Chapter 14

You Exist In My Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘No, dad… you don’t understand… I don’t want to do this!’ I half yelled half begged my father. The idea was stupid. The whole situation was ridiculous and I was in the centre of this madness.

‘Why not? It’s a good opportunity to be a part of something more professional.’ He only smiled at me and continued signing some papers and typing on his laptop. I did not want to do this, I didn’t ask for it. Why can’t he understand that this is not the way I want to achieve my own goals?

‘There are thousands of girls literally dying to be in my place, why don-‘ I tried to persuade him that dragging me into his business when I wasn’t even competent was not a good idea.

‘Exactly, there are thousands of girls, so feel special, because I chose you. Oh… when you see Mrs. Lee ask her to invite BTS over. She told me you’re great friends with them, so it will go even more smoothly.’ He said not even sparing me a look. Great, just great. Once again I was doing something against my will.

‘Okay, but I want something in exchange.’ I blurted out and my dad only arched an eyebrow at me.

‘Why not. Ask anything you want.’ He chuckled at his own joke. Very funny, father, very funny. I sighed and looked over at him.

‘I want your permission to study in Manchester.’ I crossed my arms and stared at my father, waiting for his reaction.

‘Anything but that.’ He flashed me a stern look and coughed to hid his annoyance with my pestering him about those studies.

‘Then what about student exchange for two or three months?’ I nearly begged and this time I wasn’t faced with immediate rejection. My father was visibly reflecting on this option and my eyes lit up with hope. He raised his eyes and looked me up and down as if examining my skills of living in the woods. Weird, huh?

‘Okay.’ He said calmly. I blinked rapidly and shook my head not believing he had agreed.

‘What?’ I raised an eyebrow at him. If he repeats what I thought he just said I’m seriously going to dance in front of him.

‘Yes, I agree. Happy?’ He smiled at me and I started jumping and dancing or more like moving and not thinking much about how smooth my moves were. I was ecstatic. It was like my dream finally came true, or a part of it. Nevertheless, I’ll get to go to Manchester for a couple of months, isn’t it great?! ‘But first, you’re gonna take part in the music video Jimin told you about.’ He reminded and my smile fell a bit. Oh, right. I nodded shortly and walked out of the room.

 

The next day was boring, it was this day of the week when I had maths and literature. I enjoy literature and I literally love Korean theatre; I can’t say the same about maths though. But now only lunch break separated me from my horror, from the most dreadful class ever made – dancing class. I made a perfect plan, I would eat a lot so I could tell the teacher I wasn’t feeling well later during the class. I bought a lot of food and headed to the usual place I would eat with Yoon… and the boys. Even though I didn’t want to see Jimin, I had no choice. He was now my friend.

‘Kai wrote to me on kakao talk.’ My best friend whined as she took a seat next to me.

‘Lol… why would he do that?’ I raised an eyebrow at her, munching on my meal.

‘He asked if you owned the school and if it would be possible for him to train under your dad’s company.’ She calmly stated but it resulted in me choking on the food anyway. I was having a small coughing session when I felt someone patting my back lightly.

‘Just like a child.’ I heard J-Hope’s voice and only glared at him. He retreated his hand almost immediately and sent me a confused look.

‘I’m the child now, huh? Who didn’t tell me that I’ll have to take part in their stupid M/V?’ I huffed frustrated and stuffed my mouth with the rest of the sandwich.

‘Uh… Jimin? Not me for sure.’ He grinned at me slyly, knowing that I wouldn’t come back at him, because technically everything he said was true and that made me even more annoyed.

‘Smarty pants.’ I mumbled looking at the second sandwich which was lying in front of me.

‘Talking about yourself, aren’t we?’ I heard Namjoon and chuckled at his childish response. He took a seat next to me and patted my head to which I pushed him away, frowning deeply. Touch everything but my hair, peasant.

‘You . You couldn’t even tell me straight in the eye that you’re making me act in this pointless video.’ I sighed defeated. The good thing is I got a deal with my father so not everything was that hopeless. Who knows, maybe in half a year I will be out of Korea, living a new, independent life. Oh how wonderful that sounds, doesn’t it?

‘Are you eating this sandwich?’ Yoongi asked and without waiting for my response took a bite.

‘Hey!! What if I was actually going to eat it?! Now it has your germs on it. Bleh. Gross.’ I narrowed my eyes at him, but he only shrugged.

‘You’re fat enough.’ He said in between taking bites and chewing. Now, now… did he just insult me?! I kicked his shin under the table and he winced, letting me know that it was painful. GOOD.

‘Anyway guys, never ever make Jimin share any kind of news with me. He scared me. I almost thought he’s gonna confess or something.’ I nearly flinched at the thought of him confessing to me. It’s not that I didn’t like him. He was my friend after all. But… exactly! He was a friend, not a boyfriend. And I’d rather it stayed like that.

‘What if I did though?’ I heard from behind and my blood ran cold.

‘PARK JIMIN, YOU FREAK! You don’t send one a text message that she’s gonna be the main girl character in a music video!’ I stood up quickly and made my way to him, glaring at him.

‘Well… I tried to tell you but you ran off.’ He calmly said, making me feel like a serial killer. Right then and there I really felt like killing him. I was scared that he wanted to say something completely different, even though acting in their M/V was scary enough.

‘Because I thought you wanted to tell me you’re dying or something!’ I yelled and people in the cafeteria looked at me as if I was an alien. But wasn’t I? I wasn’t sure myself.

‘That’s actually very stupid of you.’ He let out a small chuckle.

‘And selfish. What if he was really dying? You left him all alone to die in the cold. You’re the worst friend ever.’ Suga finished his… my sandwich and nodded his head to add more seriousness to his little speech.

‘But he’s not.’ I retorted, but it was of no use. Yoongi knew better.

‘But what if?’ He took a sip of my orange juice and looked down on me.

‘It’s not getting us anywhere.’ I s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter