Ch.1 - Partner?

Was It Worth It?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We used to be best friend since junior high. We were always there for each other when things got rough.  Everyone thought I was weird but you never did. You told me that it was my best trait. You know me like a best friend should know. Like when I randomly dance because I'm happy or I make faces when I'm bored and you know I say the weirdest thing out of nowhere. Of course being best friend, I know all about you too. You are a perfectionist in drawing, trying to capture every little detail on paper. You only sing when you think nobody is around, which bother me because you have the most beautiful voice that I ever heard. You also have that smile that can melt everyone's hearts.

 

Remember the good time that we had? Playing pranks on the neighbors, going to the school's festival, having the best time of our life, I'll treasure those memories. But you know what they say; all good things must come to an end. Our friendship ended when we got into high school.

 

It was okay at first. We had most of the same classes, which was good. We made new friends, well mostly you did cause who would have wanted to be friend with the weird kid. I only made one or two friends, while you made tons. I wasn't jealous at all at first cause we always hang out after school. But then the popular kids approached you. They'll invite you to eat with them at lunch but you denied their invitation just to hang out with me. It made me feels good and bad at the same time. I was happy that you rather hang out with me than them but I was also feeling bad because I felt like I was holding you back. But those negative thoughts went away when you smile at me. I felt like everything was going to be okay but it wasn't.

 

You started to hang out with the popular kids more. When I walked down the hall, I see you with them. You wave at me and smile. You told your friends something and came to me. You told me that you were going shopping with them and ask me to come along. I declined of course because I can tell that your new friends didn't want me to go and I didn’t want to feel awkward being there. You were sad but I made you feel better

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter