Test Day

Abled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

A few days later


“Hey champ, wake up,” my dad said shaking me. “You’ll be late for class. Don’t you have that test today?” he asked.

“What? Uh, am I late?” I asked picking my head up from the desk.

“Did you sleep here all night?”

“What time is it?” I asked worried.

“Don’t freak out. I’ll get you there in time,” he encouraged.

“I have to do well on this test dad. We have to go now,” I said wheeling out of my room.

“You’re not even going to change into new clothes?”

“No this is fine. I can’t be late. I studied so hard.”

“Ok we’ll go. But at least grab a power bar or a banana to eat,” he said.

 

In History Class

 

I had arrived with about five minutes to spare. Krystal was already seated next to my normal spot.

 

“Hey, I was beginning to get worried,” she said as I came beside her.

“I made it,” I sighed.

“Are you ok? You look tired,” she said looking me over.

“I studied all night.”

“You didn’t sleep? Am that’s not good for you,” she said placing her hand on top of mine. 

“I have to do well.”

“You will. But you didn’t need to cram all night for that to happen. I meant for this to be a light hearted bet, not something that caused you stress. It’s important that you get enough sleep. And are you still wearing the same clothes from when we studied last night?” she asked shocked.

“I was hoping you wouldn’t notice.”

“Promise me after the test you are going to rest. Why do you make me worry about you so much?”

“You worry about me?” I asked with a smile.

“Ok everyone, put everything away and take out your pencils. The tests are being passed out,” the teacher announced getting our attention.

“Relax you are going to do great,” she encouraged touching my face for a second.

“Thanks. Good luck,” I told her hopeful.

 

 

After the test

 

“I know I failed,” I groaned as we left the classroom.

“There’s no way. We went over the material so many times. You had it down. I don’t want you to worry about it anymore. You must be hungry right? Why don’t we just enjoy the afternoon and go to the cafe around the corner? How goes that sound?” she asked.

“Really nice. But it doesn’t count as the first

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter