That Fateful Day

Abled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

“Dude why didn’t you tell me that she was coming?” John asked as we were taking a water break.

“It was a last minute thing.”

“Did I seem like an idiot in front of her? Is she seeing anyone? Do you think I would have a chance?” he asked rapidly.

“One question at a time. She is not dating anyone at the moment from what Krystal has told me. I only just met her today, like you, remember.”

“She’s so beautiful though. Like supermodel gorgeous,” he sighed looking at Sulli from across the court. “Even hotter than Krystal.”

“Hey,” I said throwing the ball at him hard. “We might have to disagree there.”

“You getting a girlfriend is like the best thing that has ever happened to us. At first I thought that I wouldn’t get to hang out with you as much because you would be spending so much time with her. But instead she has amazingly hot friends that I get to meet,” he said happily.

“She’s still not officially my girlfriend yet you know.”

“Why not? What could be stopping that from happening? She has like hearts in her eyes when she looks at you.”

“We are taking it slow. For my sake and hers. I’m getting used to dating again. And doing it for the first time in this chair. And plus I don’t really feel like I’ve had a real girlfriend before. I’ve known Krystal for a few weeks now, and I’ve never spent that much time with a girl and not slept with her.”

“Are you worried about that?” he asked.

“I don’t even want to think about it. I don’t know what she is used to from her other relationships. It seems like she wouldn’t want to be intimate without being together for a while. Plus she’s only ever been with guys, and my self confidence in that department is at an all time low. This is a big reason why I’ve avoided getting close to someone in this way. I don’t want to disappoint her. It’s complicated, like everything else is for me.”

“Trust me buddy you are far from disappointing her. She must be head over heels for you to come out here and watch us fumble around this basketball court every time we play,” he laughed touching my shoulder. “And you don’t need to freak yourself out by thinking too far ahead. Right now she likes you, and you like her. So take things as they come,” he encouraged.

“Yeah you’re right.”

“Yes I am the dating guru always at your service. My next piece of advice is why would we stay over here a moment longer when there are two very pretty girls waiting for us?”

“I can’t argue with that,” I said as we began to move back over to them.

“So did we pass the test?” John asked Sulli.

“You were ok,” she said.

“Maybe you should get out there and try,” he suggested.

“Me? No, I don’t have any athletic bone in body,” she said.

“Come on. I’ll help you. I insist,” he said holding out a hand to her.

“Fine, but just because I can already tell that you won’t take no for an answer,” she said taking his hand and standing up from the bleachers.

“So he’s trying to win her over by showing her how to play basketball,” Krystal laughed. “Is that the only move you two have to impress girls?” she joked.

“Only for ones we really like. And you are no girl,” I said leaning towards her.

“Oh then what am I?”

“You are a very sophisticated woman. And if you stick around I might have a few more moves that could impress you.”

“I look forward to seeing what you come up with,” she smiled before kissing me.

 

She kept a hold on me until she paused to say, “I really wish we were alone right now.”

“Are you trying to make me go crazy?”

“I just really like spending time with you, when it’s just the two of us,” she said taking my hand.

“You organized this little double date.”

“And I think my work is done,” she said pointing to where Sulli and John were laughing together. “We should have dinner some time this week. Would you be up for that?”

“Of course. As long as we don’t have dinner with my parents again for a while, I’m up for anything,” I said.

“It wasn’t as bad as you are making it out to be.”

“I know, but like you said I just want to be alone with you,” I said bringing her into another kiss.

“Do you guys ever come up for air!” Sulli yelled as we kept kissing.

 

 

Three Weeks Later

 

Krystal's Pov

 

“Hey John, I’m sorry to call but I haven’t been able to get in touch with Am. Do you know where she might be?” I asked him walking around my room.

“She didn’t tell you?”

“Tell me what? I’ve been trying to reach her all day. She seemed fine last night. What is it?” I asked worried.

“If she didn’t tell you there is probably a reason.”

“John you are scaring me. Please tell me. Is she ok?”

“Today is always difficult for her. It’s the anniversary of her brother’s death,” he said carefully.

“Oh no. I feel terrible.”

“She just likes to be alone on this day. To kind of pay respect to him. It’s not that she doesn’t want to let you in Krys. It’s just really hard for her to talk about him. Even with me. She can’t let go of that guilt.”

“If she’s not at home where does she go?”

“I don’t know for sure, but I have a pretty good guess. The cemetery where he is buried is not that far from here.”

“What is the name of it?” I asked.

“Krystal I don’t think you should go.”

“John please. I can’t not see her. I won’t be able to sleep tonight without seeing her.”

“Fine I will tell you, but I can’t guarantee that she won’t be mad.”

“Thank you,” I said grateful.

 

Against John’s will I headed to the cemetery. From the time that we have been seeing each other I’ve known that under that sweet face she puts on for me there is so much pain. I hate that she is in pain. There must be something I can do to help. There must. I met her for a reason. Once I parked and started to walk around the cemetery to find her I felt the wind pick up. It was an unusually cold day for California. It was also starting to get dark. I didn’t see any other cars when I parked. If she was here one of her parents must have dropped her off. After walking around for a few minutes with no luck I spotted her in the distance near a huge oak tree, in front of a grave stone. I slowly made my way over. I didn’t want to startle her. 

 

“Am,” I called when I got close enough.

“Krystal? What are you....what are you doing here?” she asked trying to hide her tears.

“Please don’t be mad. I was worried about you, and John told me you might be here.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter