Only In The Movies

Abled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

 

“So you have to tell me, what kind of movies do you like?”

“You’ll probably laugh at me. I’m a total girl. I love romantic movies. And sometimes the occasional suspensive drama,” she said shy. “I assume you like the same?” she asked kidding.

“Only if I was watching with you,” I said before pausing to assess her reaction.

 

She gave me a smile while glancing at me.

 

“I actually enjoy action movies the most. So if you are a total girl, I’m a total geek. I love all of those superhero movies. I like watching other people do impossible things,” I explained.

“That’s a really nice thing. I’ve never actually seen one of those.”

“No way! We have to fix that. I have an extensive dvd collection. Maybe we could watch one after our next study session?” I suggested.

“Yeah maybe,” she said as we arrived at the theater.

“So it looks like a there’s an animated kids movie and a horror movie playing right now,” I said looking at the choices.

“Hmm...those were not in our favorites.”

“I guess we don’t have to see one,” I said kind of disappointed.

“No we’re already here. We have to go in.”

“Well do you get scared easily?” I asked.

“Maybe not if I was watching with you.”

 

She is too much right now. She is flirting just as much as I am. Gosh she is so beautiful, without even trying to be. It’s not even how she looks, I’ve never met a girl like her before.

 

“It looks like ‘Fright Night’ it is then,” I said taking out my wallet and handing her my credit card. “Can you order them. I can’t really see over the counter.”

“Oh you don’t have to buy mine,” she said worried.

“Consider it a thank you for helping me. I feel really good about my test because of you.”

“But your mom is already paying me to tutor you.”

“Please let me get it for you,” I said trying to convince her.

“Ok. Thank you,” she said before ordering two tickets.

 

 

A Little while later

 

“This was such a bad idea,” Krystal groaned gripping my arm the hundredth time since the movie started.

“I had no idea it would be this bloody.”

“Ah,” she said frightened actually leaning her head against my shoulder.

 

This was the first time I had felt more than just her hand touch me, and it was amazing. Even though it was cold in the theater I suddenly felt really warm. I thought she would sit back up again after a second, but seemed content to keep her head where it was and hold my arm tighter.

 

“How are you not scared?” she whispered in disbelief.

“I don’t really get scared anymore. It’s been a while since something has really frightened me,” I whispered back.

 

She lifted her head from my shoulder look at me. Since my face was turned towards hers, we were dangerously close to each other. Realizing this she pulled back some and let go of my arm. I wanted to say something, but what? You have the most amazing eyes? I like being close to you? Would you mind if I kissed your perfect lips? NO! What is she doing to me? The movie became loud quickly at a character’s death, and she glanced at the screen only to place her hand on top of mine that was resting on my leg. Her grip was tight.

 

“You don’t have to worry. The killer can’t hurt you. I wouldn’t let anyone hurt you,” I said as her grip began to soften. 

 

She looked at me again, and I placed my other hand on top of hers and squeezed.

 

“Let’s get out of here. I think there is another movie calling our names,” I said.

 

So we made our way out and once we were in the hallway I pointed to the animated movie we had passed on across the way, and we snuck in. Once we were in she leaned over and said, “Thanks I don’t think I could’ve made it through the whole movie.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter