One last time ~

At least I have you ~ ♥

Hi everybody, 

this is your bad author-nim... I don't know whether you still remember me, because I am the worst author, and I haven't updated for so long. I'm really sorry, and I can't apologise enough for letting you all wait for so long. 

I just want to give you a short explanation: During the time I was totally offline, I graduated from High School, and a little life crisis, and now I'm preparing for university and working full time in the Airport. I somehow cut with Kpop and fanfictions in all this time, but slowly returning back, at least to Got7... I might not be on the latest state of MarkJin, and I'm really sad about it, because after all I still love this couple the most. (After LeoxLucas, something I just discovered some weeks ago,,,). I actually started writting this chapter a really long time ago, but I got stuck at the beginning for so long. Now I have decided to change the whole plot of this story, and I'm currently really happy with it. 

I knew about all the people, subsribers and commenters, who still supported me and this story, and I'm so thankful to you. You really motivated me to go on with this story again. I love you, and I hope you can forgive me. 

I hope I will get as many support as I got before, and want to apologise as well as thank you all, when reading this. 

I love you u_u ♥♥♥

So, I think after sucha long time it's better to read the last two chapters... Maybe it will help. 

I hope you enjoy it, it's extra long. And I'm on my way of writting the next chapter. 

Thank you so much  *bows down* ♥♥♥

 

 

Life only goes forward…

. . .

 

 

“It’s over Mark… It’s enough.”

 

“Jinyoung, please… Don’t leave me! I love you, please forgive me! I love you and I can’t live without you…”

 

 

“Let me go…”

 

 

. . .

 

 

36 hours ago…

 

 

I’m so sorry Jonathan! This is such a rude behaviour, but it’s really important. It’s about Mark and…

 

Don’t worry Jinyoung. I actually just dropped by to say hello.”

 

Thank you so much for understanding…

 

The tall man with the curly hair and the golden eyes gave Jinyoung a breath taking smile, while putting on his jacket. It was still wet, so Jinyoung couldn’t help but to wipe away some raindrops from its surface.

 

Without the younger one noticing, Jonathan’s smile became even wider.

 

“The matter is: All of the sudden Jackson got a call from Mark’s grandma, while he was on the way to the airport. She had asked Jackson to bring me with him. Seems like Mark’s family knows about me now.”

 

“Ah, I see. Then stay safe, we still have to meet again.”

 

Before Jinyoung could even react, Jonathan had grabbed the raven haired already and was giving him a short but firm hug. The British pressed his lips on Jinyoung’s cheek for two seconds, before pulling back and smiling once again at the shocked boy in front of him.

 

“We will meet again, darling.”

 

 

 

Jonathan Walker stepped out of the door and to the black Mercedes, which had been waiting for him since an hour.

His driver and personal assistant was waiting behind the wheel, one eyebrow cocked.

 

You’re already back Master? I was expecting you to be away longer. This seemed like a really serious matter.”

 

I didn’t talk with him about these things… Today is not the time… And I think today one matter will solve itself anyway.”

 

Although Jonathan knew that something not really good would happen to Jinyoung, he still couldn’t stop the little smile when he rubbed over the spot where Jinyoung had wiped over. And the thought about Jinyoung’s shocked face when he had kissed him even brought up a little chuckle.

 

What is so funny master?”

 

Oh… Hmm… nothing…”

 

 

The black car drove away.

 

 

 

Meanwhile Jinyoung was still standing at the front door, eyes widened, remaining in the same position he had been since he had been kissed by Jonathan.

The young man was wondering whether it was just normal for European people to greet and say goodbye to each other like that. Though Jinyoung had thought that this was only common in countries like Italy and France.

 

 

But one minute more, and Jinyoung pulled himself together. Jackson had said he would pick him up in one hour, then they would drive to the airport. Mark’s grandmother had already booked a ticket for Jinyoung in first class.

 

He ran up the stairs and got into the shower. While he was drying his hair with one hand, he packed up a little bag with the most important things with the other hand.

Jinyoung was sure he wouldn’t stay there for long. He and Mark couldn’t either, because university was starting soon, and Mark for sure still had a pile of work in the company. He just put his black suit in, his pyjamas, one casual outfit and his toiletries.

 

When Jackson arrived in front of the house with his black jeep, Jinyoung was already waiting outside.

 

 

“Jack… I’m still wondering why I practically must see the funeral. I mean, I feel honoured, but I am not close to Mark’s family. And a funeral is actually something really intimate”

 

“Well, to be honest, I have no clue why she invited you. Though I have to tell you that the funeral of Grandfather Tuan isn’t something really intimate, at least not what I think you’re imagining. Not just family and friends will be there, but also important people from both Tuan companies and business men, who worked together with the Tuans for a long time.”

 

“Oh, I didn’t know.” Jinyoung mumbled, and his voice was somehow pressed.

 

“Are you feeling uncomfortable? Are you worried about something?”

 

“I don’t know. It’s the first time that I will meet Mark’s family. And due to such a sad event as well… I don’t know how I should behave, because I can’t be all happy and open to them – it would be more than inappropriate -, but wouldn’t it be rude to appear in front of them all quiet and restrained...?”

 

Jackson patted Jinyoung’s hand soothingly.

 

“Don’t think too much. I’m sure the family will have to pay attention to other things. You don’t know how difficult it is to manage a funeral with so many people. Also, Mark’s parents and siblings are very easy and open people, they will like you anyway. Plus, you already met Joey, and he really seemed to like you.”

 

Jinyoung sighed and squeezed Jack’s hand.

 

“Hmm, right. Joey was really nice. But always stay by my side okay, Jack? I’m sure Mark won’t have the time to look after me all the time…”

 

“Ah, our baby is so cute. Of course. And Cassandra is also there. She is going to stick at your side like glue.”

 

….

 

 

That day it seemed to be rainy and sad everywhere.

 

When Jack and Jinyoung arrived in Taipei, the sky was grey and heavy rain was pouring down. Luckily Jinyoung was wearing his rain parka. Though, he could still feel how his pullover was slowly soaking.

 

A limousine was already waiting outside the airport.

The driver was one of the Tuan’s butlers, how he introduced himself. But he was slightly different to Mr Jonghyun.

 

“Lady Tuan already prepared two suites in the hotel close to the mansion. She apologises the lack of space due to the gathering of the whole family. I shall inform you, Mr Wang, that your parents already arrived here yesterday. They are staying in the city, but will attend the funeral tomorrow. Also, I shall pass to Master Jinyoung that the lady will send me to pick him up for the funeral tomorrow morning at nine. Until then he should rest and enjoy the benefits of her hotel.”

 

The younger one nodded.

 

Actually he hadn’t expected this situation. He had thought that after they had arrived in Taipei, Mark would have picked them up. Jinyoung had been sure he would have fallen into Mark’s arms, hugging him as tight as he could. And then he would have scolded him for not even calling him once in a week.

But maybe this was better. It wasn’t the right time to be excited, especially for Mark.

 

Jinyoung knew that his grandfather had meant a lot to him. Hadn’t he been the one who had raised him, instead of his parents? And wasn’t Mark the heir of Tuan Company, the own company built up by his grandfather.

 

It was really nice of Mark’s grandmother to take care about everything for Jinyoung here, and he should really be thankful…

 

 

Jinyoung couldn’t see Taipei properly, his head was full of thoughts. And they weren’t even good thoughts, but he just couldn’t stop them.

Now, that he was thinking, did Mark even know about this invitation? It was his grandmother, who had invited him. And it was her, who had prepared a place to sleep for him. No words about Mark, not even when this butler had been talking.

 

“Jack…? Do you think Mark… knows I am here? And do you think he will be happy to see me? I’m not sure… Maybe I should fly back home…”

 

Panic overwhelmed him, and he started to shiver.

 

“Don’t worry Jinyoungie… Everything is going to be fine. I think you’re just a little tired from the flight… We still have two hours to drive. Why don’t you lean on me and sleep a little bit? I will wake you up. I think your nerves are starting to wreck you a little bit buddy…”

 

Without waiting for his response the older pulled Jinyoung’s head on his shoulder.

 

Jackson had figured out that Jinyoung was more than nervous to meet everybody. Mark hadn’t officially announced to anyone he was dating Jinyoung, just to him and their closest circle. How would his parents, but mostly his grandmother, react to this news…?

 

Jackson was sure Mama and Papa Tuan would be happy to know their son had finally settled. But Jackson knew that his grandmother was very traditional, and very sensitive and overprotective over her first born grandson.

Given the history that they had practically locked Mark in their palace, isolated him from any other contact than Jackson and Cassandra, he was sure she wouldn’t not mind Mark was now dating for real.

It had been bigger than a miracle that his grandparents had let Mark go to Korea on his own to study. Jack was still wondering how his friend had managed to do this. Not even Mark’s own parents had understood how their son had convinced their parents.

 

 

It took them more than two hours to get a little bit outside the city to the hotel, which was owned by Mark his grandmother’s family. The traffic here was awful, even worse than in Seoul during rush hour.

 

Their rooms were right next to each other, and when Jinyoung got in he slumped right into the bed. The weather didn’t get him so well, he was tired and gloomy.

Also, he hadn’t slept really well during the car ride. Although it just had been two hours, he had dreamt he had been waiting at home forever, and Mark had never come back.

 

He laid there forever, until someone knocked at the door.

It was Cassandra, and Jinyoung was so glad to see her, he fell into her arms and started crying all of the sudden.

 

“Omo, what’s the matter sweetie? Did Jackson teased you? I’m gonna rip that guy open!”

 

“No, Jackson is very good to me. It’s just… I … I miss Mark so much, and I actually don’t want to be here, but at home… I’m all alone and I’m worried I will do everything wrong…”

 

She patted his back soothingly.

 

“My poor baby… Mark is really a jackass, and I will beat him up for you. I know it must have been hard, he hadn’t contacted any of us. At least he could have picked up his phone once when we called him. Are you… worried that something happened? Like… Mark betraying you…?”

 

“No, of course not. I’ve never thought about something like that at all, in this matter I really trust him. But it’s just hurting me… Doesn’t he miss me at all? I know he is busy… But still… And now I’m even meeting his family, and I don’t know how to act and…”

 

“Darling, we need something to eat to calm you down… Maybe a drink too…”

 

Jinyoung sniffed and nodded his head tiredly. His eyes were red, but just like that he reminded Cassandra of a little puppy.

 

“Unbelievable…” she mumbled quietly and in this moment she just wanted to punch her idiot of a friend even more.

 

Cassandra had seen him once since she had arrived, and that was when their families had met. But she hadn’t gotten a chance to talk to him, because he had noticed her piercing eyes and had excused himself to go back to the preparations for the funeral.

 

 

The hotel’s restaurant was on the first floor, and when Jinyoung and Cassandra stepped out of the elevator they were expected by a group of men, all dressed in black suits.

 

And in the middle there was Mark.

 

It was just like both of them had thought too much of the ladder, and now he had been somehow called to this hotel.

 

When he saw Jinyoung, his eyes widened in shock, and for a moment his jaw dropped.

Jinyoung was also frozen, he couldn’t say nor do anything, just staring at the man he had been missing so much.

So many thoughts were running in his head again, but at the same time it felt empty.

 

The bell sound of the elevator closing startled both of them, and Mark got himself together again. Just before the men around him had noticed anything.

 

 

“So here you are.” Cassandra said, and her voice was dangerously calm.

 

“Gentlemen, may I have a moment alone with my friends?”

 

Without a word all of them stepped back and got into the other elevator.

 

 

 

“What is he doing here…?”

 

He didn’t ask, why Cassandra was here. Just, why of all people, Jinyoung was here.

 

 

“What do you mean with ‘What is he doing here?’?! His name is Jinyoung, and he is your boyfriend, or did you forget, jackass?”

 

. . .

 

Jinyoung POV

 

His appearance had changed, in so many ways, I almost couldn’t recognise my own boyfriend.

He had dyed his hair brown, which made him look so much more mature. His face was much thinner than before, and his cheek bones were standing out. His eyes looked tired and the dark circles were just underlining them even more.

But mostly his expression shocked me.

Where was the warmth and kindness I had always seen and loved when looking at him? Why did he look at us so coldly, and somehow like we were strangers, or even worse, his enemies?

 

 

“What is he doing here…?”

 

Why were these words so piercing? Why did they feel like spears aiming my heart?

 

Maybe because his mouth twitched, like he was really unhappy with this situation. Because his hands were clenched into fists, like he had to hold back so he wouldn’t punch someone. Me?

And maybe because he was referring to me in the third person, like I wasn’t standing there, just one metre away from touching him. And because the “he” sounded like the most disgusting thing he had seen.

 

“… and he is your boyfriend, or did you forget, jackass?”

 

I wasn’t even sure anymore. Was I even Mark’s boyfriend right now…? Out trip to Vietnam and every other memory of us suddenly seemed far away, like in another universe… Had he really just been gone for more than a week, or had he moved to another universe, where I wasn’t his boyfriend but more like a … bug he had to shake off…

 

I was surprised by myself I didn’t cry. My eyes were burning but dry. And suddenly I could taste blood from biting my lip so hard I hadn’t even noticed.

 

“I’m still asking you why he is here. I didn’t tell him to come so why is he here?” Mark growled and now his eyes were fixed on me. He practically starred holes in my body.

 

“Excuse me, but you are being a real right now… If you keep on speaking like this I’m really gonna beat you up.”

 

“No sense in talking with you, really…”

 

In the next moment he grabbed my wrist and pulled me in direction of the restrooms.

His grip was so tight I squeaked up.

 

“What are you doing?! Where are you going? Let him go!”

Cassandra followed us, while taking my other hand. She was shaking, so it seemed like she was holding back herself really hard from getting violent.

 

Mark stopped abruptly in front of the men’s washroom and turned around, so I crashed against his chest hardly.

 

“I will talk to him, and you won’t follow us.”

 

“What if I will? How will you stop me?”

 

“Cassandra Xiao! Stop acting like a child, and if you annoy me more, I will have a serious talk with your parents.” His voice was as sharp as a knife.

 

She froze, and her fist really twitched, but her lips were tightly pressed together. Cassandra seemed to think everything through, then she nodded slowly.

 

“I’m waiting in the restaurant, Jinyoung. You bring him there afterwards, Mark.” It sounded like a threat.

 

Mark dragged me into the restroom, which was shiny, big and totally empty.

When he let go of me, my eyes immediately fell down on my wrist, which he had grabbed so tightly, you could already see the marks of his fingers. The print was red, and thumping, full of pain because of the cut of blood.

 

“What do you think you are doing here? How did you even get here? Did Jackson and Cassandra take you here?”

 

I bit my lip, now I had to fight to hold back my tears. And he yelling at me made it extra hard.

“Jinyoung, speak! Why did you have to come here?! Didn’t I tell you to wai…”

 

He had finally seem to realise that I wasn’t really listening to him, and his eyes also wandered down to my wrist.

It was quiet, and when I looked up his eyes were widened in shock. He breathed in sharply, and then our eyes met.

 

I must have looked really awful, because suddenly he fell on his knees, and his face also did.

 

“Oh my god, Jinyoung, I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to… Does it hurt a lot? I’m so …”, he stuttered, and wanted to take my hand.

I took one step back and hided my wrist behind my back, and my action surprised me as well as him.

 

Was I really scared of him? Of Mark?

To be honest… Yes, even though he seemed to be back to his old self. But who knew…? Maybe he would yell at me again in some seconds…

 

“Jinyoung… I’m so… sorry.” He went along on his knees and came closer to me.

 

Before I could react, he had already wrapped his arms around me and pressed his face in my stomach.

 

“I’m so sorry baby… I really didn’t mean to hurt you… And I didn’t want to yell at you. It’s just… I was so overwhelmed…”

I could only hum, my throat felt dry and tight. And now I could feel how wet my cheek was.

 

One tear drop fell on Mark’s cheek, and he stood up to fully embrace me into his strong arms.

Loud sobs crawled up my throat, and then were dampened by Mark’s thick black coat.

He was drawing circles on my back, sometimes mumbling a “sorry” or “don’t cry my baby”. When I let out an almost not understandable “Yien”, he hugged me even tighter.

 

We stood there for I don’t know how long, and even when I stopped crying he didn’t let go of me, and I was glad. I just realised how much I had missed him, being in his embrace and feeling him against me.

 

“Jinyoung… Baby, I missed you so much … And I’m so sorry … I’m so sorry baby…”

He started to kiss my temple and my cheek, then wandered down and kissed my neck. It was ticklish and a warm feeling was boiling up in my stomach.

 

I grabbed his face and pulled him up to look into his eyes. They were wet, and now I could see the warmth and kindness again. It was just like someone had brought back my Mark, my love.

 

“I missed you too, Yien. I missed you so much…”

 

He smiled the beautiful smile I had been craving for so much, and my heart felt like it was clenching together. It hurt as much as when he had grabbed my wrist, but this time it was a good feeling…

His face came closer to mine, and when I could feel his breath striking my lips, I just wanted to grab him and pull him to me.

And I really did, but when I just was about to crash our lips together, a loud noise was cutting through the comfortable silence of the room.

Turned out, it was Mark’s phone.

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

Mark took a step back, and still holding me with one arm he took the call. He was talking hastily in Chinese, and when he put his phone back into his pocket, he had an apologetic expression on his face.

 

“I’m sorry baby, I have a meeting going on upstairs. When you’re finished with dinner then go back to your room immediately. I’ll be there when I’m finished, okay?”

 

I nooded.

 

He brought me to the restaurant, and when Cassandra saw the both us looking just like usual, she smiled.

 

. . .

 

 

“I think it’s the weather… I don’t know why, but I just felt fine some hours ago…” I said, but wasn’t sure whether they had understand me correctly, because my teeth were chattering so hard, it was good they didn’t splitter.

 

Jackson, Cassandra and I were sitting on the bed of my suit, and I was wrapped in two blankets, while a cooling pack was stuck on my forehead.

 

I didn’t know where I had gotten my fever from all of the sudden. During dinner with Cassandra I had just felt cold from one moment to the other, and sometime later at dessert I had been so cold my lips had almost turned blue.

 

When she had brought me back to my room and had checked my temperature, I had a 39 ° Celsius fever. And now I was wrapped in thick blankets like a burrito, while Jackson was massaging my legs because of all the cramps I got, and Cassandra was changing cooling packs and giving me tea.

 

“Yeah, it’s pretty cold here, but you weren’t outside, were you?”

 

“Now I’m pretty sure Jinyoung was ill already when we were on our way to Taipei. You should have seen him during flight noona! He was all nervous, and tired.”

 

“Our poor Jinyoung… Maybe it would’ve been better if you had stayed in Korea…”

 

“Yeah, but it sounded really urgently when Mark’s grandma called me. She didn’t know how to contact him, because Jinyoung still has no phone…”

 

“Yeah, but I’m still wondering why… When I was at Tuan’s mansion, they seemed to be pretty busy. So there’s no time for getting to know each other and planning Mark and Jinyoung’s wedding…”

 

“I wish we would get married…” I mumbled and snuggled deeper into the soft fabric.

 

“Oh, don’t you worry… When you both came to me this evening it already seemed like he was going to announce your marriage… Even though he was a really weird at first, he seemed fine at the end.”

 

As if Cassandra had called him, he knocked, before stepping into the room, now wearing a casual pullover and a jeans. His hair looked messed up, as if he had just showered.

 

Mark stood there for a while and was watching Jackson, who was still massaging my legs. He narrowed his eyes, and even from fay away I could see how his mouth twitched a little bit.

He was jealous.

 

 

Jackson seemed to notice it as well, because he slowly stopped his action and stood up.

 

“I’m tired guys. See ya tomorrow…”

 

When passing Mark he gave his friend a pat on his shoulder, then he was gone.

 

It was awkwardly quiet in the room, and although I thought Cassandra wasn’t mad at Mark anymore, she was still starring holes into him. And he stared back at her, his eyes as piercing as today noon.

 

“Will you stay with him tonight?” Cassandra’s voice was really calm and serious, which made me shiver even a little bit more.

 

Her mood had changed completely from happy and cosy to …. Undefinable.

 

“Yes.” Mark answered, mirroring her vibes.

 

“Jinyoung got a fever, and needs to rest. Don’t strain him.”

 

“I won’t.”

 

She then stood up, and gave me a kiss on the forehead. Her lips were soft and warm, and I smiled.

 

“I’m staying here right next to Jackson’s room. So if something is the matter, then come right over to me, got it?”

 

“Yes, Noona. Thank you really much.”

 

She smiled at me, and then left the room without another word to Mark.

 

But when she was gone, the mood was still awkward. So it wasn’t just because of Mark and Cassandra having bad vibes towards each other.

 

Mark remained at the door, standing on his left, then on his right leg. He was looking down on his shoes, and although his hands were buried in his pockets, I could still see them fidgeting.

After watching him for a while, I myself had decided to snuggle even deeper into the blanket, the patterns on the sheets were suddenly really really nice and admirable…

 

I think we both could have stood there forever, but this was just a waste of time.

I had missed him so much, so why was I acting like this?

 

“Yien…? Don’t you want to come here?” My voice sounded smaller and weaker than it was supposed to do. But it worked because in the next moment he was right next to me and had pulled me against his chest already.

 

A little smile crept up on my lips.

 

“I missed you so much baby… So much, you can’t believe it…” he mumbled into my hair and placed a kiss on my forehead.

 

I looked up at him, and he smiled back at me.

I think my heart skipped for a beat. Really, it was the most beautiful smile in the world. God, how did I deserve such a handsome, beautiful and sweet person like him?

 

“I love you, Jinyoung.”

“I love you too, Yien.”

 

We laid there on the bed together, and it felt so good, I just let myself forget the circumstances for a moment. We didn’t talk much, I had just put my head on his chest and let him hug me, like there was no tomorrow.

 

“I think we should go back to Nha Trang as soon as possible…” Mark laughed, when the sound of a thunder startled me. He pulled me even closer, and now I could feel his heartbeat against mine.

 

“Oh yes, I have the feeling it’s raining everywhere I go. And it’s cold too. I think the weather is really going on my health…” I pouted and he laughed.

 

“What happened, baby? I mean, we just saw each other like… 4 hours ago, and now you are a little worm in my arms.” He buried his nose in my neck, and it tickled me so hard I cringed and couldn’t stop myself from laughing so hard I got stomach aches.

 

It took a while, before I could answer him.

 

 

“We just ate… And then I didn’t feel good. But don’t worry, I will be fit for tomorrow.”

 

He stopped and hold me a little bit away from him to look me in the eyes.

 

“What do you mean ‘for tomorrow’?”

 

“Your grandfather’s funeral.” I sat up, suddenly I was confused. Wasn’t it clear that the funeral was the reason why I was here?

 

“You're going there?!” His voice suddenly sounded sharp and nervous, he started biting his lip.

 

“Yes, that is the reason why I am here. What did you think?”

 

The mood had changed completely. No sweet kisses, no cuddling anymore. I could feel how it…

 

It was quiet for a while, while I was watching him brooding and thinking really hard about something, though I really wanted to know what the problem was.  I knew that he was thinking about something really important, he always had a look like that when it came to company and work things.

 

“Jinyoung… I think it is better if you don’t come to the funeral tomorrow.”

 

“What? Why?!”

 

“You’re ill, and I don’t want you to get worse. Also… you know, it’d be the first time for you and my family to meet each other. Tomorrow will be a stressful day for all of us. And I don’t know if both sides can handle this.”

 

“But… But your…”

 

“I’m begging you. It's really not the right time for you to meet my family. Let’s wait for some more, another occasion, when there aren’t hundreds of people in our house and because of such a sad matter. And wouldn’t it be better if I could prepare you to meet my family so you will know how to get along with them…?”

 

I sunk deeper in my bed. Now I felt cold, but not just on the outside, but also on the inside.

Mostly the last sentence had hit me really hard, though everything he had said was hurting me deeply.

It just confirmed all my worries, although I had hoped he would encourage me even more to meet his family. I mean, if the situation was the other way around, I would be so glad about Mark meeting my family and showing support.

 

I took deep breathes in order not to cry and to sort myself. It took a while for me to say something, and it sounded even weaker than at the beginning.

 

“You are afraid of me meeting your family. Because I might embarrass you… Because you’re not ready to show that we are dating.”

The first point was what I filtered out of what he had said. But the second one was just logic, given the fact that his brother hadn't know about me when we had met in Vietnam, and the fact that his grandmother had invited me behind his back to the funeral.

Wouldn’t he have taken me with him, wouldn’t he have contacted me during all this time, if he had wanted his family to know about me…?

 

“This is why you were so upset to see me before… This is why you freaked out down there when you saw me with Cassandra.”

 

 

“No, no! It’s not like that!” His voice had gotten higher, and that confirmed my theory.

“Jinyoung, this isn't like that, really. I’m honest. It’s just…”

He didn’t know what to say, because everything I had said was true.

 

I turned my back towards him and pulled the blanket as high as I could. Tears were rolling down my cheek and wet my soft pillow.

My head was really pounding hard now, and although my body was heated and hot like fire, I still remained in the cocoon that was my blankets.

 

“Don’t worry. You can call your grandmother to tell her she doesn’t need to send someone to pick me up tomorrow. I’m sorry, but I don’t feel really well and won't attend the funeral.”

 

“Jinyoung… I…”

 

“I’m tired and will rest now.”

 

I had closed my eyes, but tears still came out. It felt terrible to lie and having a stuffy nose, I could barely breathe.

How could a good and beautiful situation like we had it before turn into something so ugly and bad…?

 

“Baby… I’m sorry…”

It sounded weird now to me when he said baby. It suddenly sounded so fake…

 

I could feel how he lied down beside me, and I didn’t move an inch, so he could only wrap one arm around me.

His face was buried into my neck and his hand was resting on my tummy, where I felt a big lump.

 

"I’m sorry, Jinyoung. It’s a really hard time for me now, and I really don’t know what to do. But there is one thing you can believe. Never forget... I love you more than anything else in the world. And after all this is over, I will treat you the way you deserve it…”

 

I stayed still the whole time, and sometime later I fell asleep…

 

Even in my dreams I could hear it again and again, as if he was mumbling it right beside me.

 

“Never forget: I love you more than anything else in the world. And you are the only one…”

 

 

. . .

 

 

I woke up early the next morning, but he was already gone.

To be honest, I was glad. Even when thinking about him, it made me feel sad and disappointed again.

 

Actually I just wanted to fly back as soon as possible – why stay here when your own boyfriend didn’t want you there – but without even moving one finger I knew my illness had gotten worse during the night.

 

I could barely feel my limbs, they were completely down from cramps. And I was sweating so hard my clothes were moist. Though I felt cold like an ice block.

 

But I knew I had to get up to take a bath. If Jack or Cassie saw me like that they would be really worried, and that was the last thing I wanted now, considering the fact they had to attend the funeral and had taken care of me too much already.

 

Getting to the bathroom was hell of a trip, and waiting for the water to be ready was tiring.

I leaned against the wall and drank a glass of water I had gotten from the sink.

 

With a sight I undressed myself and folded my pyjamas together. I wouldn’t be able to wear it again…

 

The water felt good and I sank deeper into the warmth. I could feel how my body relaxed.

I hadn't taken a look into the mirror, but I knew my eyelids were swollen like fruits, so I just kept my eyes closed.

 

 

It was really hard but I managed to keep most of my thoughts away from Mark and yesterday’s events.

 

I lifted my hand out of the water to look at my wrinkled fingers, when my eyes fell on my wrist, where Mark had grabbed me yesterday.

 

Great, now I was thinking about him again…

 

My spot there was covered in yellow, blue and purple fingerprints. When I tapped it lightly it was hurting a little bit.

 

What for god’s sake had happened yesterday…?

 

So when we met the first time he was angry and mad to see me here. And when we had talked alone in the washroom, he suddenly had been apologetic and all his normal and loving self again.

And when he had come here to my suit, he had been a little bit awkward at first, but then sweet and caring again.

Only when he had said I should go back… suddenly the mood had changed.

 

Yes, it really hurt me that he wasn’t ready to be official with me. It was just so contrary that he was saying he loved me and I was the only one, but wanted to hide me from everyone. I couldn’t trust his words, if he was acting like a cold jerk.

 

"Are you worried that something happened…? Like Mark betraying you…” Cassandra’s words were echoing in my mind again, and suddenly I shivered.

 

Maybe he was hiding something from me for real… Maybe he didn’t want me to meet his family because… I don't know, maybe he was already married and had two children or something like that…

 

But that was actually ridiculous, because then his grandmother wouldn’t have invited me here. This was completely nonsense.

 

I should face it.

He didn’t want to introduce me to this family. Probably because he wasn’t ready for such a big step.

Maybe because I would embarrass him. Maybe it was because I was poor and my family didn’t have a successful company. Maybe he was afraid I might come off as gold digger…

 

 

 

“Jinyoung! Where are your sweetie?!”

 

Cassie’s voice startled me so much I almost fell into the tube.

 

“I’m here in the bathroom!"

 

I knew they would come in so I stepped out and into the bathrobe which was hanging off the wall right next to me.

 

They were both dressed in black clothes. Cassandra was wearing a long black dress with a black fur jacket, while Jackson was simply wearing a totally black suit. They both looked great.

 

“We prepared some breakfast in your room, and afterwards we will…” Jackson stopped in the middle of the sentence to stare at me, probably my eyes.

 

Cassandra’s eyes changed from shocked and worried into furious.

 

“WHAT THE HELL DID THAT BASTARD DO?! I’M GONNA KILL HIM!”

 

I turned around, not wanting them to see me like that.

 

“Jack…? What were you saying?”

 

“Uhm… breakfast, and then we will go to the funeral together.” He looked like he still trying to figure out what these two monster things were there instead of my eyes.

 

“I won't go there, I guess… And with these eyes I don’t want to either.” I sighted and started washing up myself.

 

“He told you not to go there, right…?” Cassandra hissed, and I think it had been a good idea to turn away from them.

 

“Hmmm…”, was everything I could say with the tooth brush in my mouth.

 

“Seems like Grandmother Tuan had expected this. She just called some minutes ago and told me she insisted you to come. Even when I explained you didn’t feel good.” Jackson sighted.

 

I spitted out and turned around to them surprised.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes, she really wants to meet you to get to know you. And we still couldn’t figure out why… Apparently she has an intention, and Mark has one too by not wanting you to go.”

Jackson was right. There was an intention, on Mark’s side as well as on his grandmother’s side. What it was, I really needed to know it. And it didn’t seem like the old lady was giving me another choice too, wasn’t she?

 

“Hmmm… But we will only find out by going there… So I will go even against Mark’s will.”

 

“Are you feeling good enough to go?”

 

I smiled at Jackson, and was glad I had found such a good friend in this guy.

 

“Let's be honest. Do I have another choice?”

 

"Yes, that's good. Then I will get you some cool packs. Maybe we can still save these two sweet eyes of yours.” Cassie mumbled and was already on her way out.

 

 

Well, Jackson had been right. It wasn’t as intimate as I thought it would be.

Even from far away you could already see a big crowd standing around what I thought was the tomb.

 

The graveyard where Mark’s grandfather was supposed to be buried was a large area, and not full with graves, so I guess it was a special place, only for rich people.

And there weren’t just normal tomb stones. At every grave there was a mausoleum built up, each one looking bigger and more powerful than the other.

 

Jackson, Cassandra and I didn’t even get near the grave. We could hear how a man and a woman held speeches in Chinese as well as English.

 

I looked around to find Mark, or Joey, but didn’t get a glimpse of them. Probably they were standing right next to their grandfather’s coffin.

 

Also, it was hard to see through all this people with their black umbrellas.

It was still raining heavily, and cold wind was wavering through this area as well. The weather was really pressing the mood even more.

 

Now a priest was talking and I folded my hands together.

It was so quiet that the sound of the raindrops was unusual noisy and somehow inappropriate as he was quoting out of the bible.

 

I noticed that nobody cried.

I wasn’t on many funerals, but there were always people, mostly the family, who were crying. This really dismissed every kind of intimacy.

 

The coldness was creeping through my suit to my skin, and I had to bite my lip really hard to prevent my teeth from chattering.

I closed my eyes and breathed in and out, tried to get the warmth back I had felt after the soothing bath.

My head was pounding and now I really wished I was back in the suit.

 

 

I yelped when I suddenly felt something heavy on my shoulder, which was warm and soft.

When I teared up my eyes and looked back, I saw a tall foreign man with blonde hair and blue eyes.

 

He smiled at me amusingly.

 

Don’t be afraid young man. My Master saw you shivering so he gave you his coat. When everyone is back in the Tuan’s mansion I will return it to him, so don’t worry, just wear it, and I will eventually take it back when you don’t need it anymore.

 

I couldn’t even answer him, or thank him, when he had already disappeared in the crowd of black dressed people.

 

I was still surprised, when I turned back to Cassie and Jack, who were staring at me like I was an alien.

 

“Who was this guy, Jinyoung?! And why did he give you his coat?” Cassandra whispered, her eyes widened like sausages.

 

“I don’t know. I was cold, and suddenly he came to me and gave it to me. He said ‘his master’.”

 

“I think I have seen this guy somewhere…” Jackson mumbled.

 

Some people in front of us turned to us and gave us a weird look so we shut up.

 

 

We stood there for over two hours, and I was really thankful to the person who gave me this coat. It was getting colder and colder, but the coat kept me warm and cosy.

 

Sometimes I looked around, maybe I would find at least the man who had given it to me.

Maybe it was Mark, who had seen me and had sent me his coat.

With this size it would have fitted him.

 

 

Sometime later the speech came to an end, and the people started to head to the parking area.

 

I was about to go there with Cassandra and Jackson, when a hand on my arm stopped me.

 

I turned around - expecting the guy who gave me the coat - and faced an elderly woman, maybe 70 or 80, but it was really hard to say, because despite her grey hair her face still looked young and smooth.

And when our eyes met I knew exactly who she was.

Mark had her dark eyes.

 

Hello, young man.”

 

I bowed down upon hearing her heavy and serious voice. She looked like a person you had to act really respectful to immediately. Not like a usual grandma, who seemed friendly and easy going.

 

Hello… Mrs Tuan.”

 

You seem to know who I am even before I have introduced myself. How does it come?”

 

Well… Uhm… You shared your eyes with Mark.”

 

“Indeed. Do you want to come with me to farewell my husband? I haven't seen you in the front.”

Although this was actually a question, I knew that it wasn’t. You couldn’t say no, and nodding was just a form of saying ‘I understood’.

 

Cassandra, Jackson, you can go back first. Jinyoung will head back with me. We will see you at the commemoration ceremony.

 

We both went to the tomb of Grandfather Tuan, and I was surprised by how huge it was. And it looked so strong and timeless, built out of marble, but with silver patterns.

In the middle there was a picture of him, and I wasn’t surprised that he looked like an older version of Mark.

 

We both bowed down in front of the picture, and I folded my hands together.

It was quiet for a while, and when I took a little peek at the woman beside me, I saw her lips moving quietly.

 

Did you know it is family tradition to build the tomb of a deceased as big as the role he had in the family?

 

It is very big.”

 

Yes. My husband was the root of this family, strong and firm. He was the person to make the Tuan family rise.”

 

I see.”

 

Do you know what happens if the root of something dies?”

 

I gulped, my throat was suddenly so dry, I wasn’t sure whether I could speak.

 

The whole plant dies.”

 

Yes. That’s one option. But another one would be that the plant grows another root, maybe even stronger than before, because one part of the origin root remained.

 

I nodded, and tried to figure out what she was implying. She didn’t seem like an old lady who blabbered confusing things.

 

Let’s talk further in the car.”

 

 

On the way to the black limousine I thought harder about her words. So, her husband was the old root. The plant was the whole family. And was Mark the…

 

I think you are aware that Mark is our firstborn grandson. And I’m also sure, you know that my husband and I practically raised and educated him.”

 

I know, Ma’am.”

 

Now, that my husband died Mark will inherit something incredibly big and important.”

 

I didn’t realise we had arrived at the Tuan mansion until I was pressed into the seats when the driver stopped abruptly. But it didn’t seem like we would get out anytime soon.

 

Now I looked directly into her eyes, knowing she was getting to the heart of her speech.

 

She had given me some pieces of a puzzle, but the most important one was given to me right now. I just had the feeling, and also, I was sure the whole picture wouldn’t be really pleasant for me.

 

Jinyoung, you might be a really nice guy. And I know that you and my grandson share some special feelings towards each other. I had watched you two for almost three months, but now that my husband has died, I must stop watching and act.”

 

I just listened - hardly breathing - because her words were now shooting into my mind.

It was crystal clear. I finally knew the reason. The reason why she had invited me here.

 

Mark is going to become the new root that the Tuan family needs. But you aren’t the person who can turn him into this strong and firm root. That is why I am asking you to accept that you both have to separate.

 

She wasn’t asking me. This was a demand.

 

Why…?

 

Now she smiled at me again, and my blood froze in my veins.

 

Mark may didn’t have a proper childhood, but now that I let him play for some time, he has to grow up, and his path was already decided when he left for Korea. Don’t take these words as insult, but you are weak, own nothing that could be helpful for my grandson. You are just a burden that keeps Mark away from growing into the root he must need to be.”

 

I see.” As I spoke out the words, one piece of my heart fell on the floor of the car. I looked down where I assumed it was, shattered and bleeding.

 

 

I had been so wrong. So wrong…

The whole time, since I started this trip to Taiwan, I had believed she had invited me in order to get to know me, to welcome me as Mark’s boyfriend. But she had known me already, she had known I was Mark’s boyfriend. And she would be the one who was going to separate us.

I inhaled, but it felt like the air was going into a deep and dark hole endlessly.

 

Well, I can trust on you keeping this conversation just between the two of us. Please pull yourself together now.

 

Easy to say for her. Her world wasn’t shattered into pieces like mine just had been in the last few minutes.

 

How can you be sure to separate him from me?”

 

I can promise you, Mark is going to give you a reason to leave him. And then you will be the one, who will keep him away as far as possible. So let’s go to the ceremony.”

 

 

. . .

 

Author POV

 

 

“Jinyoung…. I’m asking you for the last time. Tell us what you talked about. You have been silent for almost an hour now.” Cassandra was losing her patient, and at the same time she was so worried about her friend.

 

Since they had met Jinyoung half an hour ago - after they had seen Mark’s grandmother passing them in the hall - he had been silent. At first he had even looked unsettled, and hadn’t even noticed his friend standing in the hall of the Tuan villa and waiting for him. Jackson had to drag him back. But ever since then Jinyoung hadn’t said anything, just nodding or shaking his head. His eyes had turned glazed, and by the way how Jinyoung didn’t answer their questions, Jackson knew that the younger lad was in deep thoughts.

 

Jackson and Cassandra heaved a sigh when Jinyoung finally opened his mouth.

 

“Nothing really important… She just introduced herself.” Jinyoung’s voice was pressed, and it was obvious this wasn’t the story. At least not the whole one.

They wanted to ask more, but the first butler invited the guests into the Tuan’s ball room.

 

Today there was a small stage in the middle in the room with a wooden console on it. Around the stage little round table with grey tablecloths were lined up. The curtains were also grey, and opened to let in the sight of the still bad weather.

 

Jackson and Cassandra pulled Jinyoung to a table further away from the stage. They still wanted to talk to Jinyoung without earning too much attention. Also, Jackson had the feeling, nobody should notice Jinyoung right now, especially Mark’s family, especially in this state.

They were served appetizers, but nobody of them touched the food. Jinyoung was staring holes into the already holey cheese, and the other two were staring holes into Jinyoung.

The main course was on the table, when suddenly Mark stood on the stage.

 

Everyone was now staring at the handsome man, who was looking to good in this black suit, hair gelled back, more mature then he had been some weeks ago.

 

He was holding a microphone when standing behind the console. Everyone could see how he took a deep breath before starting to speak.

 

Jinyoung’s attention was on his boyfriend immediately.

He had to find the reason why he would leave Mark. He couldn’t think of anything. But it had to come now, because Jinyoung wasn’t supposed to be here, and Mark didn’t seem to know.

 

The eyes of the young heir were empty, he wasn’t looking at anybody or anything in particular when talking.

 

“Ladies and Gentlemen. As the heir of Tuan Company and the first born grandson of my belated grandfather I want to thank you all for coming today. This is very sad day, and I’m glad all of you are here to be with us in this hard time...”

 

He started talking about his grandfather’s life, his achievements, mentioning some people in this room, who stood up and bowed down, and at last about his official will.

 

“Some of you may already know, that when he died he left me a big and important responsibility, which he had carried on his shoulder for a long time. I know, I’m not him, and can't be like him, but I will try my best to make my grandfather proud of me, and letting him go with no regrets.”

 

Everyone clapped for a moment, and Mark went on when it was quiet again.

 

“At last… Even if this is the day that we bid our farewells to him, I’d like to announce this news to you. It was the last wish of my grandfather, and if he was here, he would be really happy to see me telling you this.”

 

Suddenly a young woman came up to the stage, dressed in a very long black dress. She was smiling, although this was actually not really appropriate now.

 

Jinyoung had grabbed the table cloth, his heart was beating hard and fast against his chest, and his throat was dry like paper. His feeling was telling him that Mark’s grandmother had been right…

 

“My grandfather’s last wish, when he was lying on his death bed was the merge of the Chaos and the Tuans, in family as well as business. I want to hereby officially announce Christine’s and my wedding in summer.”

 

The whole room was quiet, some out if surprise, some out of jealousy, and some just out of shock.

 

But there was one person feeling nothing in his inside. He just felt emptiness. And something he was already familiar, disappointment. Whether it was because of himself, or of Mark, he didn’t know.

 

Jinyoung knew someone was watching him, and when he turned his head he saw Mark’s grandmother smiling triumphantly, like ‘I told you’.

 

Jinyoung’s eyes went back and forth, from Mark, to the old woman who was sitting at the family table.

 

It was still silent in the room, when Jinyoung stood up, and clapped.

It was a loud clap, and Mark, who had fixed his eyes on the floor, lifted his head, and when he saw who was congratulating him to his wedding first, he could have yelped. But he just inhaled sharply, rubbing his eyes to make sure he wasn’t having illusions.

 

Jackson and Cassandra started to clap along, and then suddenly the whole crowd had stood up and was clapping.

 

The girl next to Mark was smiling even wider, happy about everyone’s approval. Mark’s and her family were also standing up, coming to the stage. Christine wanted to grab Mark’s arm, but the latter had already hopped off the stage, to follow Jinyoung, who had just rushed out.

 

“Jinyoung! Wait!”

 

He pushed Jackson and Cassandra away and wrapped his arms around the younger one.

 

Jinyoung didn’t respond, he didn’t do anything. He just stood there like a statue, even unable to feel anything right now.

 

He felt numb, just numb. As if someone had cut all the strings of his emotions.

 

“Let us talk. We need to.”

 

. . .

 

Jinyoung POV

 

I knew we had gone into Mark’s grandfather his old office, when I saw a big picture of the family hanging at the wall right behind the desk. It showed Mark, his siblings and parents, and right beside him his grandparents.

 

The room was dark, just like the mood was right now.

 

He sat me on the couch, then kneeling in front of me to look me into the eyes.

 

“It isn't what it looks like Jinyoung… This is all… I can explain.”

 

I was still staring into the air, but answered him with hoarse voice.

“You explained it pretty good on stage, thank you.”

 

“No, no! Listen, this… marriage… Before I came to Korea I had to agree to one condition, and this was to marry Christine Chao. It all was before me met each other. But Jinyoung, I only love you. I swear, the only person I want to be with is you. This marriage means nothing me, believe me.”

 

“Well, that’s good for me, isn't it…?” How could I manage to sound sarcastically in this situation…? I mean, my life seemed to shatter right now…

 

“Baby…” He grabbed my face and kissed me.

“I love you, and no matter what, we will stay together.”  His words sounded so honest somehow, so strong and confident. Was he even understanding the situation…? I mean, he was the one to get married to someone. He was the one, who was going to leave me, wasn’t he…?

 

“Well, you sure you can handle a wife and a boyfriend?”  My voice was getting higher and thinner.

 

How would I describe my emotional state right now? I felt like a heavy and hard metal pot on the cooker. And inside of me I was boiling water. The water was starting to get warm and bubbly. And someone had just put up a lid on me.

 

 

“You don’t believe me, right?” Mark sighted. “I knew this would happen, so wait…”

 

He stood up, went to the table and took out a staple of papers. When he got back in front of me, he put one document on my lap, and my eyes fell on the word buying contract.

 

“See, the house we are currently living in. It is yours now. I bought it under your name, and when you return to Korea, you will live there. I will have to stay here for some more time, but when I come back to study, then we will live together there again, just like before, okay…? See this as a proof of my love. A gift, a symbol of our love.”

 

He put another document on my lap. This time it was a contract for a scholarship.

 

“And see, you don’t have to worry about money or anything else. I took care of anything, so just study. And if you are finished, then you will be placed into a manager position of Tuan Company.”

 

 

He grabbed my hands and put kisses on my knuckles. A little smile was playing on his lips.

 

“Don’t worry. We love each other, and nothing will separate us, not even this marriage. After one year, when the merge between Tuan and Chao is completed, I will divorce her and then we can officially be together.”

 

“Officially together…”, I whispered, while turning the contracts.

 

And in fact, on all contracts there were my signs, although I was sure I had never seen these documents before. Never ever in my life. And even if, I would have never agreed to this.

 

“And you are sure this is going to work for us…?” I asked, not sure if he had heard me. It was just a movement of the lips.

 

“Yes!” Mark was so happy right now, that I just had to look at him in disbelief. “Yes, it will work out, don’t worry. I have checked everything back in Korea. Don’t worry baby, I love you, and I would never let you down.”

 

He was going to kiss me again, but in this moment the water inside me was boiling and had shot the lid away. The hot liquid was flowing over, and I pushed him away, so hard, he fell against the couch table.

His eyes were widened in shock, and his chin had dropped.

 

“You son of a ! You took my sign from the visa back in Vietnam, and put it under these…” I couldn’t speak out the word ‘contracts’, while standing up and weaving the documents in front of his face.

And now I finally understood the expression “Seeing red out of angriness”.

 

“And do you really think I will gladly accept this, fall into your arms again, like nothing happened?!”

 

I stomped with my foot on floor, just some inches away from his leg.

 

“Do you think, I would accept this all and become the boy next to your wife?! Do you think now I don’t care anymore that you are married to another person?! What am I?! Your cheap ?! Do you think that is what I am? Someone you can buy, and then own?!” I was shouting at him now, my voice was louder than I have ever heard it. Never ever had I been so angry before. Nothing had driven me into such rage.

 

“You know what? You and your grandmother are the most disgusting people I’ve ever known in my whole life. Everything for you is about money and social power, and you think you can get everything with money. I might be poor and own nothing special, but that doesn’t mean, I can’t love you, or be paid by you so I would stay with you.”

 

I panted, sweat was running down my forehead. That is how outraged I was.

 

“You both are sick! So sick! And I’m so sick of all this here!”

 

Mark grabbed my shoulder, and kissed me again.

 

“Jinyoung! Listen to me, I didn’t mean it ….~”

 

My hand had landed in his face before he could finish his sentence. Now that I could feel stingy pain in my palm, the tears were coming. I couldn’t and I wouldn’t stop them.

 

“Didn’t mean it…? How did you mean it then…? Good?” I sobbed into my sleeve.

 

“I really loved you Mark, I really did. Not because of your money, your company or your power. I just loved you, the person I got to know. I trusted you, gave you everything… And what did you do…? Since the day we met each other, you lied to me. I even forgave you once, twice, because I trusted in the good side of you. But now I don’t know who you are anymore… Did you even love me once, or was I just something, a way to rebel against your grandparents?”

 

He was taking a step closer to me, but I backed away.

 

“How could you do this to me? What have I done to you? What did I ever do to deserve you…?”

 

He tried to embrace me, but I shoved his arms away.

 

“Jinyoung… Listen to me, you are misunderstanding this all right now. I know what just happened cannot be forgiven, and I know I don’t deserve you. But I love you, and I want to keep you by my side, no matter how. So I’m begging you, please stay with me…” Tears were running down his cheeks, and he looked so helpless.

 

One part inside of me was shouting, telling me to grab him, and soothe him. It told me to forget everything, to accept everything, so I could somehow be with Mark.

 

I shook my head slowly. No, I wasn’t going to stay with him.

Mark’s grandmother had been right. He had given me a reason to leave him.

I just couldn’t stand it anymore. I just couldn’t stand him anymore.

 

I looked at the papers in my hand. They were wrinkled because I had clenched it into a fist. With one last breath I teared them apart in the middle.

 

“It’s over Mark… It’s enough.”

 

I was making my way to the door, when he wrapped his arms around me from the back. I could feel how he was shivering, and he cried into my shoulder.

 

 

“Jinyoung, please… Don’t leave me! I love you, please forgive me! I love you and I can’t live without you…”

 

“Let me go…”

 

“I will make this up to you! I won’t marry her anymore! I will announce it right now, when we go out there! I will tell all of them that I only love you!”

 

“She is not the problem, Mark… It’s you.”

 

I slowly unwrapped myself from him, and stepped out.

 

Jackson and Cassandra had been waiting outside, and when I came out, they hurried to me, and Cassie took my hand.

 

“Jinyoung…”

 

“Can I have some time alone please..? I need to sort out everything…”

 

. . .

 

 

Author POV

 

 

As Jinyoung was walking slowly down the halls he could feel how he lost his energy step by step. With every movement it was harder for him to keep his eyes focused.

The adrenaline which had helped him to be angry and furious was gone, and now he could feel how hard the pain was pounding against his temples, and he was colder than ever.

He would have given everything now to get back this stranger’s coat.

 

He stopped and leaned himself against the wall to take a little break. But not too long, Jinyoung really needed to get out of here. He would go crazy, if he stayed in that damn house any longer.

Jinyoung really tried to push himself away from the wall, but instead slid down slowly, and fell on his .

Dizziness came over him, and he panted.

 

“Not now…” he mumbled and tried to stand up, but his legs had given up, and slowly his mind was too. Everything was so awful right now.

Darkness came over him, and he was really at the edge of falling unconscious when he suddenly felt two strong arms grabbing him and lifting him up.  

He heavily opened his eyes, ready to mumble to this person to put him down, when he saw the person’s face, hair, and then his eyes, which were now looking worriedly at him.

 

I’m glad I came in time… Sorry I didn’t get you out of here earlier…”

 

Jinyoung still managed to put on a weak smile on his pale lips.

 

Thank you for coming anyway…”

 

The person gave him a smile back. He knew this house, so he took a way out of there, so nobody could see them.

One butler was waiting for them already, and opened the door of one black limousine.

 

We need to go to the hospital.”

 

 

Meanwhile in back in the office, Jackson had already pinned Mark up on the wall right next to the picture of the Tuan family, while Cassandra was sitting on the couch and crying.

 

“What do you think you are?! How could you do this to him?” Jackson shouted at Mark, who was just hanging some inches above the floor and staring into the air, as if he was all alone.

 

Jackson was so furious right now, just like Jinyoung had been some time before. He was so angry about what his best friend had done to the boy he had gotten to love during the last weeks.

Jackson couldn’t even imagine how Jinyoung was feeling right now, but it must be worse than awful.

 

 

“Talk to me! Are you even human?! Have you ever loved him?!”

 

Jackson wanted to punch him, but he had to hold himself back. Violence wasn’t the best way, Mark still was his friend, and it seemed like Jinyoung had given him something already.

 

 

“How could we let him come here, Jackson…?! Why didn’t we…” Cassandra cried so hard she couldn’t even breathe properly.

 

She was shocked, since Mark had announced the marriage. But now everything had finally made sense… That she had met Christine here in Taipei, although she actually never came to such events. And all the stress in the Tuan family, the whispering of all the maids and butler, when they had thought, Cassandra couldn’t hear them.

 

“This wasn’t the plan…” Mark mumbled, and Jackson lost it all.

 

“You in bastard!” Jackson’s fist flew into Mark’s face and the young heir slid down the wall.

 

“Jackson!” Cassandra was by his side, and pulled him to the couch.

 

Two hours passed away until Jackson was cooled down to a level where he wouldn’t hit Mark again. Mark was still on the floor, he had grabbed his hair and was mumbling things down there.

Cassandra had found the ripped documents on the floor, and now she knew why they had heard Jinyoung shouting from inside the room.

Just when she looked out of the window, she noticed it was almost night, and they hadn’t heard anything from Jinyoung.

He had told them he wanted to be alone, but he didn’t know this place, and Cassandra knew, he was still ill.

 

“I need both of you now! We need to find Jinyoung! Something is wrong!"

 

....

 

So, I hoped you enjoyed it... ^___^ I love you all so much.... ♥♥♥