Chapter 1

You Exist In My Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I never asked for it.

 

I don’t care about the company, my dad is young enough to control it.

 

That’s all I have to say when it comes to the family I was born into. Being a daughter of CEO of one of the most popular record labels isn't eas. I plugged my Sennheiser headphones to my IPod and turned the music on. Aw yes, this is my life; it’s filled with listening to music and composing my own tunes. One good thing about not going to England is that I’m able to attend the JYP Academy. The school for music lovers, founded by… my dad. 

Unfortunately I wasn’t allowed to leave the country and move to Manchester where I’d attend an English high school. And then after the graduation I’d study in the Manchester University, taking music as my major. But my life would be too perfect if this dream of mine came true. My dad has different plans for me. I’m going to take over the JYP Entertainment, his company, and I am not happy about it. At all. I don’t need it, I mean, I love music, but being a CEO? No, thank you. I already have enough problems.

One of them is Mi Young. Kim Mi Young. I’ve assumed she has a problem with me because I don’t dig popularity. I accept its existence but never participated in the race for it. My pursuit of happiness has a totally different direction.

As I went downstairs to grab something to eat, I noticed that the housekeeper wasn’t happy about something. I greeted her and sat down, expecting something delicious as Mrs Lee is the best cook ever. I was met with nothing. No food at all. I furrowed my brows, scared that I’d have to go to school without eating.

"Is Something wrong?" I asked carefully, looking at her in worry

"You’re late. AGAIN. And you’re wearing…’' She eyed me up and down. '‘THIS.’' I heard a loud sigh.

‘'What? It’s my casual outfit. Uniform and sneakers.’' I flashed her my sweet smile. '‘But… what about the foooooooood.'’ I pouted, feeling my stomach talking to me. I was starving, that’s for sure. A big plate appeared in front of my face, it was full of American pancakes and I couldn’t help but drool. Mrs Lee chuckled lightly seeing my facial expression and patted my head.

‘'Eat slowly.’' She commanded. My mouth was full of pancakes already so I simply nodded and started chewing, enjoying every bite of it. After eating, I thanked her and went to the garage where my beautiful bike was standing.

‘'You have your own chauffeur why do you keep riding the bike?’' Mrs Lee shook her head in disapproval. She’s been repeating the same things for a while now. I know that she worries about me and doesn’t approve of my approach to the luxurious life and would dress me in some fancy clothes. Girly clothes to be exact, but eventually she accepted me just as I am and that’s why I love her so much.

‘'Cause I like it. Why bother poor Mr Kim when I have legs.’' I winked at her and left, holding the bike. When I was outside the mansion, on the street, I felt free. I got on the bike, Arctic Monkeys’ album – AM, and wanting or not, rode to school.

___

 

'‘Aw my gawd!!'’ The girls shouted. I got off of the bike and left it in the bicycle rack.

'‘Soo handsom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter