Study Session

Abled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Krystal's Pov

 

 

Three Hours Later

 

I had plugged the address into my gps and it had taken me to this one story suburban home. It was very nice. Not what I was expecting. I was thinking it would be your average college apartment. I was also surprised to find a middle aged asian woman answer the door.

 

“Hello I hope I have the right address. My professor sent me to tutor a classmate,” I explained.

“Yes. Yes. She told me you were coming. Come in,” she said letting me step in.

“She’s in the kitchen. I’ll tell her you are here,” she said walking into the other room.

 

So it’s a girl. That’s something. I let my eyes scan around the house some. I guess she still must live with her parents. I wonder why? Maybe because they live so close to the campus. Eventually my eye caught what looked like a family photo. Wait isn’t that-

 

“Mom, I told you I don’t need a tutor! I’m doing fine,” I voice from inside the kitchen said frustrated.

 

Amber-That had to be her in the photograph. It was taken a few years ago, but it still looks just like her.

 

“You are not doing fine. You are barely passing, and you could fail the class. There is nothing wrong with accepting a little help. You can’t afford to fail this class. We don’t have enough money for you to fall behind and have to repeat some classes. You will be tutored, it’s not a choice I’m offering,” the mother’s voice said.

 

I feel like I’m eavesdropping but where can I disappear to?

 

“She’s here so let’s not keep her waiting,” the mother continued walking back into the living room to get me. “I think you two can study at the kitchen table. Follow me please,” she said bringing me into the other room.

 

Yep it was Amber all right. I was not prepared for this. The only person in class that seemed to kept finding their way into my thoughts was the person I was supposed to tutor. Her chair was pushed right up to the table, and when she glanced at me for the first time I could tell that she remembered our classroom encounter. 

 

“Well I’ll leave you to it,” Amber’s mom said leaving the room.

“Are you going to sit down?” Amber asked startling me.

“Yeah,” I said sitting down and taking out my books from my backpack.

“The sooner this is over the better,” she said getting the book out of the bag that was hanging of her wheelchair.

 

She looked different closer up. She was still sporting her normal flat brimmed hat, turned backwards of course. Because she had always worn a hat in class I didn’t know what her hair looked like. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter