Ch.5 - He's Mine?

Was It Worth It?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third POV

"So what are you going to do," Taehyung asked as he and Chanyeol were walking to class.

"Let's see," Chanyeol said, abruptly stopping to put on his thinking face. "First of all I need to know all about Byun Baekhyun. All we know is that he is friend with your crush." Taehyung's eyes double in size. He pushed Chanyeol to the wall and covered Chanyeol's mouth with his hands.

"Don’t say that out loud. I don't want people to hear it," he said, slowly removing his hands.

"Whatever, man," Chanyeol shrugged. Noticing there were a few students left in the hallway, they continued their walk. "As I was saying, he’s a friend with Jungkook, who happen to be your partner."

"Ok, and," Taehyung asked. Seeing Chanyeol stop, he turned around to find Chanyeol standing there with a huge grin on his face. Scratching his head for a bit, Taehyung finally understand what Chanyeol was suggesting. “Oh no! I'm not asking him."

"Oh come on,” he said, grabbing a hold of Taehyung’s arm. “How hard can it be? Just ask him a few questions."

"Why don't you ask him then," Taehyung asked, pulling his arm away.

"Because you guys know each other,” he said. “It would be weird for me to ask him."

"And it wouldn't be for me," Taehyung asked.

"Please," Chanyeol begged, placing his hands together in front of him and pouted.

"Oh no. Don't you dare use that face," Taehyung said, shaking his hands. Chanyeol continued to pouted and as an added bonus, he started to releases some whimper sounds. Looking like a kicked puppy, Taehyung knew he couldn’t win and finally give up.

"Fine," he groaned, face palming himself.

"Yes," Chanyeol yelled, jumping up.

"But you're going to treat me out this whole week," Taehyung interrupted his victory jump.

"Hmm... ok," he said like it was no big deal.

"What do you want to know," he asked, straightening his backpack.

"I don't know yet,” Chanyeol said, not fully thinking this one through. “I'll come up with some questions during class and hand it to you after."

"Fine,” Taehyung said before rushing themselves to class. “Hurry up. Let's go to class before we're late."

 

Taehyung POV

Fifth period was over and Chanyeol handed me a list of things he wanted to know. Damn, how am I going to ask him? Should I just come out and tell him that Chanyeol like Eyeliner? If I do that, he might tell Eyeliner. I don't want things to turn out for the worse.

As I entered Mrs. Kim's class, I noticed that I was early. Jungkook wasn’t there yet so I went straight to my desk. I'll ask him later when we are allowed to work with our partners. Last class was boring and I was getting tired as the day was about to end, so I put my head down before closing my eyes. A little rest wouldn’t hurt.

For some reason, I started thinking about Jungkook.  Why was he being nice to me all of a sudden? I appreciate it but out of all the time, why now? Does he want to be friends again? Or maybe he’s being nice because we're partners? Yeah, that sounds just about right. He wants a good grade that’s why he's trying to be on my good side. But why does he had that picture in his notebook? He is confusing me. Are we friends now? He got me a cake but I don't know why. Jungkook, what are you trying to do? Do you want to friend or are you playing with me? I don't know what to think anymore. Taking a deep breath and collecting my thought, I came up with conclusion.

We're not friends, just partners. He just being nice that's all. I shouldn't get my hope up with him anymore. He left me once, he'll leave me again if he had the chance.

Man, who is tapping on my shoulder. Don't they see I'm resting. Raising my head, I noticed him stand next to me. "Oh... hey," I said as I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

"Hey Taehyung,” he greeted. “Had a nice nap?"

"It was ok," I said, let out a small laugh while scratching the back of my head. Why is this so awkward? I looked around the classroom and see most of the other students are here. Some of them were looking at us and whispering among each other. I bet they couldn’t believe a Kingka was talking to me. "They're only partners, that why he's talking to him," I heard one of them said. They are right though, we're only partners. There’s no reason for them to be upset about us then.

"I forgot that I lend my notebook to you yesterday. Can I have it back,” he asked. “I need it to take note."

"Ah, right," I said, opening my backpack and retrieving his notebook before handing it back to him. "Sorry,"

"It's okay," he said, giving me a smile before walking back to his seat.  As he walked away, I conti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter