Ch.19 - He's Where?

Was It Worth It?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third POV

The rest of the week was lonely for Taehyung. Staying home all day, Jungkook never replied to any of his text. So as soon as he spots him walking at school, he made his presence known. "Jungkook," Taehyung yelled, smiling as he sees Jungkook turn around. "I texted you all day yesterday, why didn't you text back?"

Looking away, Jungkook says, "I was busy. I'm sorry."

"It's okay then," Taehyung said, giving him one of his smiles. "Class is about to start. I'll see you at lunch?"

"About that,” Jungkook said, patting Taehyung on the chest. “The guys want me to eat with them today."

"Oh, okay. I'll eat with Yoongi then," he said, feeling a little bit disappointed. He didn't know why but Jungkook was acting different today. Brushing it off, he believed Jungkook got off on the wrong side of the bed today. "See you later then."

"Yeah sure," Jungkook said before leaving. Taehyung was really confused now. Usually, Jungkook would kiss him before leaving but he didn't. Something must be wrong. But being Taehyung, he turned around and head to class, not over thinking what just happen.

 

"Hey, Taehyung. Where's Jungkook," Yoongi had asked, seeing his cousin walking to the table. Usually he sees Jungkook attach to Taehyung so seeing him by himself was weird.

"Oh, he said he was eating with his friends," Taehyung answered while sitting down with his tray. 

"Really? That's weird,” Yoongi stated. “Why didn't he bring you with him?"

"I don't know Yoongi. Just drop it, Yoongi. Don't you want my company," he asked trying to change the subject. In fact, he was disappointed with it too, but what can he do.

"Whatever," Yoongi said, shrugging it off. If Taehyung doesn’t want to talk about it then he won’t bring it up.

"So what's up," Taehyung asked, trying to strike a conversation.

"Nothing," Yoongi simple replied.

"Really? Then why do you look sad," Taehyung pointed out.

"I'm not sad," Yoongi murmured.

"Really?" Taehyung look at Yoongi and it appears that Yoongi was looking at someone. Looking at the same direction of which Yoongi is looking at, he see Jimin eating with his friends. Jungkook and Baekhyun were there, too. Not only that, it's seem like the two guys that were at the park was also there, laughing with each other. Feeling jealous, he turned his attention back to Yoongi. "Does it have to do with Jimin?"

"What are you talking about," Yoongi asked, looking away from the group.

"You're staring at him," he stated. "And your face looks regretful. You were quiet all day yesterday, too. What happen after the movie?"

Turning away, Yoongi says, "Nothing happen."

"Yoongi," Taehyung said.

"What," Yoongi asked, busy playing with his food.

"Look into my eyes and say nothing happen." After saying that, Yoongi look directly into Taehyung’s eyes but doesn’t say anything. Instead, they had a fierce staring contest. Both of them didn't want to blink and lucky for Taehyung, he played this a million times with Chanyeol and always wins. Eyes getting teary, Yoongi’s eyes shut tight.

"Oh god, you win ok." Yoongi said, blinking rapidly to stop the burn.

"Hehe, no one will ever beat me,” Taehyung said, doing a victory dance in his seat. Getting back on track, he asks, “So what happen that night?"

Rubbing his eyes, Yoongi says, "Jimin confess to me."

"Well, isn't that a good thing," Taehyung asked, not seeing what was wrong.

"I turned him down," Yoongi added.

"What?" Confused, Taehyung thought Yoongi liked Jimin by the way they act. "Don't you like him?"

"Yeah," he admitted. 

"So why," Taehyung asked.

Taking a deep breath, Yoongi says, "Cause long distant relationship doesn’t last long."

"Long dist... oh," Taehyung said, fully understanding the situation. Yoongi was going back home when school is over.

"You understand? I don't want hurt him when I leave and may not come back," Yoongi stated. He knows that’s a stupid excuses but it’s too late now. "Taehyung?"

"You're stupid."

"What," Yoongi said, taken aback from that statement. How was he stupid?

"You're not scared of hurting him. You're scared of getting hurt. If you told him that you didn't want to hurt him, you already did,” Taehyung stated. “You didn't even give him a chance. I know Jimin. He may look strong on the outside but he's delicate on the inside. As your cousin, I think you should give him a chance. Isn't relationship is based on taking chances? You wouldn't know until you try and I think you should try it with Jimin." Not knowing what to say, he was stun about what Taehyung had said. Taehyung, being mature? When did that happen?

"Did the alien finally abduct you and experiment with you to make you smarter," he said, laughing. 

"Shut up, I was always smart. Besides, why would an alien abduct its own kind," Taehyung defended himself. "As I was saying, give Jimin a chance. It's not going to hurt, right?"

"I'll think about it," Yoongi said and he meant it.

"That's all I'm asking," Taehyung said before digging into his food.

Noticing there was someone miss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter