Unexpected Feelings

Abled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

“Why do you always have to embarrass me?” I questioned loud enough for my parents to hear in the other room.

“How did we embarrass you? You better get back in here we are having dinner soon,” my mom yelled back.

“I’m not hungry!” I shouted rolling into my bedroom and closing the door behind me.

 

I don’t really know how to feel right now. I took off my hat and threw it on the bed before locking the wheels on my chair and climbing out of it and onto the bed. I stared up at the ceiling and only one thing kept coming back into my mind. Her beautiful face.

She was so-

 

“Am, can I come in?” my dad asked knocking.

“Can’t you see I’m upset.”

“That’s why I want to talk,” he said opening the door and coming in. “Listen Am your mother may not understand why you feel embarrassed but I think I do,” he said sitting on the edge of my bed. “Krystal is a very pretty girl.”

“Dad,” I groaned turning my head away from him.

“What? Why can’t we talk about this? We never have meaningful conversations anymore. I miss that. You used to always come to me for advice. I worry about you so much. Why won’t you talk to me?” my dad questioned sadly.

“Donghae always gave me girl advice,” I mumbled.

“I know he did. And I’m sorry I can’t be that for you. But I’m here, and I care about you. And I love you so much it hurts. Since he can’t be here for you now, at least let me step in,” he pleaded. 

“I never meant to make you sad dad,” I said with regret. “I wasn’t expecting this to happen with Krystal. And I’m scared. I’ve seen her in class before, but always from afar. When she came in the kitchen and I realized instantly how attracted to her I was. I haven’t felt like this about anyone in a long time, because I didn’t want to. I can’t take anymore heartbreak or disappointment. That’s why I haven’t allowed my myself to like anyone. I have no real chance with her anyway,” I sighed.

“I hate that you are so negative about this. You always get down on yourself.”

“Dad I’m realistic. I come with a lot of issues both physical and emotional. Not to mention the odds of her being straight. Really straight. Girls like her wouldn’t go for someone like me,” I said.

“I seem to recall that there were many girls that you thought you didn’t stand a chance with that ended up falling head over heels for you. And you didn’t see the way she was smiling at you when I walked in. I think you definitely have a chance. You just have to be confident enough to try,” he said placing his hand on my leg.

“I haven’t dated anyone in almost two years. I haven’t even tried. I don’t even no where to start. Plus the girls I dated in high school I didn’t tre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter