The Roommate

Abled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

“And she returns,” Sulli laughed as I entered our dorm room.

“Why are you laughing?” I asked moving to sit on my bed.

“Oh no reason. I just feel like I hardly see you anymore. You don’t come back to the dorm except to sleep.”

“I’ve been busy,” I said sheepishly.

“With your studies, you’ve told me. But I can’t figure out what a stuffed dolphin would have to do with getting good grades,” she said pointing it what I was holding in my hands.

“This? This is nothing,” I said putting it behind me nervously.

“Krys, why are you being like this? Why are you lying?”

“I’m not.”

“Krys I’m not stupid. I can clearly tell that you have someone in your life. Why won’t you tell me about him? You were always so open about dating Will. Are you trying not to jinx it or something?” she wondered.

“Someone special?” I repeated.

“Yeah, you come back late but always happy. You leave the room when you get a phone call. These are kind of big signs that I’ve picked up on. And I’m not trying to pressure you into talking, but I just thought we were close. But if you don’t feel that way....”

“No, Sulli don’t think that. You are one of the best friends I’ve made here. This is just important to me. It’s...uh I mean it shouldn’t be hard to talk about, but it is. I mean you’re right I don’t want to ruin this thing I have. But I’m not scared of me ruining it, just other people. If I tell you the truth I don’t want you to think differently of me,” I admitted looking down at the floor.

“Krystal, what are you talking about? Why are you making this such a big deal? Is he like a drug addict or something? she asked coming to sit next to me.

“Stop saying he!” I blurted out, before putting my hand over my mouth.

“Oh...” she said trying to digest what that meant. “Wow um Krys...that’s-”

 

I stood up and walked across the room. I kept my back to her. I didn’t want to cry.

 

“Hey don’t take this the wrong way. I don’t care, and I won’t think any differently of you. It was just a shock. I didn’t see this coming,” she said.

“Neither did I,” I said my voice breaking.

“Krys please don’t be upset,” she said coming over to me.

“The whole thing I still can’t understand. All I should be is happy that I’m with someone who is so incredible, but I still worry about what other people will think. It shouldn’t matter! I shouldn’t let it bother me!”

“I completely understand. But all that should matter right now is that I’m here. And all I care about is your happiness. Don’t think about other people right now. Don’t be upset. Just tell me about her. I really want to know,” she said putting her arms around me.

“Really?” I asked in disbelief.

“Really, really. I want to know all about this person that has been making you happy.”

“I don’t know where to start,” I said smiling.

“How about with some pics? I gotta see what she looks like,” she said eager.

“Um, ok I’ve got some on my phone.”

“Of course you do. Hand it over,” she said with her hand outstretched.

 

I opened my pictures app and scrolled to one of her pictures.

“What? Wait a second,” Sulli exclaimed taking the phone and examining the picture.

“Yeah I know. You never would of guessed she was a girl. I didn’t even know at first.”

“No not that. She’s so cute! I mean handsome. No I mean...ugh it doesn’t really matter. But she is attractive,” she said happily.

“Why do I keep hearing that response? My sister said the same thing.”

“It means you have good taste. You should’ve started the conversation with this picture. By the way you were talking I thought it was going to be another lipstick.”

“Lipstick?” I asked confused.

“Yeah you know a more feminine appearing lesbian. You gotta get up on your terms, if you are going to be joining the wonderful world of ladies loving other ladies,” she said matter of fact.

“I can’t believe that just came out of your mouth.”

“What I know things. And you have got a butch babe on your hands.

“Stop saying butch, and li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter