Running Into Each Other

Abled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

 

 

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

 

Two Hours Later

 

Against my wishes here we were at the coffee shop. Ailee had forced me to come with her after the test. No doubt to grill me about Amber. We were some of the last ones to leave, so I didn’t see Am after to see how it went for her.

 

“So are you going to be truthful with me?” Ailee asked sipping her coffee.

“What is the big deal?”

“It’s not, but you are making it one. You never hide things from me.”
“What am I hiding?” I asked.

“You tell me. Because what could have possibly changed in a week to make Amber act like that towards you?”

“I’m tutoring her,” I said simply.

“You’re what?” she asked confused.

“What about that don’t you understand? I’m tutoring her. For our history class.”

“Since when?” she asked.

“Last Thursday.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Ailee asked hurt.

“I didn’t think it was important. The teacher just offered me the tutoring gig. I took it for the money. I didn’t know it was Am until I got to her house.”

“Am?” she repeated narrowing her eyes at me.

“That’s what she prefers to be called,” I said sipping my own coffee.

“I’m so confused right now.”

“Why? It’s not a big deal.”

“Then why didn’t you tell me about it? It’s like you were trying to hide it from me,” she said with a hint of sadness.

“I wasn’t. I just didn’t see how it concerned you.”

“Krys please don’t tell me want to be her friend or something.”

“What?” I asked spilling some of my drink. “I’m just tutoring her. You are blowing this way out of proportion,” I said trying not to blush at what she had said.

“I told you about her so that you could stay clear of her. She wants to be left alone. You are just wasting your time with her. Just stay away from her. It’s in your best interest.”

“Who are you to tell me what’s best for me? I thought you were my friend,” I said standing up to leave.

“She’s only going to hurt you. Krystal!” she yelled after me as I walked out of the shop.

 

What the hell was that? I’ve never seen her act like that before. Granted I’ve only known her for about six months, but she was one of my first friends when I got to college. I walked briskly through the park to try to get to my car that was parked on the edge of campus. I was also desperately trying not to cry.

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

“You seem creepily happy today,” John commented passing me the ball.

“I don’t know what you are talking about,” I denied.

“Dude, why are you lying? Didn’t you h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter