Chapter 15

You Exist In My Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I just at finding places. I seriously do. I was walking in no specific direction, trying to spot J-Hope or Jimin, but they were nowhere to be found. I cursed under my breath and sat on a bench. Could it get any tier? Yup, it started raining. Miss Nature hates me, I’m sure of it. Nevertheless, I took out my phone and dialled Hoseok to finally get to know where they were. I had no intention to rove around the Han River. Not at 9 PM.

‘Hoseok, you dimwit, where are you?’ I huffed when he answered his phone.

‘On your left, idiot.’ And having said that he hung up. I looked to my left and there they were – sitting on the stony steps. Jimin was looking ahead of himself and J-Hope was looking at me as if begging for help. I sighed and approached them, wearing the least fake smile I could.

‘Oh, hey guys…’ I sat down beside them and looked at the bike that now laid next to me. ‘I… um… brought cake?’ It came out more like a question than a statement, but at least it attracted Jimin’s attention. Cake does magic, I tell you.

‘Why are you here?’ He asked dully which shocked me. I knew he wasn’t super fluffy and cute (well… he could be cute at times) but I wasn’t used to this tone. It sounded as if he resented me for coming here and invading his emo time.

‘Well, we’re friends… plus, you know… I didn’t want to eat the caaaaake alone… thought I’d share.’ Okay, so maybe it was childish of me, mentioning the cake over and over again, but come on, when you have problems, eating is the best solution. However, it seemed that his problem was not the kind of problem to solve with cake, which , because I didn’t think of any other option to help him.

‘I don’t need the cake. I want to be alone.’ He snarled at me and I wanted to snap at him for PMSing. Suddenly, Hoseok stood up and shook his head at Jimin.

‘It’s pointless, I spent two hours like this and he wouldn’t tell me what’s bothering him. Come on, Sun. Let’s go. Let him be alone.’ For once J-Hope wasn’t the lively happy virus I always thought him to be. He was serious and he was utterly concerned, and so was I.

‘No. I’ll stay. You go.’ I mumbled and waved at him to go away, because I wanted to talk to Jimin in private. I might be a horrible person, but I’m a great friend. If someone whom I consider my friend had problems, I would do anything to lift the weight off of his shoulders. That included annoying Park Jimin as well. Meh.

‘Um… sup?’ He ignored me and just continued to stare ahead at the Han River as if contemplating the meaning of life. Sounds like fun. I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes and scooted closer, purposefully knocking him with my hip. He lost his balance and steadied himself with his arm on the ground. Not without shooting me an annoyed glare, of course to which I just shrugged innocently and turned to look at the calming water. This is not going to be easy. But it wouldn't be the first time I had to cope with tough situations, so I'll crack him... I hope. I glanced at him and cleared my throat.

'It must've been something really bad to make you sulk like that.' I tried another method to make him spill the beans. He hesitated and then nodded. Well, it's not much, but hey, it's a start. I have a way with people, ya know. In the end they all seek me for comfort. Pity I can't comfort myself as much as I do others.

'You know, I may not look like it, but I'm an expert in pulling people's tongues, so sooner or later, you'll tell me everything. But if I were you, I'd spill sooner, it does wonders to your conscience, knowing you're not alone in this. And you never know, I might actually be able to help.' I glanced at him sideways, checking if any of my wise words got through to him. He looked uncertain and kinda... vulnerable? It made me want to give him a hug and pat his head. A lost puppy, indeed.

'You're only doing it because hyung asked you to.' He finally articulated. Smart kid.

'That may be true... but now that I see you, I'm seriously worried, because you're not being yourself.' I chose my words carefully, not wanting him to push me away. And it was the truth, I was really beginning to grow concerned. When people are having a mental breakdown to the point where they can't pretend everything's fine, it is time to step in and pull them together. Funny how it's always me who does it. I should start charging people for my therapies. Just kidding. But it wouldn't be such a bad idea, now would it... yeah, I'm a horrible person.

'No one would be themselves after such a thing.' Oh, he's starting to open up. I mentally patted myself on the shoulder.

'I cannot agree with you.' Another attempt. This time I chose the 'make-him-angry-and-unintentionally-spill' method. It was my last resort, but it worked every time. If I am going to help him, first I need to know what it is that's bothering him, right? And if he's not cooperating, I have to force him. My mind is scary, I know. He turned his head in my direction so quickly that it startled me.

'Of course they wouldn't! You have no idea what it's like, so shut your trap!' Woah, I did not expect such an outburst. He's a tough one, I give him that.

'Maybe if you told me what's going on, I would be able to understand. We're not going anywhere with this. But fine, be it your way. Find me when you can't cope with this anymore. Alone, lost and suffocated. But just so you know, I may not want to hear your whining then. Later.' I seriously need to shut the hell up. I stood up and dusted off my . I knew my words were beyond harsh, but it was the only way to make him talk. I was giving him a choice. Spill now and let me comfort him or whine later and be pushed away. Of course I wouldn't do that, I'm not such a bish, but he didn't need to know that. As I was about to pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter