Without You

Abled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

 

Later that day

 

Still thinking about Am I made my way to the basketball courts after class hoping that I might run into her. But once I got there it was only John that I found.

 

“Hey John,” I said walking over to him as he noticed me.

“Oh Krystal. Hey,” he said placing the ball in his lap.

“I was wondering if you had seen or heard from Am recently. She hasn’t been answering her phone or been in class.”

“I haven’t. But I didn’t know she was skipping class. That worries me a little to hear that. Normally I might not see her or hear from her for periods of time. That’s not unusual. She needs to be alone sometimes and I understand that. But her parents wouldn’t allow her to skip class for any reason,” he said.

“I’m worried too. We had a fight and it’s just so much more complicated than before.”

“I’m sorry to hear that. But I think I really should tell you that Am puts on a brave face most of the time. With everything she has been through she is a lot more fragile than she looks. I don’t know too many details about your relationship but I really hope that you are mindful of what you say to her. I know she wouldn’t wanted me telling you this but I don’t want to see her get hurt. When I first became friends with her she was in a bad place. It took her a long time to get where she is today, and I don’t want her to lose that progress. Sorry if that sounds harsh.”

“No of course not. I wouldn’t want to do anything to hurt her in anyway. That’s what I’m trying to make her understand,” I said defeated.

“If you are really worried I think your best bet would be to go by her house. She’s bound to be there. I hope you work things out,” he said kindly.

“Thank you. I really hope so too,” I said sadly waving goodbye and leaving.

 

I drove straight to her house, but once I got there I couldn’t get out of my car. I sat there and tried to find my courage. Don’t be a coward. You have to fix this. Even if she won’t forgive me I still have to apologize. Numbly I made my way to the front door and held my hand up to push the door bell, when the door surprisingly opened. 

 

“Krystal?” Mr. Liu said confused holding a trash bag.

“I’m sorry. Maybe I should just go. I didn’t mean to disturb you,” I said in a rush turning to go back to my car.

“Wait,” he said putting the bag down and closing the door behind him.

 

I turned slowly back to him with tears in my eyes. I was trying desperately to blink them away and seem like I wasn’t falling apart.

 

“You came to see Am?”

“She’s not answering her phone,” I said quietly.

 

He took a step towards me and I flinched before saying, “Because we have another test next week. We need to find a time to study,” I said trying to justify myself.

 

“She’s in her room.”

 

I felt myself fill with hope.

 

“But she hasn’t been feeling well the past few days. I don’t know if she is up for visitors,” he said as my face fell.

“Oh, of course. I’m so stupid. I’m sorry for bothering you. I’ll go,” I said letting a tear escape and roll down my face.

“You’re not stupid Krystal. And you are not bothering me. She just needs some more time,” he said moving closer to touch my arm briefly.

“Could you actually just give her this for me,” I said pulling a letter out of my bag.

“Sure,” he said taking it.

“Tell her I’m so sorry,” I said sniffling and retreating to my car before pulling away as fast as I could.

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

She was crying. I made her cry. I dropped my hand away from the blinds as my dad walked back in the front door.

 

“Am, I thought you were in your room,” he said surprised.

 

I stared at the letter in his hands.

 

“You saw the whole thing didn’t you? You were watching?” he asked noticing I was close to the window.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter