Chapter 17

You Exist In My Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘You promised me!’ I huffed irritated, because here I stood, praying that Yoon would drop the idea of me wearing a skirt. I begged, I shouted, I even tried to bribe her. Nothing. She dig her heels in and nothing, literally nothing could make her change her mind.

‘You’ll look gorgeous!’ She exclaimed dramatically which made me flinch. She was too enthusiastic  about the double date for my liking. However, knowing Yoon there was no way I could avoid it, she’d make me suffer for ages before she would finally forgive me for ditching Taehyung. Furthermore, I didn’t want to ditch him, he was a nice guy after all. He was fun to be around and I hoped he would make this whole event better by being his usual odd self.

‘No, Yoon. I’ll stick with shorts and a T-shirt. Please don’t try to convince me. I will not wear a skirt. That’s final.’ I stood in front of a huge mirror with arms crossed over my chest. I never was a girly type and she knew it. I didn’t understand why she wanted to change me so much. Ever since she started to date Baekhyun she became more self-aware and tried to be as girly as possible. At first I didn’t even notice it, she could do whatever she wanted with her outfits, she could even go around if that’s what she liked, I wasn’t one to forbid her. But that all changed when she started to tell me how I should take care of my skin and that if I took proper care of my skin and changed the way I dressed, I’d be an eye-candy. The problem was, though, I had no intentions of becoming an eye-candy. What’s more, after I heard that I became seriously worried about my friend and the way she valued other people’s opinions before her own comfort. I even wondered if I should talk to Baek about it and warn him that if he changes her against her will, I’d murder him in his sleep. You think I wouldn’t be able to do it? Yeah, I probably wouldn’t be able to kill somebody. Dang it.

‘Uh… okay. You’re so… hard to change.’ She mumbled to herself. Okay, that was not cool.

‘You’ve never had problems with me… you’ve never wanted to change me… did I become that unbearable?’ I raised a brow at her whilst one of my hands wandered to my hip. I looked like a displeased mother talking to a teenage daughter.

‘No…’ She sighed. ‘But I just don’t want you to end up alone. I don’t want you to be unhappy and feel left out, because I’ve found Baekhyun.’ She pouted. I couldn’t help but snort. She seriously thought I was this desperate and lonely?

‘Oh the irony, Yoon, I don’t need anybody. Not yet. We’re still young, I have my own plans which are my priority and I will never ever put any relationship before Manchester, you know it. When I broke up with Kai…’ I gulped. It was the first time since we broke up I talked about him. I didn’t want to bring him up because he was a stranger to me. I felt somewhat uncomfortable when I talked about him. It made me feel used and betrayed, I’ve gone through being lied to and betrayed once and I didn’t want to feel the disappointed ever again. That’s why I distanced myself from the dancing machine and pretended like I didn’t care. I didn’t care about our relationship, because there was no relationship to be honest. There were skype calls and two-hour long conversations, there were kisses and holding hands, but there was no trust neither was there any commitment although we tried to pretend as if there was. What hurt me the most was that people are all the same. That another person proved me that trust is dated. And so I was left with trust-issues and distaste towards Jongin. ‘Okay… so I came to an agreement… with myself, I know it sounds stupid, don’t laugh. So I came to an agreement with myself that I will not waste time trying to live a life of an irresponsible teenager who only worries about relationships and other unimportant things. I’m happy with all I have right now and I have to fulfil my dream, my father already agreed to me spending the whole summer in England, so… that’s my priority. Music is what matters the most to me. No offence, gurl, but fashion and flirting is not my style.’ I shrugged nonchalantly. I was so badass.

‘So you’re saying I’m a shallow irresponsible teenage girl?’ Yoon furrowed her brows and pursed her lips. She became defensive, uh oh that wasn’t good.

‘That’s not what I meant and you know it. I just said I have other priorities right now, so… please support me and don’t try to change me.’ I said seriously and looked at her. Yoon was looking into space probably trying to think of what else she should say but didn’t come up with anything as she only heaved a sigh. I saw her nod at me and I knew she gave up on trying to dress me up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter