Your House

Abled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

“So Krystal tell us about what you want to study in college,” my dad said as we started eating.

“Um...well I’m technically still undecided at the moment,” she said nervously.

“That’s normal. Dad they don’t make us declare a major until the end of the semester,” I insisted.

“I was just asking her a question,” he said noticing my tone.

“I’m really trying to understand what my best skills are. When I first graduated from high school I thought I wanted to be a vet. I had always been passionate about animals, but I realized pretty quickly that it would be a huge workload to take on. Now I think I’m leaning towards something where I interact with people more,” Krystal explained.

“I didn’t know you liked animals so much,” I said smiling.

“Yeah, ever since I was little.”

“Well my wife is a sales rep for local produce company. She has met a lot of interesting people during her career. Haven’t you sweetheart?” my dad asked my mom.

“Um yes I have. I have meetings with store owners and pitch the product to them. The goal is to get them to believe in the quality of what you are selling,” she said.

“That sounds like a very rewarding job,” Krystal said.

“Has Am told you her dream job?” my dad asked her.

“No, I can’t say that she has,” she answered grinning at me.

“He’s just joking. I’m undecided too,” I said.

“But she really is a very talented artist,” my dad said.

“Dad,” I said embarrassed.

“What? You used to go on and on about being a comic book artist one day. You always carried a sketch book around. I’ve seen your drawings. They are very good, particularly since you are self taught.”

“You draw?” Krystal asked.

“Not as much as I used to,” I admitted.

“I guess we are both learning about each other,” she said happily.

“Krystal are you going to continue tutoring her now that you two are seeing each other?” my mom asked suddenly.

“Well I...guess I hadn’t really thought about that,” Krystal said slowly.

“I just need to know if I need to find someone else.”

“I’m happy to keep studying with her, but I don’t think I can let you pay me for it,” Krystal said.

“Mom can we change the subject please?” I begged her.

“So do you two have any exciting plans coming up?” my dad cut in. “A date maybe?”

“Ugh,” I sighed in defeat.

 

 

After dinner

 

“I’m sorry if that was awful,” I told her as we went back to my room.

“It wasn’t. I was a little unprepared to have dinner with them tonight though. But even though they asked some tough questions, I can tell that they just care about you,” she said sitting on my bed, as I turned my chair towards her.

“You are being too amazing about this.”

“Make sure the door stays open,” my dad said popping his head in my room.

“Yeah we got it dad,” I said as he waved and left. “They are like breathing down my neck. They must have completely forgot what it was like when I used to date. They never gave me the third degree about what I was doing every second.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter