Chapter 2

You Exist In My Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘For once, can you act your age? You’re not ten anymore.’ And here we go again. I was sitting in the dining room, waiting for Mrs Lee to bring my food. My dad decided to eat breakfast with me and here I am, sitting across the table, listening to my father’s speech about how immature I am.

‘I have only one year left and you still haven’t told me if I’m allowed to study you-know-where or not. So… I’m asking.’ I simply shrugged, observing our housekeeper placing a plate in front of my face. I inhaled the scent of hot chocolate and an apple tart. I’m not drooling… I hope.

‘Exactly, you still have one year. Why bother? Maybe you’ll just stay in Korea.’ Not again… I am so not staying in Korea. England is awaiting me, I feel it. I took a bite and the food felt like heaven. I wanted to dance out of joy and pleasure but of course couldn’t because then I’d be accused of being childish and apparently my father has some problems with my behaviour.

‘Whatever… anyway, I was assigned to do a project for my composing classes…’ I started innocently. ‘Would it be possible for me and my… uhh… partner to use our in-home studio?’ If he starts complaining, I swear to God I’ll leave. I’m ready to sacrifice the delicious breakfast just to avoid his gabbing.

‘Hm… composing classes, aren’t they your favourite?’ He asked instead. I only nodded, munching on my tart. Oh my… this is seriously the best thing I’ve eaten…. today. ‘Sure you can, and with whom are you doing it?’ He looked at me curiously. Probably hoping that I’d make some friends, my dad is hopeless.

‘Umm… we have these new kids… I was assigned to work with one of them.’ I let out a heavy sigh, letting my father know that I ain’t happy about it. ‘His name’s… Park… Park… Jimin.’ I snapped my fingers, proud that I could recall his name but then I noticed my father’s face. Was he… smirking?

‘Jimin, you say.’ Oh no, he’s come up with some stupid ideas as always. No, please, father… drop it. ‘You know that Jimin is a member of BTS?’ And then everything was clear. I remembered Yoonhee blabbering about my dad’s new band BTS and that they were ‘super hot’ and two of them would be attending classes with us. If my dad thinks that I’m gonna befriend those guys he’s wrong. I’ll finish the project and will see them never again. That was my plan.

‘Yeah I know. So what?’ I looked theatrically at the watch on my wrist and gasped. ‘Sorry, I need to go. See you later, bye.’ With that I grabbed a banana from the table and run out of the dining room. That was close. I breathed and got on the bicycle. At least he didn’t mind my going to school by bike.

~~

I got off the bike and as always left it in the bicycle rack. The school was rather peaceful today not counting Miyoung’s group sitting in front of the school, looking up and down every person that was entering it. My IPod was playing Riot by Three Days Grace as I was getting closer to the group. I turned the sound up to avoid their comments and to show them I didn’t want to talk to them. I did it every day and as always it didn’t work.

‘Our little Park Sun is approaching, girls.’ I could read from her lips. She said it every freaking time and it was the sign of trouble. I picked up the pace hoping that I’d be able to pass them by and be free from the sarcastic jabs. I was just about to enter the school when my books flew into the air and landed on the floor. I took my headphones off, throwing daggers at her.

‘Finally, did I have to do that to attract your attention?’ She pouted sneering at me.

‘Don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter