In Person

Abled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

I have to see her in person. But it’s late. And I don’t know where she lives. We are freshmen. She is probably on campus somewhere. What if I ask her to come here? That’s too forward maybe? We could meet somewhere. But someone would have to drive me. Ugh I wish I could drive myself. Where could we meet where we both have been before? The basketball courts. I pulled out my phone and texted her:

 

I read your letter. I really think we should talk in person. Can you meet me at the basketball courts in half an hour? I don’t think I can wait until tomorrow.

 

After I sent it I clutched my phone waiting for a response. Please say yes. Please.

 

From Krystal: Ok.

 

That was enough for me. This is happening. Now I just have to get dad to drive me. I made my way to his office.

 

“Dad I have to ask you something important,” I told him on edge.

“What? Is something wrong?” he asked worried.

“No but I have to see Krystal, tonight. I read her letter and I need to see her.”

“Well, I’m not sure what you are asking me.”

“I need you to drive me to the basketball courts on campus. She said that she could meet me there. Can you please?” I begged.

“It’s almost dark,” he said reluctant.

“Dad please. She poured her heart out in this letter and I need to talk to her about it.”

“So I assume the letter explained everything that happened with the fight you had?”

“Yes and more. Dad she...she likes me. She said it in here, and I need to fix this. I miss her dad. And I made her cry. I need to apologize for that, and I can’t wait any longer,” I said.

“I’ll get my keys then,” he said standing up.

“Thank you! You’re the best!”

 

Once we had made it to the courts and I got out of our van my dad stepped out to talk to me.

 

“Should I wait? Or do you need me to come back and get you?” he asked looking down at me.

“I don’t know how long this will take. And I was hoping that if everything went well she would bring me home.”

“Oh, ok then. Just call me if you do need me to come back.”

“I will.”

“And try not to be too late. I’ve given you some slack on missing school the past few days, but you have to go tomorrow. Got it?” he asked pointing at me.

“Yeah.”

“Ok. Go get her,” he said squeezing my shoulder.

“Thanks dad. For your advice. For everything really.”

“That’s what fathers are for. See you at home,” he said getting back in the van and driving away.

 

I made my way to the courts and found her sitting on the bleachers. Once she saw me she started fidgeting.

 

“Krystal thank you for coming. I’m sorry it was such short notice,” I said coming to a stop in front of where she sat.

“Am...I....I’m so sorry...” she said on the verge of crying.

“No please,” I said reaching my hands out to her then pulling them back unsure. “Please don’t be sad anymore. I read your letter and it was amazing. You didn’t have to be that honest with me,” I said earnestly as she looked at me.

“I had to. I had to tell you everything so that you would know that my feelings have never been anything but genuine,” she said as a tear rolled down her face.

 

On instinct I reached out to wipe it away.

“I overreacted Krystal. I never should have said some of things I did.”

“You had every right to be mad. It was your story to tell.”

“No,” I said now using both of my hands to hold her face. “You did nothing wrong. You’ve been nothing but good to me. This whole thing was a big misunderstanding. I don’t want you to be sad,” I said.

“And I’m sorry for being conflicted about my feelings for you. I’m sorry I was afraid,” she said getting more upset.

“I was just angry when I said that. I was being insensitive. It’s astounding to me that you have feelings for me at all,” I said dropping my hands.

“Do you not see how amazing you are?” she asked in disbelief trying to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter