANCER BOY, WAIT!' I shouted and he turned again to face me, an evil smirk glued to his horrible and not-handome face. 'Uh... I'll be... nicer?' I wasn't convinced with my own words, but it seemed like he was. He caught up to me and wiggled his eyebrows playfully. Patience, I need patience, not to kill him.
'Kai.' He said after a minute of silence.
'Hm?' I pretended not to hear what he said.
'My name is Kai.' He replied calmly. If only I could have such power over my anger. It's not that I can't control it, I'm pretty good at it to be honest, I just... I hate people, that's all.
'Not that I care...' I said more to myself than to him. 'Kay. Thanks for the info.'
'And yours is...' He was looking at me intently and I didn't like it.
'Why do you even care?' I snapped at him, not realising how rude I was being.
'FYI, I do care about pretty girls.' He winked at me and I made a vomiting sound. It was as if Suga was standing in front of me, however Yoongi was more handsome and he was my frie- nope, not admitting it. Let's just say that Suga was someone I got used to.
'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter