Don't let me down ~

At least I have you ~ ♥

Hi all my beloved reader-nim! 

As promised this chapter comes way sooner than the last chapter! I'm sorry, actually I wanted to upload faster, but during the last weeks I struggled with health issue and work, so I had a hard time just sitting down and writting on the chapter! 

I hope you are all fine, summer is finally coming, and it's too hot to be outside hahaha at least for me. It's past midnight now, and I have to work tomorrow, but I still wanted to upload this chapter. It is a little bit shorter, but I cut it on purpose thehehe... 

I hope you will enjoy this chapter v////v 

Thank you for all the comments, upvotes and support! You are the best and I love you all so much ♥ Thank you! 

PS: I just noticed how many chapters I already have... I mean, I'm just 40% done with this story... 

Enjoy! ♥

 

.........................................................................................................................................♥^^

 

. . .

Had I been dreaming…?

It must had been a dream… It was totally absurd for him to be here anyway, not talking about coming in the right moment and saving me.

Maybe I had been hallucinating, and actually I was still lying on the cold carpet.

But somehow it had felt so real… How he had carried me down the halls, and then into a car. And why should he had been so gentle to me, putting my head into his lap and covering me with something thick and heavy, like the jacket I had just worn some time ago.

It must had been a dream, because I could now feel how I slowly woke up from that dream.

I felt something cold, but not in a bad way, like lying on the hard floor of Tuan’s mansion, but in a very soothing way.

I wasn’t even lying on the ground, but in something soft and warm. And something also soft but cold was running down my arms, then wiping carefully over my palms and then my fingers.

It felt so good on my heated skin, and I must have let out a pretty loud sight, because in the next moment I could feel a strong hand on my cheek.

“Jinyoung…? Are you awaken…?”

 

I slowly opened my eyes, even though they were heavy.

 

“Good! I was so worried! You slept for almost the whole day… The doctor said you needed some rest, but I was worried you might starve…”

 

I smiled upon seeing how he was fussing over me, though one part of me was still wondering, why HE was worrying about ME…

 

“Thank you…” My voice was so weak that I didn’t even know whether he had heard me, until his lips formed into a soft smile.

 

“Don’t you worry about anything. As long as you are with me I will take care of you and protect you.”

 

I wanted to ask why, but then my eyes wandered around the room, a bedroom, that was not my suite in the hotel.

From outside the window I could see a skyline, and when I looked back into the room, I saw a wardrobe and an opened board with many shoes.

“Where are we…?” I whispered and sat up. Easier said, and he helped me and put a pillow behind me to support my back.

My whole body was aching, and with every movement I got a cramp near my heart.

Also, my hand was lightly pulled back from a string. An infusion was stuck in my hand, and I swallowed hardly.

“We are in my condor. Actually I wanted to take you to the hospital, but Joey said, we would risk for Mark to find you. So we just let you being checked up in the hospital and then transferred you to my home.”

 

My eyes widened when he mentioned Joey, and I opened my mouth to say something, but he smiled brighter and patted my cheek.

 

“Don’t worry… He is on your side. He was the one who showed me the secret escape hall, and who drove us here.”

 

“It’s … not about side taking… I just… want to get away from Mark and everything…”

 

“I understand you… Joey and I will help you.”  

He bent down, but this time I didn’t get a shock attack when his lips touched my face, even though this time it was on my forehead.

 

“If you allow me to, I will take you away as far as possible from all this here…”

 

I wanted to ask him, what he meant, but he winked, and cut me off again.

 

“But before I do that, you need to recover again. I read some articles about Korean dishes for sick people, and I think you will like my ginseng chicken soup!”

“Ah… Uhmm... Can you do me a favour?”

“What is it darling?”

“I’m sure Jackson and Cassandra are really worried about me right now… Can you inform them that I’m okay…?”

He nodded.

“Already taken care of.”

“Thank you Jonathan…”

 

. . .

Author POV

Jinyoung’s friends weren’t just worried about him. They were going nuts because of him. It was a chaos.

At least, among Mark, Jackson and Cassandra. The fist attack of Jackson was totally forgotten, because they had been busy searching for Jinyoung for the last three hours.

 

Most of the guests had already left the funeral ceremony, wondering why they hadn’t seen Mark again. His family had looked for him, but he had been busy searching for his lost boyfriend on the large area of the mansion.

It had turned dark outside, and he had taken out a flashlight to look behind bushes and big trees.

The paths were muddy and slippery, and Mark almost slipped sometimes. His suit was totally ruined, but he didn’t care. All that mattered was Jinyoung right now.

It was his fault he was gone. Mark should have gone after him right after the younger had left the room.

Meanwhile Jackson and Cassandra were looking in every hall, every room. Cassandra had even ordered her own butler to look for Jinyoung, but there was no sight of him, as if he had been swallowed by the ground.

 

The three of them met again in the office where they had started.

 

Mark looked like a monster, Jackson’s hair was a chaos and his cheeks red, Cassandra’s dress was wrinkled and grey.

 

“I couldn’t find him in the park or the garden… I even let the dogs out, but they couldn’t find anything…” Mark mumbled and covered his face with his hands.

 

“I asked your gatekeeper… He hadn’t seen a boy passing the gate by himself. Today there were only cars.” Jackson sighed.

 

“What if he got out in one car?” Mark’s eyes had widened in fear.

 

“He didn’t know anyone here, Mark. And if he had gotten into one of the cars, your butlers would have noticed. Today only people who were invited attended the funeral.”

 

“We should call the police…” Cassandra mumbled. She was close to tears, she was so worried about Jinyoung, although she wanted to kill Mark too.

“I think the police can’t help us much. Also, he hasn’t been gone for long enough to be reported missing…” Jackson knew Cassandra was upset, so he wrapped an arm around her and pulled her against his chest.

 

“Where could he be when he didn’t leave this area?” Mark was on the verge of going crazy, but he also knew he had to stay calm in order to find Jinyoung.

 

Some minutes passed, then suddenly they were all startled by a knock at the door. In the next moment Joey stuck his head into the room.

 

“Guys… I have good news for you.” He stepped in, already changed into normal black clothes. And he was wearing a trench coat, as if he also just had been outside.

 

 

“Or at least not bad news. I just got a call from Jinyoung…”

 

It took the three of them one second, then they were around Joey. Mark had built himself up in front of his brother. He grabbed his younger brother’s shoulder.

 

“What?! Why didn’t you say earlier?! Why didn’t you give us the call?!” He was screaming at his brother, and one could hear how desperate he had turned.

 

But his brother didn’t let himself getting irritated by Mark, he knew Mark’s temper.

 

“You can all calm down. It was a very short call, and I guess it came from a telephone booth. He told me he is safe, he is in the city, so nobody needs to worry. He needs time to think.”

 

“But how?! He has no money, he has nothing with him!” Mark shouted and shook his brother hard.

 

Joey narrowed his eyebrows, he had never seen his brother so outraged. But he wasn’t going to be irritated by this… Also not impressed… It was all Mark’s fault that Jinyoung was away.

 

“Don’t ask me. That’s everything he told me.”

 

“How does he know your number?” Jackson had been quiet the whole time, and he had been watching Joey carefully now. Cassandra was buying Joey’s story, she was looking at him as if was an angel who had just brought a message from god, but Jackson knew something was wrong.

 

“You know, when I met Jinyoung in Vietnam we really hit it off. And I gave him my number, in case he would ever come to Taiwan.”

 

“Oh god… I really don’t know if I can just sit there like this and wait for him… Did he tell you when he was going to come back?!”

 

“No, Jiejie. I just told you everything. I’m sorry I didn’t give you the call, but he hung up just when I was about to ask him more questions…”

 

“Where is grandmother? I need to talk to her right now…” Mark’s voice suddenly had turned really dark, and Joey knew that there was going to be a thunder storm at home.

 

“Uhm… Up in the dining room, I think she is talking with Mr Chao right now…”

 

Mark left the room without another word, now that he at least didn’t have to worry too much anymore, that Jinyoung was lost somewhere, he had to talk to his grandmother. He had remembered what Jinyoung had said, when he had shouted at him this noon.

 

And the young heir could just imagine what his grandmother had said to his boyfriend. He had to clear this up, and then he would get Jinyoung back, no matter what it would take.

 

 

 

. . .

 

 

Jackson, Cassandra and Joey were now sitting together for almost an hour, and were listening to the relatively loud noises coming from upstairs.

Luckily the Tuans didn’t have any neighbours...

 

Sometimes it sounded like the table was thrown around, sometimes like Mark had just kicked into the wall, and sometime later it was like the door was slammed so loud it wouldn’t have surprised them if it had been unhinged.

 

It was after midnight, but nobody wanted to go. Jackson was still watching Joey quietly, and Cassandra was still too upset to go home. Joey had ordered some warm coffee and pastry, but nobody had touched it.

 

“Did you go somewhere?” Jackson didn’t want to sound too obvious, so he poured himself some coffee.

 

“Why do you think so…?”

 

“You are wearing a trench coat.”

 

“To be honest, I was outside to look for Jinyoung. I saw you all running around here, and I knew immediately what had happened.” Joey changed his position and now full lied down on the couch.

 

 

“Hmmm…” There was still one question that had been burning on Jackson’s tongue for one hour.

“I’m wondering how Jinyoung even got out of this mansion without anyone noticing… I mean, there were butlers and security everywhere…”

“I don’t know either… Maybe he got out of here during the time when everybody left… It was quiet crowded, so…”

 

“Joey… You need to tell Jiejie the truth okay…? For how long has this wedding thing been going on? I mean, I never heard about it, and your parents didn’t tell my parents about this…” 

 

Cassandra was really just thinking about the problems. She was too worried to think in details. Jackson sighted in his inside. He was trying to investigate things, but Cassandra was always turning the conversation, and saved Mark’s younger brother. Jackson could see how he became tense all the time he was asking about Jinyoung’s disappearance.

 

Joey sat up again, his face was now darkened and grumpy.

“Well, you remember when I met you in Vietnam? The reason was to get Mark back to Taipei to talk with him about this wedding, as it turned out. The whole family didn’t know anything, until then. It seemed like Mark had made this deal just with our grandparents, a long time ago. My parents didn’t agree to this at first, but when my grandfather got worse, they agreed. Also, because Mark didn’t seem to object. I knew, at least I thought, nobody of the family knew about Jinyoung, so I tried talking to Mark once. But we fought, and he warned me not to get into his way, he would deal with all this. The reason I was concerned about this is because I really like Jinyoung. He is a nice guy, and he changed my brother. But when Mark is away from Jinyoung, he turns into his disgusting old self again… Whatever, just yesterday when Mark came home I found out Jinyoung was here… I wanted to stop Jinyoung so he wouldn’t find it out like that, but my grandmother was way faster than Mark and I together…”

 

“I hate this Christine…” Cassandra mumbled and folded her arms together. “She is an arrogant . We never liked each other.”

 

“I also don’t like her… Since Mark has returned and the wedding news were broken to our family, she is here all the time, pretending to be nice and everything. Acting up, as if she already was married to Mark… But we all know she is so arrogant. Even my parents have a hard time dealing with her. And let me tell you something… Since Mark came here he started drinking… Like, drinking a lot. He would wait until everyone was sleeping, and then he would come here. I once saw him here, when I came home late. I’m really concerned, and I think it’s because he is away from Jinyoung.”

 

“Hmm… He drank since he came to Korea. I know this because I was always with him at that time… But one day he stopped drinking excessively, and when he met Jinyoung he quit all alcohol except for one time when they fought.” Cassandra mumbled.

 

Jackson remained silent, eyeing Joey like an eagle. He could feel something was definitely wrong in this situation, and he knew Joey had something to do with this. Did the younger one knew something about Jinyoung’s stay? Did Joey even know where Jinyoung was? Maybe he was the one who helped Jinyoung to get out of this place… But then there was still this big question: Why would he do that?

Joey and Mark never had been the best brothers, everyone knew it. But still, he wouldn’t … betray his brother like that, would he…?

But Jackson didn’t buy this situation and Jinyoung’s call to Joey…

 

. . .

The next day the doctor came to Jonathan’s condor again.

 The Chinese man looked concerned, mostly when his eyes fell on the young Korean boy. Jonathan and Jinyoung didn’t know they were expecting bad news, actually they just thought he was going to check on Jinyoung's health.

 

“Doctor, is something the matter with Jinyoung?” Jonathan asked in English so that Jinyoung could understand as well.

“To be honest, I don’t have any good news for you, Mr Jinyoung.”

He took out some papers from his suitcase.

“Listen carefully. I did some tests on you, young man. And these are some serious questions. Do you ever feel pain near your heart? Do you have cramps sometimes? Do you feel like your heartbeat is stable all the time? Or do you feel like sometimes it stutters or skips a beat?”

Jonathan’s face had gone pale. He didn’t want to believe what the doctor was asking the younger one, because he knew about these symptoms. He just knew them too well.

“Actually… I’m not quite sure. Since I was young I sometimes had cramps and pain near my heart, but I never cared about it that much, and after some seconds it is gone. I mostly get them when I have a fever. And to be totally honest with you… I feel really embarrassed telling you… But ever since I … have problems with my boyfriend, I feel like sometimes my heart skips a beat. And so on… But I thought this was more something of my imagination…”

 

Silence came over the three of them, Jinyoung’s face was as red as a tomato, Jonathan’s was a white as the blanket, and the doctor’s face as dark as his hair.

 

“Young man… I did a long time test on your heart, because your blood pressure was pretty high when you came to me. After evaluating the result and answers I must tell you that you are suffering from heart arrhythmia."

 

Jinyoung opened his mouth, but nothing came out, although suddenly his head was full of questions. Jonathan had sat down beside Jinyoung, his hand grabbing the younger one.

 

"How...? Doctor, are you really sure? How can I have a heart arrhythmia? I feel pretty fine, I never had any problems with my heart."

"You know, heart diseases can have a genetic factor, and an environmental factor. It could be possible that your heart arrhythmia wasn't severe so it could have never been detected. It could have gotten stronger the last years or months. Tell me, did you go through stress the last months?"

“Yes, it was stressful the last months, but a student can't avoid it. Of course I had to work a lot and stay up nights to study. But still, never felt like I had any heart problems."

"Well, students tend to overstress themselves a lot during exams time, I know. But combined with malnutrition, and lack of sport or another movement, the heart arrhythmia could have gotten worse. One important factor is also the emotional state which can affect the health of your whole body."

 

Jinyoung still looked at the doctor, as if he was speaking something he just couldn’t understand. It just didn’t sound right to him. He, Jinyoung, having a heart disease? As if for confirmation, he suddenly got such a hard cramp at his heart, he groaned and his whole body cringed in pain.

Jonathan and the doctor were by his side immediately, and calmed him down.

 

“Don’t worry, young man. This is not fatal. You can cure it if you take the right medicine, and change your lifestyle.”

“Sir, please tell me, how I can help him? Shall I bring him to Austria? My friend there is a cardiologist and Jinyoung can stay there until he is fully healed.”

“There is no need to bring him to another continent. You said you would go back to Korea, right? I really trust my friend there. He is a cardiologist in Busan, and we can exchange information, to provide our young lad the best medial supply. If he is being a good boy, and changes his life, he will get better soon, and some day I’m sure he won’t have any problems.”

 

Jonathan and the doctor were discussing further actions. They exchanged numbers and addresses, and the young business man was given a list of things for Jinyoung to avoid.  It was just when they turned around to Jinyoung they noticed the younger one was crying silently.

 

“I think I will wait for you outside, Mr Walker. You may want to calm Jinyoung down. Also, he should rest as much as he can before taking a stressful flight back.”

 

The older man took his stuff and closed the door behind him.

 

Jonathan wrapped his arms around Jinyoung and pulled him against him.

“Sschh… Don’t cry, everything will be alright. I’m here for you, and I will go through this with you. You are not alone…” He patted Jinyoung's raven hair, almost feeling like crying with him. He knew what he was going through, and just wanted to ease his pain.

 

“Jonathan… I’m scared… I don’t want to die…”

It was strange, because although Jinyoung didn’t seem to know this guy, he still trusted him more than anybody else in this moment. He felt warm and safe in his arms, and it really felt like Jonathan was easing the pain. In his embrace he had the feeling it would get better.

 

“You won’t. I won’t let this happen to you.”

 

. . .

 

“His things are gone…” Mark face was as ashen as his coat, and he was trembling, as if he was cold.

“What do you mean?! Which things?!” Jackson asked, immediately on his feet.

 

The mood between Jackson and Mark was still tense, but the last two days since Jinyoung had disappeared, they had stuck together. They still tried to find out where their missing friend was, and together they had more options.

“The things in the hotel suite. They are gone. The receptionist told me he had checked out this morning.”

“But… Where should he have gone? Do you think he went back to Korea?” Cassandra had dark circles from the nights sleeping on Mark’s couch. She was wearing the same clothes for the last days, and the last meal was a burger they had bought during a long drive through Taipei last night.

 

“I have kept Jinyoung's ticket, because he wanted me to do it. If he really flies back, he must have bought an expensive last minute ticket. Do you think he can afford it?"

 

Of course he had been worried about Jinyoung, but he had assumed, the younger had wandered through the cities the last days, and had returned in the night to sleep. Because when they had last gone to his suite, it had changed, as if someone had been inside.

But now he was really gone, and had taken his things. Where could they search for him now?

 

Suddenly Jackson’s phone rang, and without even waiting for one second he took the call, as if he knew it was Jinyoung, who was calling him.

 

Hyung…?”

 

“Jinyoung?! Where are you? What are you doing?! Do you need any hel…?”

Mark had already teared the phone out of his hand and was screaming into it.

 

“Where are you Jinyoung?! Please tell me! I’m worried about you! … Hello…? … Hello…?”

Mark dropped the phone.

“He… hung up.”

 

Jackson groaned and really felt the urge to punch his friend again.

 

"Are you stupid?! Of course he hung up on you! You are the person he is avoiding right now, so why should he talk to you? You are the reason we lost him, and now again! Why didn’t you just let Jackson talk? Maybe Jinyoung would have told us where he is." Cassandra screamed and took the phone. She took a look at the caller history.

"It is a telephone booth in Taipei, I'm sure. He is still here."

“I will call the airport…” Mark mumbled and moved to the telephone on the wooden desk.

"Why?!" The young woman was still furious, she wanted to tear off Mark's face.

“During the call I heard a flight announcement. I’m will stop the whole airport from flying if I must, to get Jinyoung back."

 

. . .

Jonathan, Joey and Jinyoung were sitting in the VIP Lounge, drinking water and waiting for the stewardess to pick them up for their flight. Just by passing them, one could feel how tense they all were. It was like Jinyoung was a bomb they had to smuggle into a plane.

 

“How are things?” Jonathan was nervous, but he would do everything to bring Jinyoung out of this country, no matter what he would have to do.

“Well… Mark literally locked the airport for Jinyoung. He has a good connection to the airport’s director, and now every passengers is being scanned. No Park Jinyoung is allowed out of this country. At least from this airport."

 

Jinyoung was pale and sweat had formed on his forehead. He was more than scared of Mark now, and the more he was trying to find him, the more he wanted to get away from him. He felt like a mouse being chased by a cat.

Jonathan sensed his uneasiness, and tightened his grip on Jinyoung’s hand. They were holding hand the whole time, and although it wasn’t none of Joey's matter, he still couldn’t tear his eyes from this sight.

For one moment he felt bad, because he was helping his friend to literally snatch away his brother's boyfriend. Joey thought how easy it must had been for Jonathan, mostly when Jinyoung was in this vulnerable and hurt state... But at the end it was all Mark's fault. 

 

"Well, Mark may have good connections, but I have someone in this airport, who owes me a favour. So the game between us two is fair."

Jonathan made a short call, his voice was smooth and gentle, but Joey had gotten to know him good since they were friends for some time now, and he was sure, this person wasn’t on good terms with him.

Ten minutes later a little man in a black suit was hurrying to them, holding a walkie-talkie in his hands.

 

“Good to see you again, Mr Jonathan.” When his eyes fell on Jinyoung and Joey, he took in a sharp breath.  “And… Mr Tuan and Mr Park…”

“How do you know Jinyoung?” Jonathan’s eyes were now narrowed, and without blinking he pushed the youngest behind him gently.

“Well, Mr Mark Tuan is on his way to the airport. And he sent a very clear picture of Jinyoung, so that airport staff could look out for him.”

"Jinyoung and I need to fly to Seoul. I hope you could arrange a flight for us."

"Yes, Sir. I arranged a flight to London in a Lufthansa private jet. You will stop in Beijing, and can book back to Seoul. This way nobody can trace you back. Also, I put a Park Jinyoung on the passenger list for the flight to Seoul, which just took off some minutes ago. Your flight will take off as soon as Mr Mark Tuan is leaving the airport."

“I hope for you this will work out."

 

They sat there for more than three hours – nerve wrecking minutes, in which they all hoped Mark wasn’t going to check the lounge - before the man from the airport returned to them to pick them up. They followed the man through some empty halls, and in front of a security entry, they stopped.

"I'm sorry, but at this point Mr Tuan can't accompany us anymore."

“Aren’t you going with us, Joey?” Jinyoung turned around to Mark’s brother and took his arm.

 

Joey smiled and patted Jinyoung’s hand lightly.

 

“I will settle things here. Also, I have to keep Mark and the others here, so you and Jonathan have time to arrange things there. And when the situation is safe, I will come visit you, okay?” He smiled, and Jinyoung’s heart ached.

 

The last days had really brought the three of them together. And Jinyoung felt guilty. Was it his fault that the gap between Mark and Joey had gotten even bigger? Was it okay to ask Joey for so many favours?

 

“Thank you, Joey.” Jinyoung mumbled and hugged Joey. Jonathan stepped beside them and smiled at Joey.

"I really want to thank you, Joey, for going through all this trouble for me. I owe you so much, my friend. I hope we will see us again, soon."

 

“Mr Jonathan, it’s time…”

 

. . .

 

They had searched for him everywhere in the airport. After receiving a security pass, they had search for Jinyoung everywhere, at every gate, in every toilet and in every shop. But he was nowhere. After three hours, they had to leave the security area, and returned to the mansion to wait for the director to call.

When the telephone had rung, he had hoped for the best, because literally the whole airport was looking for Jinyoung. But he was too late. Again…

"I'm sorry, Mr Tuan, but I think we came a little bit too late. My assistant found the name Park Jinyoung on a passenger list for a flight just some minutes before you called me. By this time he must be back in Korea already."

 

And now, that Jinyoung was in Korea, he had lost all tracks of him.

Taipei was unknown to Jinyoung, and besides, it was his city. He held the power monopole, and the whole city would have looked for him, if Mark had ordered.

 Mark didn’t even know if Jinyoung was going back to Seoul. Maybe he had gone back to Busan. Or he was hiding from him in Jeju. Who knew where he was? Korea now seemed too big. 

 

“Maybe he will go back to your house. He does have to at least get his things back.” Cassandra had really lost all hope.

“I highly doubt so…” Jacksons spoke out loud the thought that had been running through Mark’s head.

“But for this case… Someone is already waiting for him there, and will bring him to me if he comes there.”

“And then what…?” Jackson’s voice was calm, in a bad way.

“What is that for a question? I will tell him, that everything is a mistake, and that I will blow off this marriage with Christine.”

“And then, Mark? Do you really think, then Jinyoung will jump back into your arms?” Jackson built himself up in front of Mark. Cassandra placed herself in the between them, so that she could stop them from getting violent, like last time.

 

“You hurt him deeply, and even if you break off with your family for him, he just isn’t going to forgive you. You lied to him, all of us, the whole time. You hurt his feelings by offering him a life as your… mistress, and god knows what else you did to him.”

Mark looked up to Jackson, his face was scrunched up, as is his friend's words were knives stabbing him into his heart.

“I think… If he is running away from you like now… You should let him go for now…”

 

Suddenly Mark's face looked fierce, and he pushed Jackson away.

 

“No. I won’t let him go. Never ever! And you know why? Because he is mine. Because we are meant to be together. And because I love him. “

 

Mark pulled something out of his pocket and threw it on the coffee table.

A small blue box landed on the shiny wood, and silence came over the group. Jackson and Cassandra just stared at the etui, while Mark was looking down his clenched fists.

 

“This isn’t …” Cassandra whispered, bent down and took the box. But she hesitated to open it, she didn’t want to believe that this…

 

“Yeah… Just open it. Look at it.”

 

The young woman carefully opened the silk box, and they all were now looking at bright silver ring, with just one tiny but clear diamond.

 

Mark fell back into the armchair, tears were now running down his cheek.

“Everything went so fast… Actually I wanted to propose to Jinyoung soon, but then my grandfather died and…”

 

“But… Jinyoung and you just know each other for …like three months?” Jackson was as shocked as Cassandra. He didn’t seem to know his best friend at all, did he…? He had never thought Mark would ever think of getting married so soon. And now this…?

 

“You all don’t know. Even Jinyoung himself doesn’t know… But I had my eyes on him since the day he started at our university.”

“How…?” Cassandra’s eyes were opened widely. For her, this wasn’t reality anymore. This was more like a dream, from which she didn’t want to wake up anymore, but at the same time a nightmare.

 

"I first saw Jinyoung during the lecturer audition. He was giving a presentation, and I got into the lecture room by accident. But since this moment I couldn’t get him out of my head anymore. At this time I was so amazed by him, just by the way he was speaking, smiling when he was reading a book in the library. I still regret not talking to him earlier... And I just got together with Hyeri at this time because someone saw me watching him, and was going to spread rumours. It would have been hell for him, although he didn’t even know me at this time. And when he finally noticed me at that day in the library on the last day before winter break, I knew I was going to make him mine. The last month just made me realise he is the person I want to spend my whole life with. You may think this is going too fast, but you also know when I do things like that, I'm really serous about it. I really love Jinyoung more than anything, and it's killing me that things are like this now. I want him back so badly, and I know it will be hard for him to forgive me. But I still want to try. I have to. He is my life. And I want him."

 

With one last sight he left his two friends dumbfounded.

 

“I know I’m the worst. But I can’t live without him… And I really want to marry him."

 

. . .

 

Joey almost got a heart attack, when he came back into his room in the mansion, and found Jackson lying on his bed, playing with his rubric's cube.

 

"Jack, what are you doing here? Where are the others?" Joey tried to play off his surprise, and started to change into something more comfortable.

"Where have you been, Joshi...?" Jackson asked calmly, using his old nickname for Mark's brother on purpose. "You've been away for almost three days."

 

"I was doing some work in the city and slept in the hotel for the time. The mood here is suffocating."

"And where have you been just now?"

"I told you, I was in the city." Joey sat on the bed next to Jackson, took out his mobile phone. One missing call from unknown person.

"Are you sure? Because I just saw you at the airport this evening, when I was booking a flight back to Seoul."

 

Joey froze for a moment, but then he giggled. He was nervous but tried to play it off by fiddling about Jack’s hair.

 

"You must be wrong, Gege. You know, Chinese people look all the same."

 

"Joey..." Jackson's voice turned serious, and he was now looking into the younger one's face. Joey tried to avoid Jackson's eyes, but he grabbed his chin and forced him to look back.

 

"I know you are lying. It was you at the airport." Jackson's fingers slid down his neck, and stopped on his shoulder. Joey flinched and got the creeps from his touches. He had always been sensitive to Jackson's touch, and his Gege knew exactly his weak spot.

"I don’t know why you would do that... But I think you are the one who helped Jinyoung out of the mansion that day. And you are the one who was with Jinyoung the last days. And I'm sure you are the one who brought Jinyoung to the airport and helped him to get back to Korea."

 

He massaged Joey's sore shoulder, and Joey couldn’t move.

 

"Are you doing this for your grandmother?"

 

The younger thought it was better to keep quiet. Or at the end he was going to blow everything and would revealed the whole truth.

 

"Or do you have feelings for Jinyoung?"

 

Joey was now frowning, and Jackson seemed to misunderstand, because in the next moment the younger was pressed into the bed, and Jackson was hovering dangerously close above him.

 

"You better not..."

"What if I have...?"

Jackson's face came closer, his lips were turned into an evil smile.

 

"I won't let this happen. And your brother neither."

"Why...? He was the one who caused all this mess and frightened him away."

"I know the relationship between the two of you isn't so good, but you shouldn’t have betrayed him like this. Your brother truly has feelings for him, I can assure you. To tell you the truth, he was going to marry him. And now he is really turning into a mad man without him."

Joey turned his head away. He was feeling bad. Bad for Mark... But he understood Jinyoung's feeling so well. His heart was aching in both ways, and Jackson wasn’t making anything better.

 

"You will never understand, Jackson. Never."