Back To Studying

Abled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        

 

 

 

 

A week later

 

Amber’s Pov

 

“Mom please can you do me this favor,” I begged her.

“I don’t see why I have to leave my own house. I can just stay in my room. It is exactly the same,” she said.

“It’s not. Mom I really am just asking for some privacy. Everyone my age lives on their own at college. You can at least do this for me.”

“I didn’t pay for you to have a tutor and not study when you are together.”

“We will study. I promise, I just would like to have the house to ourselves. I want to seem self sufficient in front of her.”

“Honey why don’t I take you out to eat tonight? We haven’t had a date night in a while,” my Dad suggested to her.

“But-” she started.

“Can we talk in the bedroom about this?” he asked her.

 

She followed him into their room.

 

Mr.Liu’s Pov

 

“I just don’t know if I feel comfortable leaving them together by themselves,” she said unsure.

“Why not? Am is nineteen years old. She is an adult for all intents and purposes. This isn’t the same situation as with her previous girlfriends either.”

“She never used to bring them to the house. I just have a bad feeling about leaving her.”

“She needs some space to be able to do what she wants. This will be good for her,” I insisted.

“And what happens if they start dating and it doesn’t end well? I don’t think she is emotionally ready to handle that,” she said worried.

“She is old enough to decide that and deal with the consequences. But if it goes well this could do wonders for her self esteem. I haven’t seen her this happy in a long time. She needs this sweetheart. So let’s go out and let them have some privacy. We will be a phone call away if she needs us for any reason.”

“Ok,” she agreed.

 

 

A Hour Later

 

Amber’s Pov

 

“Come on in,” I said opening the door for her after the first ring.

 

I had been waiting.

 

“Hey,” she said stepping inside. “Are we headed to the kitchen?” she asked.

“I thought we could study in the living room tonight.”

“Ok.”

“Do you want a snack or something to drink?” I asked.

“I’m good. Thanks though.”

 

Once we were both sitting on the couch, we started to study. I had gotten out of my chair to sit on the couch. After an hour of going over our notes I decided I had had enough. I closed my book and placed it on the table.

 

“Done for today?” she asked laughing.

“My head hurts.”

“Oh do you need aspirin? I think I have some,” she said reaching for her bag.

“No,” I said stopping her by putting a hand on her arm. “I didn’t mean literally. Just that I’m tired of studying,” I explained.

“Right,” she said embarrassed before glancing at my hand.

 

I dropped my hand. Then brought it up to smooth back my hair.

 

“No hat tonight,” she said looking at me.

“I’m trying something new.”

“It’s nice to change things up every now and then.”

 

I did it for you.

 

“Do you have to leave right away?” I asked.

“Nope. I don’t have plans.”

“Then do you maybe want to watch one of those superhero movies I was telling you about?” I asked hopeful.

“I’d love you,” she said sweetly.

“Great. I have a lot to pick from.”

“What’s your favorite? You know what, can I guess?” she asked.

“Yeah.”

“I’m going to go out on a limb and say Superman is your favorite,” she said looking at me closely.

“How did you know?” I asked shocked.

“I think I know you better than you think.”

 

I didn’t know what to say. How did she guess? She’s amazing.

 

“And something your wearing might have tipped me off,” she chuckled pointing to my shirt.

 

I was wearing my superman emblem shirt today. I completely forgot.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter