Chapter 16

You Exist In My Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh, I was aware that Yoon was mad at me, she let me feel her wrath on every occasion she got. For example when I walked out of my single room and rubbed me eyes sleepily just to notice her a second later, she looked at me and passed me by. I blinked a couple of times but shook it off thinking that she just thought I was too sleepy to talk. But then breakfast came and I swear it was the most awkward thing ever. I sat opposite Yoon and she didn’t spare me even a single look. I couldn’t blame her to be honest but then again, I felt left out yesterday so I tried to gain attention. Maybe it was immature but I can’t be mature all the time; I’m still a teenager after all. I sighed and looked at Baekhyun for some sort of conciliation but he simply shook his head, letting me know he was disappointed with me just as much as my best friend was. I wanted to groan out loud but I caused the trouble so I must solve it, huh?

‘Wow… those pancakes are delicious. You wanna try, Yoon?’ I tried to make her speak but she just ignored me and focused on her cottage cheese. Baekhyun sighed and drew circles on her shoulder. Were they trying to get me to feel guilty? Because it was totally working right now. ‘I’m sorry, okay? I didn’t mean to be this mean. I’ll make it up to you somehow. Just… tell me what you want me to do.’ I exhaled deeply and waited patiently for her answer. She looked up at me and tilted her head, pretending to be thinking.

‘I’ve got something on my mind.’ She spoke finally and I knew I was tricked. She just wanted to make me do something I wouldn’t probably agree on doing and she used the guilt card on me.

‘And that something is…?’ I scrunched up my nose and expected something like parachuting or something since she likes such things. Instead, she gazed at her boyfriend and then at me. I grew anxious, I knew it would be something I would not enjoy doing, also the thought of Baekhyun being there and seeing my misery didn’t help either.

‘Let’s organise another double date! I’m sure Taehyung wouldn’t mind and you’ll be able to enjoy yourself.’ She beamed. One second she ignores me and pretends to be mad at me and the next she beams. And that’s why I don’t like girls. I just couldn’t grasp any logic behind their actions. But then again, I couldn’t quite comprehend male brain either and generally humans.

‘No.’ I replied shortly and returned to eating my pancake but it wasn’t as delicious as it was two minutes earlier.

‘You promised.’ Dang it!! I promised. Plus it’s her birthday and I’m supposed to make her happy and not grumpy. I heaved a sigh and frowned slightly.

‘Uh… okay. But nothing fancy, kay?’ I tried to persuade her. If it looked like a friendly gathering then I’d be okay with it but if she’s trying to set me up with V then, well, they should expect my disappearance. She nodded, visibly happy about my agreement.

The rest of the breakfast passed by quickly. We talked, laughed and were ourselves. I got a chance to talk to Baekhyun more and warned him not to hurt my Yoon, because if he hurts her, I’ll hurt him twice as much.

And then we decided to go to beach. Have you ever seen any k-drama in which a girl is dressed in a swimsuit and then every guy is ogling her and then her soul mate comes running with a towel to wrap her? Yeah? Well that didn’t happen to me because I was wearing shorts and a baggy T-shirt. In my right hand was a small ukulele and big sunglasses were placed on my nose. I was a hipster, indeed. Yoon was holding hands with her boyfriend and he carried a bag with spare clothes, towels and whatnot. We chose three loungers near the sea and unpacked needed things which in my case were headphones, Iphone and a water bottle. Nothing more, nothing less. Baekhyun said they were going swimming and asked if I wanted to join them; of course, I refused while getting comfortable in my lounger. The umbrella above my head was a great protection from the sun so I could rest in peace and enjoy the breeze and my music.

I took my ukulele and pitched it before plucking some chilly tunes. Listening to the music that came from my headphones I synchronized with the song which was Take Shelter by Years and Years. I noticed people glancing my way some even came closer and sat on the loungers surrounding mine. I put down my ukulele, flustered.

‘Don’t stop, it’s amazing.’ One girl complimented my playing and I smiled sheepishly. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy the attention I got because of the little instrument laying next to me. I loved when people appreciated my music, because it meant I was somehow special and good at what I was doing. And so I resumed playing, nodding a bit at the girl. She came back to her boyfriend or at least that’s what it looked like and she leaned on his shoulders. They started swinging to the rhythm; to say I felt somehow envious would be a misunderstanding. I wasn’t envious. They didn’t have anything I could envy them, but there was this unsettling feeling in the back of my mind that I was missing out on something. That being distant and reserved wasn’t getting me anywhere. But I tried not to dwell on it for too long because I was happy to a sufficient extent, I guess. I had a loving father

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter